The 5.0L loves mods!

It's a shame they decided to go for the juice before finishing their N/A game. Apparently, Evolution got into a race for the 10s against JPC.

I really wish Evolution would have finished up their bolt-ons, done gears, tubular front suspension, etc. and gone for 10s on motor before adding the juice. I fully expect their car to be capable of the 100 shot times N/A if they are smart about it.

BIG +1....adding NOS, Blowers or hairdryers means NOTHING to the backyard mechanic who loves tweeking and has a budget.........

BIG +1....adding NOS, Blowers or hairdryers means NOTHING to the backyard mechanic who loves tweeking and has a budget.........

Budget? Spray is usually cheaper than a nice set of headers.

Of course, when the bottle is empty you better head home.

Budget? Spray is usually cheaper than a nice set of headers.

Of course, when the bottle is empty you better head home.

.and more likely to do catastrophic damage....and seriously, do you think someone will release headers superior to the current 5.0's?....they looked like serious works of art......

.and more likely to do catastrophic damage....and seriously, do you think someone will release headers superior to the current 5.0's?....they looked like serious works of art......

Haha, the factory 5.0L headers look like a serious joke to me, they were definitely designed for factory fitment first and foremost.

This is what I have on my car:

KooksLTandX.jpg

So yea, the aftermarket will have no trouble making something that will make it easy to throw the 5.0L tubular manifolds in the garbage.

Edited by White99GT

Shared primaries, crimped tubing, no proper collector, a bit better than the cast iron logs but basically garbage from a sheer performance standpoint.

The stock headers are great as far as factory headers go, but they can't compare to a good set of long tubes. From the sounds of it, the 5.0L moves enough air to justify a good set of long tubes.

This motor is really going to scream when they get it uncorked. Open long tubes and minimal intake restriction will make a big difference. It's already pushing phenomenal. Those heads must be flowing like the Mississippi. I wonder where the rpm limit of the valvetrain is with the near "lofting" of the valves that was designed in. Jack the compression another number and DI it, give us a 7800 rpm redline, and eyes will get even wider. This thing makes a three valve look like a flathead performance wise. Ford has really made me proud with this one. Now, make an aluminum block and some heads like these optimized for the 6.2's bore size and Lord only knows the limit. I know, but I am a power junkie. I just hope we get to see it before it is impossible to do anymore because of mother hen.

Haha, the factory 5.0L headers look like a serious joke to me, they were definitely designed for factory fitment first and foremost.

This is what I have on my car:

KooksLTandX.jpg

So yea, the aftermarket will have no trouble making something that will make it easy to throw the 5.0L tubular manifolds in the garbage.

very nice...but question are they street legal...if so fantastic, if not moot point, that means strip only...most peoples focus on tweeking the 5.0 will be ( if like me ) from a day to day standpoint....I put JBA's on my older car, mileage jumped significantly too....

very nice...but question are they street legal...if so fantastic, if not moot point, that means strip only...most peoples focus on tweeking the 5.0 will be ( if like me ) from a day to day standpoint....I put JBA's on my older car, mileage jumped significantly too....

Like anyone actually cares if they are street legal. I see cars with no catalytic converters get past emissions testing here all the time. :shades:

Like anyone actually cares if they are street legal. I see cars with no catalytic converters get past emissions testing here all the time. :shades:

try that here, part of passing smog is a Visual inspection.....and if an item isnt CARB certified your screwed.....

Do the X-pipes with high flo cats pass inspections?

I cannot truthfully answer that, if they are Carb certified then yes, but my gut tells me they arent, sad thing is, some cars actually become cleaner at the stinky end with some mods, but if the manufacturer hasnt complied with the fleecing known as CARB ( read $ for certification ) then cars fail solely from the visual inspection. :finger: ba$tards

You'd be hard pressed to get away with that in Cali, the fines and penalties for both the tech and the shop are severe.

That's one more reason California can suck it!

for all the politacal BS we put up with here, id be hard pressed to move elsewhere.....and an FYI, only a matter of time before Cal emmisions laws and standards envelope the entire US, and seriously, anything that alleviates the smallest amounts of smog /emmisions in my eyes is a good thing, bad thing is i think they would be better off focusing on OTHER areas than just Auto which are worse offenders...i say put a bounty of the guys with gas leaf blowers....lol

for all the politacal BS we put up with here, id be hard pressed to move elsewhere.....and an FYI, only a matter of time before Cal emmisions laws and standards envelope the entire US, and seriously, anything that alleviates the smallest amounts of smog /emmisions in my eyes is a good thing, bad thing is i think they would be better off focusing on OTHER areas than just Auto which are worse offenders...i say put a bounty of the guys with gas leaf blowers....lol

Hippy. :poke: