2011 GT/CS not shipped yet

rd2008

Our GT/CS was built April 5th and as of last week still had not been shipped yet. I would have thought there would be a bit of a delay after the hold was lifted but not this long.

Our Dealership has had a GT Premium Convertible awaiting shipment as long as your GT/CS and a GT Premium Coupe waitin at the plant for about a month now. Both cars are 6-spped manuals. I've contacted Ford's help desk and our Ford Zone Manager and no one can tell me what the reason for the hold is or when the cars will be released for shipping. We went through the same type of delays last year too!

Our Dealership has had a GT Premium Convertible awaiting shipment as long as your GT/CS and a GT Premium Coupe waitin at the plant for about a month now. Both cars are 6-spped manuals. I've contacted Ford's help desk and our Ford Zone Manager and no one can tell me what the reason for the hold is or when the cars will be released for shipping. We went through the same type of delays last year too!

That seems much too long to wait. My red GT CS is slated for a 6/2 build date and if they can't deliver it quickly I know I will be looking around for other cars that are now arrieving at dealers lots. The problem is finding exactly what you want since there aren't that many out there.

That seems much too long to wait. My red GT CS is slated for a 6/2 build date and if they can't deliver it quickly I know I will be looking around for other cars that are now arrieving at dealers lots. The problem is finding exactly what you want since there aren't that many out there.

My Candy Red 2011 GT Premium, 6sp, 3.73 had an ETA of 5/29. On 5/30, the dealer told me that they checked and the car had not shipped yet and the ETA was no longer listed. Their Ford rep said they were on a Quality Control hold. Best estimate now is sometime in June.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an interesting conversation with my Ford Zone Manager yesterday regarding the delays in some 2011 Mustangs being released for shipping. As I've written previously, our store has one Mustang GT Premium Convertible that has now been held at the plant for over 2 months now. What I can share here is that approximately 6,000 vehicles including all 2011 Mustang models were held for a minor quality concern. Believe me, it's a minor issue but Ford would not permit the affected vehicles to be shipped as they wanted the vehicles corrected so that they were ready for sale upon arrival at dealerships and wouldn't be subject to any potential recall later on. Congrat's to Ford for being so cautious with vehicle quality!

Of the 6,000 vehicles affected by the quality hold, 3,500 have been serviced and released for shipment to dealers with the remaining units to be released by June 20th per Ford's orders to the plant. As such, all delayed units should be delivered to dealers by early July if not sooner.

Hope this information helps anyone that's been affected by the quality hold. Again, congrat's to Ford for being so diligent with vehicle quality!

I had an interesting conversation with my Ford Zone Manager yesterday regarding the delays in some 2011 Mustangs being released for shipping. As I've written previously, our store has one Mustang GT Premium Convertible that has now been held at the plant for over 2 months now. What I can share here is that approximately 6,000 vehicles including all 2011 Mustang models were held for a minor quality concern. Believe me, it's a minor issue but Ford would not permit the affected vehicles to be shipped as they wanted the vehicles corrected so that they were ready for sale upon arrival at dealerships and wouldn't be subject to any potential recall later on. Congrat's to Ford for being so cautious with vehicle quality!

Of the 6,000 vehicles affected by the quality hold, 3,500 have been serviced and released for shipment to dealers with the remaining units to be released by June 20th per Ford's orders to the plant. As such, all delayed units should be delivered to dealers by early July if not sooner.

Hope this information helps anyone that's been affected by the quality hold. Again, congrat's to Ford for being so diligent with vehicle quality!

Thank you for your information.

I wish there was a way I could pay extra to get my car (VIN #1ZVBP8CF7B5118634) on "Hot" status... I must have it on or before July 9th, 2010.

Our GT/CS was built April 5th and as of last week still had not been shipped yet. I would have thought there would be a bit of a delay after the hold was lifted but not this long.

I checked on my new Mustang yesterday. The car was built 5/14 and has missed 2 arrival dates. I was informed by Customer Care that a new arrival date wasn't available, but would be somewhere around "the end of July"! Beginning to wonder if they will throw in a set of snow tires, so I can get it home.

Thank you for your information.

I wish there was a way I could pay extra to get my car (VIN #1ZVBP8CF7B5118634) on "Hot" status... I must have it on or before July 9th, 2010.

If your vehicle has been produced, released and is actually in transit your Dealer's Ford Zone Manager can provide the vehicle information (VIN # & Rail Car Information) to the final ramp destination and have it "Hot Listed" at the ramp for expedited delivery to your Dealership.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on stock 2011 Mustang shipping status...

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, 6-Speed Manual, #400A... Ordered April 7th, Scheduled April 15th, Produced May 13th, Shipped June 28th, Arrived at Intermediate Point (Bingcprs, NY) July 3rd.

2011 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Black, 6-Speed Manual, #400A... Ordered February 17th, Scheduled February 18th, Produced April 7th. Last "Vehicle Visibility" update was on June 26th showing the car is still at Flat Rock!

2011 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, White, Automatic, #402A California Special... Ordered April 7th, Scheduled April 29th, Produced May 20th, Released May 22nd. Arrived at Junction Point (Bingcprs, NY) on July 2nd.

It's just incredible how long it's taking us to get our first 2011 Mustangs! I can certainly understand quality hold issues but this is a repeat of what we went through last year with the 2010 Mustangs. In the Northeast, Mustang sales tend to be seasonal and these delays are costing us business. The other problem is getting the cars delivered from the ramps. We're now looking into sending our own carrier to the ramps to pick up our sold units.

• 3 weeks later...

My nieces Mustang was built June 24th and it is still sitting at ramp 51 in Flat rock. her dealer is about 100 miles from Flat Rock.If Ford wants to continue to gain market share someone better figure out how to get these cars in the peoples hands faster. Its ridiculous..

My nieces Mustang was built June 24th and it is still sitting at ramp 51 in Flat rock. her dealer is about 100 miles from Flat Rock.If Ford wants to continue to gain market share someone better figure out how to get these cars in the peoples hands faster. Its ridiculous..

Our Dealership finally received its first 2011 Mustangs...

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - Produced May 13, 2010 - Delivered to Dealership on Saturday, July 17, 2010

2011 Mustang GT Premium Convertible (California Special) - Produced May 20, 2010 - Delivered to Dealership on Saturday, July 17, 2010

2011 Mustang GT Premium Convertible - Produced April 7, 2010 - Arrived at Intermediate Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp) - Still in Transit!

Our Dealership finally received its first 2011 Mustangs...

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - Produced May 13, 2010 - Delivered to Dealership on Saturday, July 17, 2010

2011 Mustang GT Premium Convertible (California Special) - Produced May 20, 2010 - Delivered to Dealership on Saturday, July 17, 2010

2011 Mustang GT Premium Convertible - Produced April 7, 2010 - Arrived at Intermediate Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp) - Still in Transit!

Thats terrible...her car is a V6 premium.

• 4 weeks later...