Evolution Performance Mustang 5.0 breaks into 9s with Slicks, NOS and Cold Air!

The car ran Enzo ETs without the spray.

A Mustang can be built to beat an Enzo in the 1/4mi, but it still isn't a great comparison. One car has slicks, suspension, and gearing made specifically for launching in the quarter mile. The other is on tires and suspension designed for cornering. Compare the trap speeds, the Enzo pulls over 130mph at the end of the quarter mile. The Mustang GT needs a whole lot of nitrous to register speeds that high.

The car ran Enzo ETs without the spray.

and my bike can smoke the mustang stock....valid comparison?....nope....different beasts completely...not a fan of bottles to tell the truth, im more impressed with weight reduction and normal tweeks...but that said, its obvious the 5.0 is world class for sure...

A Mustang can be built to beat an Enzo in the 1/4mi, but it still isn't a great comparison. One car has slicks, suspension, and gearing made specifically for launching in the quarter mile. The other is on tires and suspension designed for cornering. Compare the trap speeds, the Enzo pulls over 130mph at the end of the quarter mile. The Mustang GT needs a whole lot of nitrous to register speeds that high.

The Mustang did almost 125 mph without the spray. In a perfect world (which it isn't for the 5.0L thanks to UEGO O2s) it would require a 70 rwhp shot to match the Enzo's trap speed. That's not a whole lot of nitrous.

You and Deanh are completely missing the point here, that fact that a $30,000 Mustang GT with maybe $2,500 in modifications can show up to the drag strip and walk on a $650,000 Ferrari supercar is impressive.

Acting like 0-60 and 1/4 miles time do not matter for a supercar is simply silly.

Try running low 11s (like the Enzo) with a stock H/C/I 3V Mustang, it isn't going to happen. All the slicks, gearing and suspension in the world isn't going to change that fact either.

Edited by White99GT

and my bike can smoke the mustang stock....valid comparison?....nope....different beasts completely...not a fan of bottles to tell the truth, im more impressed with weight reduction and normal tweeks...but that said, its obvious the 5.0 is world class for sure...

What kind of bike?

And to answer your question, they're both Dean. He was cloned a while back.

It's how he can spend 4 hours out of every day posting on this forum while simultaneously selling cars for his boss.

hey now....multiple personalities...

The Mustang did almost 125 mph without the spray. In a perfect world (which it isn't for the 5.0L thanks to UEGO O2s) it would require a 70 rwhp shot to match the Enzo's trap speed. That's not a whole lot of nitrous.

You and Deanh are completely missing the point here, that fact that a $30,000 Mustang GT with maybe $2,500 in modifications can show up to the drag strip and walk on a $650,000 Ferrari supercar is impressive.

Acting like 0-60 and 1/4 miles time do not matter for a supercar is simply silly.

Try running low 11s (like the Enzo) with a stock H/C/I 3V Mustang, it isn't going to happen. All the slicks, gearing and suspension in the world isn't going to change that fact either.

now do the same adds to the Enzo...thats my point....hell, one can pile money into a VW Beetle as well....

Just walked in the door, was at the Miramichi dragstrip this weekend doing the Tech inspector thing for Stock/SuperStock. Speaking of fast cars, one of the guys brought his new toy out. It's a 50th anniversary (2003) vette.

Stock engine with a Stocker cam (factory lift any duration)

4:11 rear gear (lowest you can get)

Beefed up half shafts

3800 converter/tranny work

26"X9" slicks

11.31, 11.31, 11.35, 11.34 (ET's for Saturday)

He's running D/SA which has an index of 11.55

2 tenths under the national index on a street car that he was running the a/c in the staging lanes!!!

Oh yeah....he won stock eliminator at epping a month or so ago....

Other things I noted; (I was working so I never had a chance to talk too much)

There was also a new(er) shelby with a cold air kit, different pulley, and slicks running sportman. He was dialed at 11.70's! A new camaro with a 14.65 on his window, a 6.1 magnum running 15.05.

Biggest thing I noticed is the amount of 9/10/11 second street cars now. S-10 with a 383 sbc running 10 flat, street legal.

Holy crap I'm burnt out....g'night.....Oh, the most important thing! Saturdays race was won by Tom Coughlan running a 86mustang with a 351 crate motor. 10.88's on a 11.20 index. Sundays race he went out first round when he pushed through the lights when he came up on the converter. :banghead: