2010 non-turbo Taurus real world gas mileage.

DUCKRACER

First of all I can't believe this forum is so small. The 2010 Taurus ROCKS!!!! Why is there no one here?

Just In case, I would appreciate input from anyone who owns a Limited 2010 Taurus as to what mileage they get. I am specifying the Limited because the mileage is less than the lower trim models and I am interested in buying one.

Any input would be appreciated.

I feel like the guy in the Twilight Zone episode entitled "Where is everybody?"

First of all I can't believe this forum is so small. The 2010 Taurus ROCKS!!!! Why is there no one here?

Just In case, I would appreciate input from anyone who owns a Limited 2010 Taurus as to what mileage they get. I am specifying the Limited because the mileage is less than the lower trim models and I am interested in buying one.

DRCR- you are correct -where is everyone- Not exactly what you wanted but my 2010 SHO gets like 22.5 average- my daily commute is a total of 34 miles- of which 20 miles is I-495 and if you are not doing 75/80 you will get rear ended. About 4 miles is rural and 10 is in heavy traffic 4 lane with 4 or 5 trafic lights.

I have done as high as 27.1 in a 300 mile interstate run with about 50 miles of heavy Garden State Parkway rush hour 65 mph one minute 30 mph on and off the brakes next.

Not sure what the difference is between the SEL and Limited, but we're getting between 27-28 straight highway, and something around 22 combined (mostly city) in an SEL.

DRCR- you are correct -where is everyone- Not exactly what you wanted but my 2010 SHO gets like 22.5 average- my daily commute is a total of 34 miles- of which 20 miles is I-495 and if you are not doing 75/80 you will get rear ended. About 4 miles is rural and 10 is in heavy traffic 4 lane with 4 or 5 trafic lights.

I have done as high as 27.1 in a 300 mile interstate run with about 50 miles of heavy Garden State Parkway rush hour 65 mph one minute 30 mph on and off the brakes next.

27.1 hwy is better than the 25hwy claimed by FoMoCo. Thanks.

Not sure what the difference is between the SEL and Limited, but we're getting between 27-28 straight highway, and something around 22 combined (mostly city) in an SEL.

OK, that is good, too. FoMoCo claims 27hwy.

This helps immensly, guys. I really appreciate your input. I am leaning towards the Taurus rather than the Fusion now.

OK, that is good, too. FoMoCo claims 27hwy.

This helps immensly, guys. I really appreciate your input. I am leaning towards the Taurus rather than the Fusion now.

I traded an '08 Fusion for the Taurus. Although I never had any trouble with the Fusion, there's just no comparison between the two.

Well, I don't know where all the posts went. There were alot on the car and SHO here a few weeks ago. I got tired of coming to the forum as no one was posting. I'm also getting 27+ on the highway, 21+ around home and local traffic. As far as differences go, the car is bigger, period. There's more room inside, the trunk is huge, and the ride, although I own the SHO, is pretty good. I drove an SEL prior to my purchase as the dealer didn't have a SHO. The ride was smooth and cushy, for the want of a better word. and I would expect the Limited to be the same. Depending on what trim level, the Limited will probably be loaded. I moved out af an AWD FreeStyle, so I'm still getting used to the space difference inside. Otherwise, I do love the car, it's power and the looks and questions I get from others. It's like "Wow," I didn't know Ford built something like this. If money isn't an issue, I'd jump on the Limited!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't know where all the posts went. There were alot on the car and SHO here a few weeks ago. I got tired of coming to the forum as no one was posting. I'm also getting 27+ on the highway, 21+ around home and local traffic. As far as differences go, the car is bigger, period. There's more room inside, the trunk is huge, and the ride, although I own the SHO, is pretty good. I drove an SEL prior to my purchase as the dealer didn't have a SHO. The ride was smooth and cushy, for the want of a better word. and I would expect the Limited to be the same. Depending on what trim level, the Limited will probably be loaded. I moved out af an AWD FreeStyle, so I'm still getting used to the space difference inside. Otherwise, I do love the car, it's power and the looks and questions I get from others. It's like "Wow," I didn't know Ford built something like this. If money isn't an issue, I'd jump on the Limited!

