Electronics package

raidernixon

I'm tempted to get the electronics package on my 2011, but at $2400 it seems like an awful lot. Does this thing do anything more than what an aftermarket integrated screen gps/dvd unit would do?

Has anyone here experienced Ford's integrated GPS/Satellite radio/CD/DVD player? Whats your opinion on it?

I'm tempted to get the electronics package on my 2011, but at $2400 it seems like an awful lot. Does this thing do anything more than what an aftermarket integrated screen gps/dvd unit would do?

Has anyone here experienced Ford's integrated GPS/Satellite radio/CD/DVD player? Whats your opinion on it?

For $2400 I was surprised that it's only as powerful as the Shaker 500 (500W), and no option to upgrade it to the 1000W 10-speaker level of the Shaker 1000 package. Kinda sad to make you choose between the two; I would rather have the wattage and speaker array than the doodads, but I would have maybe paid a few extra to get the best of both worlds. So Ford loses out on a $1400 sale.

It does a LOT more than the aftermarket units. Things like individual climate control, satellite weather maps and traffic alerts, a huge HD that converts and saves MP3's and organizes them so you can search by artist, etc., and ability to store and display your own wallpaper and pictures, automatically linking to your phone's bluetooth and integrating voice commands for Nav, Media, and Phone, and more, for example. Plus, it fully integrates with the car's systems for light levels and dimming, and utilizing speed sensors and internal accelerometers to continue NAV tracking even when in a tunnel or parking garage. This is from my experience with my brother-in-law's 2010, but I think you can download the manual and review the features yourself from the Ford site or other places I've seen referenced.

As for the sound, I have the '08 version of NAV, much more limited in capabilities, but still nicely integrated into the car's system with a very intuitive and easy to read display, and with the same Shaker 500 base. I think the sound is good. It is significantly more powerful than other typical "premium" systems from the manufacturers and has separate powered woofers and tweeter/midrange speakers in each door. I listened to a Shaker 1000 system before I got mine, and except for announcing to people on the sidewalk that you have a big woofer in the trunk, I didn't think it sounded as "balanced" and would not opt for it. Just my opinion...

=Vic=

• 2 weeks later...

It does a LOT more than the aftermarket units. Things like individual climate control, satellite weather maps and traffic alerts, a huge HD that converts and saves MP3's and organizes them so you can search by artist, etc., and ability to store and display your own wallpaper and pictures, automatically linking to your phone's bluetooth and integrating voice commands for Nav, Media, and Phone, and more, for example. Plus, it fully integrates with the car's systems for light levels and dimming, and utilizing speed sensors and internal accelerometers to continue NAV tracking even when in a tunnel or parking garage. This is from my experience with my brother-in-law's 2010, but I think you can download the manual and review the features yourself from the Ford site or other places I've seen referenced.

As for the sound, I have the '08 version of NAV, much more limited in capabilities, but still nicely integrated into the car's system with a very intuitive and easy to read display, and with the same Shaker 500 base. I think the sound is good. It is significantly more powerful than other typical "premium" systems from the manufacturers and has separate powered woofers and tweeter/midrange speakers in each door. I listened to a Shaker 1000 system before I got mine, and except for announcing to people on the sidewalk that you have a big woofer in the trunk, I didn't think it sounded as "balanced" and would not opt for it. Just my opinion...

=Vic=

I have climate control in the Taurus and like it. I'd like to have it in the Mustang, but not enough to buy the whole nav/electronics package to get it. SYNC by itself offers some very cool music/phone/voice capability.

• 3 months later...

I have climate control in the Taurus and like it. I'd like to have it in the Mustang, but not enough to buy the whole nav/electronics package to get it. SYNC by itself offers some very cool music/phone/voice capability.

I have it in my 2010 Platinum F150, and it's pretty sweet. Climate control, Jukebox, NAV, Sync, Sirius all tied together. I liked it so much that I ordered it again on my Mustang...

The weather map is sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the Electronics Package in my new Mustang. It looks very well thought out and integrated with Sync, Sirius, voice commands, etc. It is much, much better than a stand-along nav. unit. Much more expensive, of course, but I think the Electronics package really changes the feel of the car to one that is on the cutting edge of computer technology. Maybe not quite so cutting edge as the new Edge (no pun intended), but still way ahead of the competition.

The Electronics Package is awesome and well worth the price if you use it. I have it on my '11 GT 500 and love it. I am amaized at what it can do and I learn new functions every day.

For thoes who want the Shaker 1000 and Electronics Package system, here is an easy solution http://marblesmotors.com/GT5002011Stereo.htm and it works very well.

Edited by jdaallen

The Electronics Package is awesome and well worth the price if you use it. I have it on my '11 GT 500 and love it. I am amaized at what it can do and I learn new functions every day.

For thoes who want the Shaker 1000 and Electronics Package system, here is an easy solution http://marblesmotors.com/GT5002011Stereo.htm and it works very well.

i oredered it to seemed worth it.

The electronics package is definately the better choice over the Shaker1000 ... IMO the Shaker1000 option is way overpriced.. Ive had both.. and for the most bang for your buck your better off getting the electronics package with the shaker500 and if you want the subs and more power go to Crutchfield.. you can get a lotta more sub/amp wise for the money.. And usually they have some pretty good self contained systems made to fit the car..

The electronics package is definately the better choice over the Shaker1000 ... IMO the Shaker1000 option is way overpriced.. Ive had both.. and for the most bang for your buck your better off getting the electronics package with the shaker500 and if you want the subs and more power go to Crutchfield.. you can get a lotta more sub/amp wise for the money.. And usually they have some pretty good self contained systems made to fit the car..

good point.