Yes my vacation was ruined!!

So ok, was your vacation ruined when you got that dreaded call from your supervisor to go back to the DTP on Monday the 19th?? yes mine was. I loved how they waited till everyone went on vacation (for the people that were off 2nd week of July) to tell everyone they were going back!. I guess it was done over the phone to keep the turmoil down. lol

So if you were one of the ones that are going back on Monday lets here your views on it..

I have 95 seniority so I don't see how I was that far up on the list to go back, unless the Saline Union made a handshake deal with the company to just go ahead and send us all back no matter what. I don't know but it sounds fishy to me when DTP doesn't even need anyone from what I was told..

Where are we going???

I still didn't get a phone call telling me what time to report or where to report...

Does one hand know what the other is doing at Saline?

I myself think this is BS how these teenager temp workers can come in and force our ass*es out like they did.. Where did all our jobs go?? why is this happening..

Yes you can say we agreed to take a temp position, but I think after 2 years something would have changed and someone at the top would have done the right thing. These orange temp workers have our jobs and I'd like to know if SRP or Saline become a blue oval again will we have recall rights to go back to these plants??

Does anyone have information about DTP and where we are going to work being they don't need anyone?? I heard Trim or possibly paint..

I'll look at it like this.. Whoever doesn't want to do their current job at DTP I'm sure that's where I'll end up.. lol

Edited by 995

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............

So ok, was your vacation ruined when you got that dreaded call from your supervisor to go back to the DTP on Monday the 19th?? yes mine was. I loved how they waited till everyone went on vacation (for the people that were off 2nd week of July) to tell everyone they were going back!. I guess it was done over the phone to keep the turmoil down. lol

So if you were one of the ones that are going back on Monday lets here your views on it..

I have 95 seniority so I don't see how I was that far up on the list to go back, unless the Saline Union made a handshake deal with the company to just go ahead and send us all back no matter what. I don't know but it sounds fishy to me when DTP doesn't even need anyone from what I was told..

Where are we going???

I still didn't get a phone call telling me what time to report or where to report...

I myself think this is BS how these teenager temp workers can come in and force our ass*es out like they did.. Where did all our jobs go?? why is this happening..

Yes you can say we agreed to take a temp position, but I think after 2 years something would have changed and someone at the top would have done the right thing. These orange temp workers have our jobs and I'd like to know if SRP or Saline become a blue oval again will we have recall rights to go back to these plants??

Does anyone have information about DTP and where we are going to work being they don't need anyone?? I heard Trim or possibly paint..

I'll look at it like this.. Whoever doesn't want to do their current job at DTP I'm sure that's where I'll end up.. lol

Where are we going???

Wrong..we do need people at DTP seeing as we are going to go to tag relief and have been short of people for two mos. now...Why did you sign up to leave saline originally?..with your seniority you might end up in paint..sucks to be you....they just sped the line up and cut people out LOL...welcome aboard the gravy train(saline) is over

I just got sent back to DTP and if you contact labor at Saline they will have your shift and work assignment on a paper

You mean they answer calls now?? lol

What's their phone number can you post it please..

• Like 1

I will be returning on the 19th as well and if you call LR at Saline they will give you your reporting instructions. There is NO orientation, straight to the grind from what previous group told me. I also hear that MOST of us will be assigned C crew and held there till the next shift bump in FEB. Take care and dont let it ruin your vacation...it is what it is. See ya monday! :doh:

• Like 1

995 i sent u a PM with LR's phone #

Got it thanks..

LR at DTP's number is: 313-845-0505 (Marry Ann) handles the transfers.

Make sure you call them to find out where your reporting too. If B-crew, your report time is 5pm Tuesday.

Edited by 995
  • Like 1

just got a call from LR,....glass house has ordered that we all attend orientation. scheduled for 6am monday morning. i think they are gonna canvas for shift preferences. dunno how thats gonna work if ppl want C crew. cant see showing up monday am for orientation then working monday nite. things change daily stay tuned!!!

• Like 1

It's a harsh reality, That we all knew, When we left Saline, It was permanent. Reguardless of the fact we were mis informed on the truth reguading the fall out of the sale to JCI.

I've been told there is a grievance in the system pretainting to that.

Saline ACH workers that signed to "flow back to Ford" are the one's that started it. Because of "mis-information" they were told by their Union.

Does anyone know anything else about it???

Like how do you sign to be a part of this grievance???

