3 New Powertrains for 2011 F-150

You're right. They used to make the 5.4 there. Didn't remember that.

That's fine, any whispers as to what's happening at Romeo as regards Mod production?

I imagine that some will be needed for remaining Panthers as well as E-Series Vans and such...

I imagine that since all three new engines will be all alluminum, the F150 curb weight will drop by a few hundred pounds.

It will drop more than that. Many weight reduction programs are being instituted for the 2011 model year.

Heck, some will be on-line even before that. First one that notices the changes wins a cookie. Some will be on-line in a week. :)

It breathes just fine at high RPM, the strongest high rpm N/A Modulars have all been 5.4s. There are 9500 rpm 600++ rwhp n/a 5.4s out there.

The Cobra R was making 380 REAR wheel HP 9 years ago (as much as the Coyote), with 9.6:1 compression and no TiVCT. TiVCT isn't required for your targets.

The F150's 3V 5.4L seems like it runs out of breath though. TiVCT would allow it to have a very broad torque curve and high RPM power.

White: What is your take on the 5.0 in the f-150 I don't tow heavy loads hope this will be my next truck, I have an early build 04 5.4 have had a few issues am wanting to change????

I think he 5.0L/6R80 power-train will be a fantastic in the F150. The 5.0L should have low-end on par with or slightly better than the 5.4 3V but much, much more mid-range and high rpm power.

I think he 5.0L/6R80 power-train will be a fantastic in the F150. The 5.0L should have low-end on par with or slightly better than the 5.4 3V but much, much more mid-range and high rpm power.

Hopefully it gets better FE than the 5.4L as well. The 5.4L is class competitive for FE, but Ford should never be satisfied with just being competitive.

Hopefully it gets better FE than the 5.4L as well. The 5.4L is class competitive for FE, but Ford should never be satisfied with just being competitive.

Ford also wants to do three things with F150:

1) provide even better fuel economy than its competitors.

2) provide engines that can tow up to a defined load limit.

3 distinguishing that towing limit compared to Super Duty

Offering bigger and bigger engines in the F150 is self defeating for Ford, especially when they

have the Super Duty range there purpose built for heavier loads and towing....

Thanx White think that will be my next truck hope the engine bay is as clean as the mustang with the 5.0, probably the cleanest engine bay of any ford engine in the last 20yrs??