How do you like your 2011 GT?

2011GT

• 2 weeks later...

GOT MINE LAST SATURDAY, PLENTY OF POWER,EXTREMELY QUIET WITH TOP UP,GREAT SOUNDING EXHAUST, DISAPPOINTED NO HOMELINK,SYNC TAKES A BIT GETTING USE TO. DOOR SPEAKERS STICK OUT TOO FAR,AUTO TRANS HAS NO MANUAL SHIFT MODE.

CANDY RED /WITH BLACK INTERIOR AND TOP GT PREMIUM CALIFORNIA PACKAGE,LOADED WITH ALL OPTIONS EXCEPT BREMBRO BRAKE PACKAGE AND REAR CAMERA

Could you please elaborate on the "no manual shift mode"? I was under the impression that paddle shift was included on the 2011. I am waiting to drive a 6 cyl AT because my dealer has NO at cars in the pipeline. Could you describe shift quality as to firmness? Thanks

Could you please elaborate on the "no manual shift mode"? I was under the impression that paddle shift was included on the 2011. I am waiting to drive a 6 cyl AT because my dealer has NO at cars in the pipeline. Could you describe shift quality as to firmness? Thanks

No mention of that feature in the 2011 order guide.

Bought mine from dealer 1 Jul and picked it up 2 Jul. From my 06 Mustang GT I traded in, it's night and day! I am having issues with the driver front SRS light (keeps coming on when I leave work in the afternoons, though not in the morning or lunch time - odd), and last weekend, which was the first chance I got to do a good cleaning, I found some significant paint anomolies (scratches under the clear coat). Well...and my SYNC keeps losing my USB connection for no reason. So, three issues, two of which I should be able to sort out. I didn't make it to the dealer within seven days about the paint (since it was 9 days before I could clean the car - lots of rain), so I'll probably just live with it---plus it's on the hood, only noticable if you know where to look, and I'll likely replace the hood with something a bit more "looker" down the road. In a way, it gets me over the "my car got dinged" depression early!

Lots of power, none of the odd noises being reported on various forums, and the GT/CS interior is a blessing after having white leather for almost 5 years. A little warmer, yes, but being all black, I am positive it will always look cleaner.

just about 500 miles on it (54 when purchased), and loving it!!!

Edited by 11CaliSpecGT

• 2 weeks later...

I picked mine up on the 27th. It is a Red Candy Metallic GT/California Special, with the 6 speed. My last Mustang was an '07 GT/California Special, with the 5 speed. First, let me say thank you to the folks who built this car. It is perfect, not a flaw in the paint, fit or even the finish of the interior. It is rock solid, no squeeks or rattles. With that said, driving the '11 vice the '07 is night and day. The manual transmission shifts like it is in butter, no chipping, no hesitation or missed shifts because it is cold. The ride is also exceptional. Very quiet, which even my wife noticed. The handling is also another story. I drove the '07 on back roads and interstates from Dallas to South Dakota with side trips to Colorado. Let's say it was not a road racer or a car that seemed at home on twisty mountain roads. Not so the '11. The handling is spot on, and she handles the curves and twisty bits just as well as the interstates.

All in all I am extremely happy with the car and plan to keep it. This is my 5th Mustang and most likely, at my age (65), my last. It can't get any better, unless you could see the looks on the faces of the old farts in their Buick's and Camry's when we pull up next to them....priceless!

"Inside every old person is a young person asking, what the hell happened."

Edited by SDCALSPCL

• 4 weeks later...