2011 F-450 SuperDuty Lariat

I ordered a new 2011 F-450 Superduty on December 26 and it finally arrived on May 26. It sure took a long time to make this truck. I have had my new truck for only 6 weeks and put only 5010.2 miles on it. This past Sunday my wife and myself went to go town and we found almost 2.5 gallons of oil in our driveway. when I raised the hood on the truck there was so much oil it was dripping onto my windshield. When I pulled the dipstick out there was no oil on the stick. The truck was towed to the dealership and after 3 days the diesel tech's still can't find where the oil is coming from. Now the engineers at the truck plant has given the dealership permission to open up the motor.

Now lets see I have a truck that I paid over $68,000.00 for has never even had a single oil change with a broken motor. What would you do???????

after 3 days the diesel tech's still can't find where the oil is coming from. Now the engineers at the truck plant has given the dealership permission to open up the motor.

What a bummer! That is one scary service department . . . patience and a large pitcher of dry martinis, and a call to the regional service rep in your area? Hang tough. :)

I ordered a new 2011 F-450 Superduty on December 26 and it finally arrived on May 26. It sure took a long time to make this truck. I have had my new truck for only 6 weeks and put only 5010.2 miles on it. This past Sunday my wife and myself went to go town and we found almost 2.5 gallons of oil in our driveway. when I raised the hood on the truck there was so much oil it was dripping onto my windshield. When I pulled the dipstick out there was no oil on the stick. The truck was towed to the dealership and after 3 days the diesel tech's still can't find where the oil is coming from. Now the engineers at the truck plant has given the dealership permission to open up the motor.

Now lets see I have a truck that I paid over $68,000.00 for has never even had a single oil change with a broken motor. What would you do???????

Post a message on an internet forum complaining about it? Oh wait, no. That's what YOU did. Sorry...to be a bit more respectful, what I am trying to say is this: Clearly something very bad has happened to your engine--it's obviously not an easily detected problem ("oh, look, there's a carbon steel post that you ran over and it pierced the oil pan!") if one hasn't been found after 3 days.

You might be aware of other folks who've encountered truly enraging issues where their vehicle sits at the dealer for months---but you're ready to blow up over 3 days? And after only 3 days, they've already gotten the ok to open up the engine? Sounds pretty damn good, to me, IMO.

What if they open it up and say "Oh shit, this/that/the other thing completely failed. We'll be putting in a new engine as soon as Ford can ship it to us. Here's an F450 to use (or we'll reimburse the rental of one if we don't have one)." Why not save the histrionics until you really get jerked around?

First off, I would be patient. Yeah, it sucks to spend that much money on something and not be able to use it, but, you know, $hit happens! Being patient, kind, and considerate with the dealership and any Ford rep you talk to will go a long way toward getting what you want.

This is a brand new engine for Ford. I expect them to step up, do what is right, figure out the problem, and get you back on the road as quickly as possible. When it is all said and done with, I bet Ford will even give you something to "reward" you for your patience (if you take step one above) and show they appreciate you as a customer.

Now that you have had an opportunity to vent, let us know how it turns out when Ford makes it right. Understanding that you are POed, is the dealer treating you well?

Now that you have had an opportunity to vent, let us know how it turns out when Ford makes it right. Understanding that you are POed, is the dealer treating you well?

Yes the vendor has gone out of it's way to be very nice about the whole matter. In fact they have given me a 2008 F-450 as a loaner until they fix my truck. It not the vendors falt. It's just the fact that a new truck would have engine trouble. I have owned 14 Ford trucks over the last over the last 30 years. I have never owned anything but ford trucks I am a very loyal customer. The truck that traded in on this one was a 2005 F-350 over the 5 years that I had it I spent over $20,000 in out of warranty repairs's on that truck. It not the money it's just the fact that all the talk about this new engine and transmission the corporate rept kept refurring to this as there new baby. All I have to say is that there new baby is sick. I just want my truck back.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the vendor has gone out of it's way to be very nice about the whole matter. In fact they have given me a 2008 F-450 as a loaner until they fix my truck. It not the vendors falt. It's just the fact that a new truck would have engine trouble. I have owned 14 Ford trucks over the last over the last 30 years. I have never owned anything but ford trucks I am a very loyal customer. The truck that traded in on this one was a 2005 F-350 over the 5 years that I had it I spent over $20,000 in out of warranty repairs's on that truck. It not the money it's just the fact that all the talk about this new engine and transmission the corporate rept kept refurring to this as there new baby. All I have to say is that there new baby is sick. I just want my truck back.

I hear you about wanting your truck back, but this isn't as bad as the guy who F-450 blew up and it's been nearly 90 days and still hasn't gotten it back. So be patient and you will get it back.

I got my truck back last Tuesday. So far the truck is working great. Two engineers from Detorit came down last Monday to Bartow Ford and repaired the problem. What they told me it was a box above the driver side valve cover that had cracked and would only leak under a load. Corporate called me yesterday and said that they were sorry that I had this problem and extended my warranty from 3 years to 5 years with no deductable and they also gave me a free maintance plan for free oil &def fluid along free tire rotation hoses, belts, and batteries for 5 years. It seems like a far deal.

I got my truck back last Tuesday. So far the truck is working great. Two engineers from Detorit came down last Monday to Bartow Ford and repaired the problem. What they told me it was a box above the driver side valve cover that had cracked and would only leak under a load. Corporate called me yesterday and said that they were sorry that I had this problem and extended my warranty from 3 years to 5 years with no deductable and they also gave me a free maintance plan for free oil &def fluid along free tire rotation hoses, belts, and batteries for 5 years. It seems like a far deal.

Sounds great!

PS: See my post #4 above...I called it! :)

Glad to hear that everything worked out. We have been working our butts off building these trucks.

And from your posts, waloud, very committed to the product you are putting out! I'm here to tell you, we are IMPRESSED with ours so far!

Estimated load @ 22000 - it barely sighed!

Thank you for a quality product, that by the posts above, Ford is backing all the way! Glad to hear your truck got fixed so fast!

post-39951-031300100 1282618388_thumb.jpg