2011 mustang colors and 2012 change

shadowstang

does anyone know if sterling gray will stay on till next year? An when they are changing the GT to a 2012? im gonna buy a GT, just wanna make sure i dont wait to long and miss out on sterling gray. thanks if someone can help

nobody has information about colours yet. That should be out in the next month or two. Orders for the 2012MY will be taken starting in Nov. Production begins in January 2011.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sterling Gray will not be available on 2012 Mustangs. Lava Red (paint code UZ from the 2010 F-150 Harley-Davidson) joins the color palette. Lava Red is very dark red. All other 2011 colors remain unchanged.

One new interior color for 2012 GT's & V6's: Charcoal / Plum Leather. Only available with the Lava Red paint and only on Premium models.

Some shuffling of options within packages. Reverse Sensing System debuts on the 2012 (part of the security package, option code 43S). HID's now grouped in with security package, option code 43T. All other V6 & GT options appear to remain the same.

.. The Boss!

BOSS

I love the idea of the Boss 302 but the execution looks too over the top. I like the side and even the hood decals along with the blackout between the taillights, but the black roof and wheels is too boy-racer. What's with the driving lights blocked off in the grille? I prefer the look of the Pony Package grille, especially the one from 2006-2009. Lots of strange details. Still, 440 HP is great.

Sterling Gray will not be available on 2012 Mustangs. Lava Red (paint code UZ from the 2010 F-150 Harley-Davidson) joins the color palette. Lava Red is very dark red. All other 2011 colors remain unchanged.

One new interior color for 2012 GT's & V6's: Charcoal / Plum Leather. Only available with the Lava Red paint and only on Premium models.

Some shuffling of options within packages. Reverse Sensing System debuts on the 2012 (part of the security package, option code 43S). HID's now grouped in with security package, option code 43T. All other V6 & GT options appear to remain the same.

How do u know that sterling gray isnt going to be available? no gray at all?

when is the last day to order a 2011?

Edited by shadowstang

but there is no ordering guide yet? so how would u know. An sterling gray is going to be on a lot of other new fords. not sure if this info is right.

Just because the order guide isn't RELEASED yet do not assume that it isn't COMPLETED. The order codes are input into the CONCEPS system a few weeks prior to the order bank opening up. (on Nov 8). Five Oh B can see the available codes because he works for a dealer.

So you can choose to believe him or not, but most likely if you want a Sterling Grey Mustang you will have until Nov 18 to put in your order for a 2011, but good luck getting one waiting that long.

• 2 weeks later...

Stering Grey removed, Lava Red added. Yes they will all be 2012s

WTF? Where is the demand for another shade of Red coming from? I think Sterling Gray is a popular color and if they were going to replace it, they should do so with a similar color like Silverstone not some Dark Red color. Has anyone ever even wondered why Ford isn't offering the Mustang in Lava Red? If they want to make some color changes, start with the interior by replacing Saddle with a medium gray color like Quartz Gray or Granite.

This is just great, first they introduce the Boss 302 and Laguna Seca in clown color schemes and now they're going to mess with the other Mustangs too! Who's in charge of these decisions, Chevrolet?

i ordered a sterling gray last monday... i was going to wait till spring. This sucks. now it will sit all winter in my garage. who cares about lava red. An i agree the boss colors are really bad. no grabber blue? wtf is that.

Does anyone have a 2012 Mustang order guide to post?

I sent Ford an email about their color changes for the 2012 Mustang and here's their reply:

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company on 11/18/2010 03:31:17 AM. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

We are happy to hear you're interested in the 2012 Mustang GT, however, at this point, we have not finalized the available colors. the colors are still subject to change so it is possible that the Sterling Gray you are interested in may still become available.

If you have any further questions about the 2012 Mustang, we would be happy to answer once we have the finalized information.

You can reach the Marketing Program Headquarters by calling 1-800-334-4375, we are open M-F 9am-6pm EST.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Is there hope or are they snowing me? I'd advise all of you that are unhappy about the Sterling Gray to contact Ford and let them know about your displeasure. Maybe we can influence them to change their mind?

It does look a bit overdone, I really like the orange, but didn't care for the Black hockey striping, would love to have the 2011 in that orange!

A Sterling Gray Boss sleeper would be "boss".

I think the Boss package looks "whoreish".

Give me the Boss hardware package without all of the decals and in Sterling Gray.