It's a harsh reality, That we all knew, When we left Saline, It was permanent. Reguardless of the fact we were mis informed on the truth reguading the fall out of the sale to JCI.

hard to make a choice when they told us that the plant was going to be sold or closed by the end of 2008 "this is going to be the last opportunity to transfer to a ford plant and stay a ford employee." Happy that it is still running strong. I remember the buy out, education and buy down meetings. They talked about "POSSIBLY" giving you a lump sum payment and taking a pay cut to stay and work for JCI. They said they were working on an offer for the buy down but nothing was agreed upon. when it came time to sign up for transfers the "Buy down" wasn't an option. Hopefully the company and the union can agree on a fair resolution.

hard to make a choice when they told us that the plant was going to be sold or closed by the end of 2008 "this is going to be the last opportunity to transfer to a ford plant and stay a ford employee." Happy that it is still running strong. I remember the buy out, education and buy down meetings. They talked about "POSSIBLY" giving you a lump sum payment and taking a pay cut to stay and work for JCI. They said they were working on an offer for the buy down but nothing was agreed upon. when it came time to sign up for transfers the "Buy down" wasn't an option. Hopefully the company and the union can agree on a fair resolution.

Ther are a lot of people out here on ILO and TLO who feel real bad for you.

• Like 1

just got a call from LR,....glass house has ordered that we all attend orientation. scheduled for 6am monday morning. i think they are gonna canvas for shift preferences. dunno how thats gonna work if ppl want C crew. cant see showing up monday am for orientation then working monday nite. things change daily stay tuned!!!

be ready to work.. we were on the floor for a few hours on the first day of orientation...

So glad I got out of there.

• Like 1

It could be worse...you could be working for Ford in Mexico assembling Fusions for $4.00 an hour with no union benefits...!

There are a lot of people on ILO and TLO that feel bad for them. Nevertheless, let's get these folks back to work somewhere here in the USA!!! What's the stinking holdup>? :banghead::banghead:

• Like 1

Ther are a lot of people out here on ILO and TLO who feel real bad for you.

they chased out blue workers from ach and backfilled them with orange. I took a possition away from a ILO ford employee that could have been working at dtp instead of me. I already had a job at Saline. They took the oppritunity for somebody else to slide into dtp. A lot of Saline workers that transfered to Wayne, Flat Rock or the Rouge complex live west of Saline. I hope I wrote it so you can understand this. I'm not the best at writing.

they chased out blue workers from ach and backfilled them with orange. I took a possition away from a ILO ford employee that could have been working at dtp instead of me. I already had a job at Saline. They took the oppritunity for somebody else to slide into dtp. A lot of Saline workers that transfered to Wayne, Flat Rock or the Rouge complex live west of Saline. I hope I wrote it so you can understand this. I'm not the best at writing.

Well said,We didn't want to leave Saline, WE were coaxed into with false info &pressure from the union, that this was our best option.

Well said,We didn't want to leave Saline, WE were coaxed into with false info &pressure from the union, that this was our best option.

Were you coaxed and pressured from the union?

Did they walk you down to labor relations and sign the form for you?

Did they have a crystal ball and with held information they seen in the crystal ball?

What was the false information?

Was the best option returning to Ford?

3 months from now Saline could be closed and work moved to Mexico. What would you do if you stayed at Saline, they close, and you are not safely at a Ford location. Would you curse the union then?

Things change fast and alot of people have had to make the same decisions as Saline. You are no different and the saga continues. How do you know what the best option was while salines future does not look stable.

Were you coaxed and pressured from the union?

Did they walk you down to labor relations and sign the form for you?

Did they have a crystal ball and with held information they seen in the crystal ball?

What was the false information?

Was the best option returning to Ford?

3 months from now Saline could be closed and work moved to Mexico. What would you do if you stayed at Saline, they close, and you are not safely at a Ford location. Would you curse the union then?

Things change fast and alot of people have had to make the same decisions as Saline. You are no different and the saga continues. How do you know what the best option was while salines future does not look stable.

some transplants always whine about keeping one of the best paying jobs in the country

its a given i say stfu and go to work :happy feet:

I feel kind of sorry for you guy who have that drive to work from bfe..but its done now you might as well accept your fate..When the economy improves they will eventually resume the sale of the plant(I think that is still pretty obvious)...I was under the impression that NO ONE is still on ilo unless they are extreme medical cases or outside this region..obviously the company knows what the goal is with the saline plant and it is reflected in its personnel moves as far as temps etc...fgood luck adjusting to you guys..it could be way worse

I feel kind of sorry for you guy who have that drive to work from bfe..but its done now you might as well accept your fate..When the economy improves they will eventually resume the sale of the plant(I think that is still pretty obvious)...I was under the impression that NO ONE is still on ilo unless they are extreme medical cases or outside this region..obviously the company knows what the goal is with the saline plant and it is reflected in its personnel moves as far as temps etc...fgood luck adjusting to you guys..it could be way worse

Ive been gone for over 2 yrs. I've accepted my leaving & am greatful 2 have a spot to be at, But still unhappy with how it all played out. For many of the posters, they may have been through this , For most former Saline people , This was a first. everyones situation & dealing with it is differant as are our opionions. I would gather that anyone on ILO still, must have turned down options to go to Chicago. They still need people.