Gettelfinger defends lower UAW wages

yeah i seen that :censored:

Bob better get them within 5 dollars of what the veterans make about 23 dollars an hour or there will be hell to pay in the future for us uaw vets

there never going to get retirement 401 k only and we are all going to have to start paying for health care

get real and give these new hires a wage they can live on

one day they will have the power to take everything away from you

Ron set this nightmare up and the rollercoster is running wild

Retirees are blaming us for there cuts in healthcare they don't seem to realize the current workers gave up alot for them to keep what they currently have

Cola Raises bonesses etc

A new hire that makes half of what we do with know benefits might get a little pissed and one day they will have the power to take away and get more for themselfs :reading:

:slap:

• Like 1

yeah i seen that :censored:

Bob better get them within 5 dollars of what the veterans make about 23 dollars an hour or there will be hell to pay in the future for us uaw vets

there never going to get retirement 401 k only and we are all going to have to start paying for health care

get real and give these new hires a wage they can live on

one day they will have the power to take everything away from you

Ron set this nightmare up and the rollercoster is running wild

Retirees are blaming us for there cuts in healthcare they don't seem to realize the current workers gave up alot for them to keep what they currently have

Cola Raises bonesses etc

A new hire that makes half of what we do with know benefits might get a little pissed and one day they will have the power to take away and get more for themselfs :reading:

:slap:

Jesus! You whippersnappers are stupid.

• Like 1

Yeah, screw the new hires. Who cares as long as we get ours. :shades:

If you look into the history of entry level status and wages in the UAW it started with Agricultural Implementation in the late 80s. Caterpillar and John Deere specifically.

The labor rates were an issue because of the fact Asia and Mexico and South American manufacturing in these sectors did not violate any trade laws. An exodus of US manufacturing were moving to lower wage markets.

Since the passage of NAFTA we started experiencing the same hardships of keeping manufacturing in the USA the same events the auto industry is currently experiencing

Looking at the entry level in the late 80s and 90s in Agricultural Implementation, John Deere and Caterpillar the wages were like entry level in UAW-Ford about 70% of master level wages. The population of entry level was at a 35% cap.

As a result of this UAW proactive solution, jobs were saved. T

he flood of jobs going to other countries slowed and manufacturing investments began happening again in the USA.

As a result of collective bargaining in Ag-Imp over the next 20 years the UAW bargained wage and benefit increases for entry level to the 85% to 90% of the master level wages and lowered the population caps down to 15%.

History shows these actions saved jobs and kept US manufacturing in the USA as well as protecting union values.

Nobody likes the entry level but it is proven to protect jobs and grow investment for more jobs. The entry level will be brought up. History proves that.

Thank you UAW for the protection you provide us now and in the future.

If you look into the history of entry level status and wages in the UAW it started with Agricultural Implementation in the late 80s. Caterpillar and John Deere specifically.

The labor rates were an issue because of the fact Asia and Mexico and South American manufacturing in these sectors did not violate any trade laws. An exodus of US manufacturing were moving to lower wage markets.

Since the passage of NAFTA we started experiencing the same hardships of keeping manufacturing in the USA the same events the auto industry is currently experiencing

Looking at the entry level in the late 80s and 90s in Agricultural Implementation, John Deere and Caterpillar the wages were like entry level in UAW-Ford about 70% of master level wages. The population of entry level was at a 35% cap.

As a result of this UAW proactive solution, jobs were saved. T

he flood of jobs going to other countries slowed and manufacturing investments began happening again in the USA.

As a result of collective bargaining in Ag-Imp over the next 20 years the UAW bargained wage and benefit increases for entry level to the 85% to 90% of the master level wages and lowered the population caps down to 15%.

History shows these actions saved jobs and kept US manufacturing in the USA as well as protecting union values.

Nobody likes the entry level but it is proven to protect jobs and grow investment for more jobs. The entry level will be brought up. History proves that.

Thank you UAW for the protection you provide us now and in the future.

Thanks for the history lesson

Nobody likes the entry level wage.

Is it possible the UAW could have done something other than entry level to lower labor rates to keep investment and job security in America?

Thanks for the history lesson

Nobody likes the entry level wage.

