grievance for performance bonus

pick6

remember when the iuaw came around just before the concon and had all of us sign the grievance ? seems like now , that the grand parade is over we are forgotten . Sept is almost upon us, and no status from anyone as to where its at .!! I KNOW, appointments have been filled,elections won,the media show is over with ,and other than a consolation prize of restored ETAP , where are we now,,? same place we were 3 months ago FORGOTTEN

• Like 1

remember when the iuaw came around just before the concon and had all of us sign the grievance ? seems like now , that the grand parade is over we are forgotten . Sept is almost upon us, and no status from anyone as to where its at .!! I KNOW, appointments have been filled,elections won,the media show is over with ,and other than a consolation prize of restored ETAP , where are we now,,? same place we were 3 months ago FORGOTTEN

Did you ask your committeeman about the grievance?

Did you ask your Unit Committee about the grievance?

Did you ask your Chairmanabout the grievance?

These are the easy steps I take every time I have a question or concern involving me or my friends.

If you would have asked your Chairman (like I do) about the equity grievance he would have told you that the grievance is open and has a good possibility of going to arbitration and a Arbitrator may decide if there was a violation of the equity of sacrifice letter.

I really dont know how the appointments, elections, media shows and consolation prizes have anything to do with you not talking to your Chairman or President and educating yourself.

• Like 4

These are the easy steps I take every time I have a question or concern involving me or my friends.

If you would have asked your Chairman (like I do) about the equity grievance he would have told you that the grievance is open and has a good possibility of going to arbitration and a Arbitrator may decide if there was a violation of the equity of sacrifice letter.

I really dont know how the appointments, elections, media shows and consolation prizes have anything to do with you not talking to your Chairman or President and educating yourself.

huh

you funny :hysterical:

• Like 1

Hey dumb dumb, do you honestly believe it's at the arbitration level? I think not, this grievance was pushed under the rug months ago and the company doesn't want to honor it and this is why you haven't heard anything. These arbitrators are corrupt anyway that grievance (if it still exists) is sitting under someone's desk or chair leg, the union is holding on to it as a bargaining chip, they don't care about the worker getting their dues, the union only cares about itself getting their dues.

I have asked many times where the hell this grievance is and no rep could ever give me a straight up answer.

Here is where your union money is going (right down the toilet)

n47472331748_7790.jpg

Edited by 995
  • Like 1

Hey dumb dumb, do you honestly believe it's at the arbitration level? I think not, this grievance was pushed under the rug months ago and the company doesn't want to honor it and this is why you haven't heard anything. These arbitrators are corrupt anyway that grievance (if it still exists) is sitting under someone's desk or chair leg, the union is holding on to it as a bargaining chip, they don't care about the worker getting their dues, the union only cares about itself getting their dues.

I have asked many times where the hell this grievance is and no rep could ever give me a straight up answer.

Yeah I get it. You are smarter than everyone else.

You can come to conclusions without asking the right questions or you get the answers you don’t want to hear.

You are no brother.

Let me guess, you don’t go to Union meetings, you are a drama Queen when you are actually working, you slam the Union which is actually all of us for what you perceive as corruption or slight of hand because you don’t like the truth.

Back to the grievance. I contact my Chairman every couple of weeks and I get an update on the grievance. It’s that simple. I educate myself. Something that my help you deal with your rants. The grievance is still open and alive. Now you know.

• Like 5

You can come to conclusions without asking the right questions or you get the answers you don't want to hear.

You are no brother.

Let me guess, you don't go to Union meetings, you are a drama Queen when you are actually working, you slam the Union which is actually all of us for what you perceive as corruption or slight of hand because you don't like the truth.

Back to the grievance. I contact my Chairman every couple of weeks and I get an update on the grievance. It's that simple. I educate myself. Something that my help you deal with your rants. The grievance is still open and alive. Now you know.

whatever mr. educated, i too go to all union meetings and also associate and have had lunch with international reps on staff and can attest this is only a smoking screen to take away the fact that we were sold out on concessions that was shot down 3-1 by the membership against dickwads like you that tried to support it...now the higher ups know that there is no confidence by the members in their leadership abilities after this blunder...give me a break.... suck ass.

Edited by biggtone
  • Like 1

You can come to conclusions without asking the right questions or you get the answers you don’t want to hear.

You are no brother.

Let me guess, you don’t go to Union meetings, you are a drama Queen when you are actually working, you slam the Union which is actually all of us for what you perceive as corruption or slight of hand because you don’t like the truth.

Back to the grievance. I contact my Chairman every couple of weeks and I get an update on the grievance. It’s that simple. I educate myself. Something that my help you deal with your rants. The grievance is still open and alive. Now you know.

I don't claim to be smarter then anyone, and yes I am a union brother, and no I do not attend union meetings anymore cause it's a waste of time especially at DTP and for the most part I don't care about the little shi*. The main things I care about (and lets get this straight) are people upholding the current contract and doing their jobs. Their jobs are related to the contract, so if they are not doing their jobs yes get them the F out.

As for liking the truth, when have we ever been told the truth by our IUAW? hell If I can't get straight answers or even see my reps to ask them anything why the hell wouldn't I be pissed?

Come election time you just keep voting in your usual players and see what happens.

Here is what I look for in UAW reps:

Reps that listen to you

Reps that write stuff down when you talk to them

Reps that come back to you with answers

Reps that know grievance procedures and actually follow them

Reps that keep you informed or walk around the line (Not reps that can't get off their golf cart for 1 minute all night)

Reps that (if anything) act like they are interested in your issues

Reps that are not afraid to go up to a foreman or supervisor to enforce the contract

Reps that actually come to work on time and leave when their shift is done

Reps that don't lie

Reps that bring you information within a timely manner (1 hour should be sufficient).