Thanks! Comfortable is what I am looking for so smooth and cushy is encouraging. 27+ is about what I am looking for and is darn good for a SHO.

Once again, I appreciate your response.

• 3 weeks later...

2010 SHO Checking in here.

I'm getting 18.5-19 with 90% city, stop and go Commuting.

Last tank had half highway driving (faster than I should), and I got 20.8.

I'm sure if I calmed down I'd get more, but the SHO is too much fun to drive.

2010 SHO Checking in here.

I'm getting 18.5-19 with 90% city, stop and go Commuting.

Last tank had half highway driving (faster than I should), and I got 20.8.

I'm sure if I calmed down I'd get more, but the SHO is too much fun to drive.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the input.

Just clicked over 10000 on our SHO this past week.... On a 3800 mile road trip to Texas and back through Houston, New Orleans, Nashville, and back we got:

Average 23.71 MPG

That's hauling 3 people, a trunk full of stuff, and a not so light foot, and in the South the heat was around 100 and the A/C and cooled seats were on all the time.

My average MPG for the 10k miles is 21.1 - my daily commute is mostly city and I get around 20 on this day to day.

Needless to say I'm happy with the car - the mileage is near where my previous car (RWD Infiniti G35 6MT) is and this is heavier, has AWD, and is an automatic.

I've heard of the FWD Tauruses getting 28 MPG on the highway and I can believe it.

Just clicked over 10000 on our SHO this past week.... On a 3800 mile road trip to Texas and back through Houston, New Orleans, Nashville, and back we got:

Average 23.71 MPG

That's hauling 3 people, a trunk full of stuff, and a not so light foot, and in the South the heat was around 100 and the A/C and cooled seats were on all the time.

My average MPG for the 10k miles is 21.1 - my daily commute is mostly city and I get around 20 on this day to day.

Needless to say I'm happy with the car - the mileage is near where my previous car (RWD Infiniti G35 6MT) is and this is heavier, has AWD, and is an automatic.

I've heard of the FWD Tauruses getting 28 MPG on the highway and I can believe it.

That was a lot of documentation. Thanks! I would like the 28mpg, but the SHO is only 5mpg less. Now I am not sure what to do. I guess I wil wait and see. Probably not buying until mid 2011.

That was a lot of documentation. Thanks! I would like the 28mpg, but the SHO is only 5mpg less. Now I am not sure what to do. I guess I wil wait and see. Probably not buying until mid 2011.

I've got this iPhone app called GasCubby that you put in your gallons, date, price, and mileage and it will tell you the MPG's. It will export to Excel or Text files. Really handy little app for stuff like this.

I really can't complain at all about the MPG of the SHO - it's nearly identical to what my old car was and it is heavier, has more HP and has AWD. During this trip we were running the A/C all the time, the cooled seats, a plug in cooler and the car was fully loaded with 2-3 adults. Maybe could have squeezed a few more out if I pumped up the tires to the Max pressure but didn't go that route.

I've got this iPhone app called GasCubby that you put in your gallons, date, price, and mileage and it will tell you the MPG's. It will export to Excel or Text files. Really handy little app for stuff like this.

I really can't complain at all about the MPG of the SHO - it's nearly identical to what my old car was and it is heavier, has more HP and has AWD. During this trip we were running the A/C all the time, the cooled seats, a plug in cooler and the car was fully loaded with 2-3 adults. Maybe could have squeezed a few more out if I pumped up the tires to the Max pressure but didn't go that route.

Thanks. I really would like a SHO. I will wait to see what my financial situation is in mid-2011. Also, a lot depends on the outcome of the 2010 elections.