Is it possible the UAW could have done something other than entry level to lower labor rates to keep investment and job security in America?

How big of a paycut would we all of had to take for everyone to keep their jobs? Is there even an answer to that question?

The root of the problem is our trade laws. Free trade is only fair trade for Wall Street and executive managers not us Main Streeters.

To bring wealth building manufacturing jobs back we are going to have to swallow two tier wages especially in parts plant manufacturing. The only way I will accept it is if there is a provision for second tier wage earners to move to a full wage assembly plant through attrition. It might mean some people will have to move but at least they will get up to the full wage sooner and in order of company seniority. If we do not have this provision it means many of us will be working along side second class Ford workers.

Without a provision for advancement to full wage we will not be a One Goal One Plan One Team company.

How big of a paycut would we all of had to take for everyone to keep their jobs? Is there even an answer to that question?

The root of the problem is our trade laws. Free trade is only fair trade for Wall Street and executive managers not us Main Streeters.

To bring wealth building manufacturing jobs back we are going to have to swallow two tier wages especially in parts plant manufacturing. The only way I will accept it is if there is a provision for second tier wage earners to move to a full wage assembly plant through attrition. It might mean some people will have to move but at least they will get up to the full wage sooner and in order of company seniority. If we do not have this provision it means many of us will be working along side second class Ford workers.

Without a provision for advancement to full wage we will not be a One Goal One Plan One Team company.

I do believe that this is the current language. As attrition occurs and hiring continues they hit 20% the highest seniority entry level will become full wage, making the same per hour as us.

If you have a different idea lets hear it. We can turn it in as a resolution.

Like I said no one likes entry level but if there is a different way handle entry level or a better idea to keep job security and investment in the USA I think we should be discussing it.

I do believe that this is the current language. As attrition occurs and hiring continues they hit 20% the highest seniority entry level will become full wage, making the same per hour as us.

20% does not count Ford wide in Rawsonville and Sterling Axle, now maybe I am wrong but isn't that where new work was just awarded

If you have a different idea lets hear it. We can turn it in as a resolution.

I could have felt better had we lengthened the time new workers must put in before they get traditional pay/benefits. As it is now even entry level workers who jump into the traditional wage base still will be earning less because they will not receive the same benefits(health care pensions).

Grim nice history lesson there but this is not the 80's or 90's, the framework has been set to reduce even traditional wages and benefits in the years/decades to come.

The new UAW contract will reduce Delphi's top wage to between $14 and $18.50 per hour. In addition, health-care benefits are being scaled back and the traditional cost-of-living clause was eliminated. Pensions of older workers will be protected. But new employees will have a 401K rather than a defined-benefit pension once standard in the automobile industry.

From 2007 Delphi contract that set the framework for the direction of US workforces future.

Like I said no one likes entry level but if there is a different way handle entry level or a better idea to keep job security and investment in the USA I think we should be discussing it.

UAW had better get their ass in gear on working on trade reform that is actually fair and not free, as well they better align themselves with the companies (since they also now have a vested interest) to greatly reduce the corporate tax rate which in itself is the driving force for companies to leave the US.

Unless they address these two issues expect all workers to be inline with entry level workers in order to compete globally.

20% does not count Ford wide in Rawsonville and Sterling Axle, now maybe I am wrong but isn't that where new work was just awarded

The Sterling Heights plant mentioned in this article is the Van Dyke Transmission plant, not Sterling axle.

Sterling is "supposed" to get new work, but no official declaration. I believe it will be a proverbial carrot come contract time.

It is not high wages that is driving manufacturing away. It is Big Government. The push for lower wages is part of a strategy to get the people under control, and merge Big Business with Big Government, and create a Fascist Totalitarian State. The union, being of a similar ideology, is naturally all for it.

The Sterling Heights plant mentioned in this article is the Van Dyke Transmission plant, not Sterling axle.

Sterling is "supposed" to get new work, but no official declaration. I believe it will be a proverbial carrot come contract time.

Good catch bandit, a small technicality but true enough.

The main point most fail to realize is that proclaiming you like it or not ,the entry level has already started the divide among the membership. I do not care one bit if we have any yet or not, the fact that the language is there for when the need arises is disheartening at the least.