Reps that make sure you get paid and not screwed on overtime

Reps that give you a copy of the agreement when asked

I can go on and on but these are some basic things I look for and they will get my vote every time. I am not against the union or in plant union, I just want to see the contract and rules held fair for everyone.

• Like 3

whatever mr. educated, i too go to all union meetings and also associate and have had lunch with international reps on staff and can attest this is only a smoking screen to take away the fact that we were sold out on concessions that was shot down 3-1 by the membership against dickwads like you that tried to support it...now the higher ups know that there is no confidence by the members in their leadership abilities after this blunder...give me a break.... suck ass.

Well pardon me. I guess Iam not fortunate enough to get inside information and have lunches with International Reps.

Sorry I thought I was smart by educating myself and holding my elected committee responsible for answers.

Is there a way I can go to these "International Rep luncheons" so I can get this inside info.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Well pardon me. I guess Iam not fortunate enough to get inside information and have lunches with International Reps.

Sorry I thought I was smart by educating myself and holding my elected committee responsible for answers.

Is there a way I can go to these "International Rep luncheons" so I can get this inside info.

Thanks in advance.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

I love how some of these people claim to hang out with international's and go to events with the higher ups and then come back and claim they know all this crap about what's going to happen or what's coming down the pike, then it all turns out to be false info!.

Do you honestly think international members are going to hang out with a bunch of lowly rat workers and feed them information? No I don't think so.

If you have a friend down at the Region or up top somewhere, call him up and ask him 5 questions, I bet you get an "I don't know" or "I'll get back to you on that" on all 5. That's bad odds I'd rather spend my money on Black Jack.

Lets just admit that people don't know anything about anything and go on a marry way already.

Edited by 995

995 – You say "upholding the current contract". If you’re over at DTP Body, our contract expired in 07. The only ones that are being held accountable to the language in it, is us workers. There are many provisions in the language that are not adhered to by the Company.

I was told by the Local Union that the reason we don’t have a current contract is the fact that at negotiation time the company wanted to take things away because of economic conditions. Um duh, the Company has the mindset at every negotiation time period.

But I have to ask, if it’s true that we would have lost many provisions within our local contract do to hard economic times at the time of negotiations, how did DTP Assembly negotiate a contract during the same time period?

Please help me with this one, I'm at a loss understanding it.

995 – You say "upholding the current contract". If you’re over at DTP Body, our contract expired in 07. The only ones that are being held accountable to the language in it, is us workers. There are many provisions in the language that are not adhered to by the Company.

I was told by the Local Union that the reason we don’t have a current contract is the fact that at negotiation time the company wanted to take things away because of economic conditions. Um duh, the Company has the mindset at every negotiation time period.

But I have to ask, if it’s true that we would have lost many provisions within our local contract do to hard economic times at the time of negotiations, how did DTP Assembly negotiate a contract during the same time period?

Please help me with this one, I'm at a loss understanding it.

There was no Unit contract negotiated in 2007 because the chairperson at the time was to busy on the national negotiating team and therefore did not have time to negotiate a new contract. It was being worked on until she lost her office the following spring so she really did not give a shit anymore anyway and shortly after left the plant when they made cuts to C-crew and stamping.

The only reason I can give that the new leadership has not worked on a contract is out of shear inexperience, only one of the two bargaining reps is worth shit when it comes to contracts and the Chairman came strait from a discontinued cleaner job to being elected to chairman without any other elected office experience.

Over at Final and Paint they had a unit contract ready for vote 2 weeks after the 2007 national contract, and honestly if you have seen it there will be no questions how they where able to get a turd out so quick after the national contract (which was drawn out till December of 2007).

Final has no shift to shift OT agreement, that's the biggest turd that stands out when looking at Finals agreement.

Needless to say next year we need competent people elected and ones that actually give a shit and are actually willing to fight for basic provisions in the contract that we still have on place from the 2003 piece of shit that has 36 pages worth of building maintenance negotiated in it.

There is no C-crew (alt crew language in Body's contract) , a flawed bump system that will not let people within the same classification bump from body shop to final (body shop employees working in final). Just this last bump we had issues where door fitters with seniority where not allowed to bump other fitters because some where in final and others in body itself. This also affected a Dinger with 21 years seniority who was on the bump list but eventually not allowed to bump a day shift dinger with 10 years seniority because one works in final and the other works in body.

The list could go on, for example for 4 years I have been trying to get the Unit leadership to write grievances because the TWO's system is screwed up. Last year we had fitters with over 500 more charged OT hours that other well out of the 72 hour spread, at least $10,000 in easy to win grievances (there where 5 fitter with around a 500 hour difference ) that's $50,000 easy money but they did nothing.

I tried to get the Local going on this when I was a general council delegate and they did nothing, next step is the Region. Sad truth is it gets frustrating when only a few people push the real issues, for now all i can say is election time people in Body better come out , because the retirees will be there to vote. If we want the same reps in for another 3 years then dont come and vote if you want to lose the dead weight that has allowed the company to wipe there ass with even the 2003 contract (yes we still work under those provisions) then Body workers better come to the polls in full force.

If we dont then those that do not come to vote have no right to bitch about how shity the representation has been the last 3 years and the next 3 years.

• Like 1

That was a lot to read, I feel for ya and honestly I'm trying to get out of Dearborn at this time but your right about the bumping, people should be able to bump anywhere in the complex.

Please check out my blog and vote. The link is below.

Edited by 995

That was a lot to read, I feel for ya and honestly I'm trying to get out of Dearborn at this time but your right about the bumping, people should be able to bump anywhere in the complex.

Please check out my blog and vote. The link is below.

Quit sending me personal messages to check out or click on your links so you can see who I am or give me a virus! Im not dumb Chucky I know why you want me to do that..let it go bro..your the one keeping this going