Too picky?

Noble1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took delivery of my new crew cab dually Lariat 6.2 10 days ago. Love the truck...however, when I got the truck home(50 miles on it) and did my insprection. I found a paint flaw on the roof of the truck. An approx. 2 mm crater( 2mm wide and 1 mm deep). I also had a scratch on the rear wheel(about 6 cm long and deep enough that my finger nail would get "caught" in it when rubbing across it).

The dealership took the truck back and supposedly repainted the roof...looks like to me they tried to wet sand it and tough up with paint. Anyway the flaw is still there. I am concerned about a rust spot devoloping due to ice/snow building up and cracking the seal. Should I be? The wheel issue is still being "discussed".

Opinions...let it go or continue to put up a fuss?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took delivery of my new crew cab dually Lariat 6.2 10 days ago. Love the truck...however, when I got the truck home(50 miles on it) and did my insprection. I found a paint flaw on the roof of the truck. An approx. 2 mm crater( 2mm wide and 1 mm deep). I also had a scratch on the rear wheel(about 6 cm long and deep enough that my finger nail would get "caught" in it when rubbing across it).

The dealership took the truck back and supposedly repainted the roof...looks like to me they tried to wet sand it and tough up with paint. Anyway the flaw is still there. I am concerned about a rust spot devoloping due to ice/snow building up and cracking the seal. Should I be? The wheel issue is still being "discussed".

Hi Noble1. :D Will the paint crack due to ice/snow build-up in the low spot "cracking the seal"? No. Unfortunately though, while it is impossible for us to tell over the Internet, if there is some other underlying flaw in that area (i.e. bad paint prep, incorrect primer, color coat or clear coat application etc.) that could led to later problems.

However, I too am picky and would normally want it corrected just for the appearance value.

On the other hand however, I would not want the roof of my new vehicle repainted, as a paint-job performed in a collision/paint-shop will normally not approach the appearance of a correct factory paint job (of course, yours was not correct in the first place, so...).

So essentially, if the flaw can not be corrected by normal paint finish repair tricks such as sanding/compounding etc., we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. So the bottom line is that it all comes down to what hte Dealer will do to correct the situations and what you will feel comfortable with..

And just as an FYI for others (I do not mean to pile-on you, but this is an important lesson for others): A prospective buyer should always perform their new vehicle "inspection" before the papers are signed and the car is driven home, specifically due to these types of occasions (no matter how many times the Salespeople tell us "Don't worry, just take it home and if you find anything wrong, we will take care of it for you...). If the vehicle is inspected prior to purchasing, we have more choices. We can refuse delivery completely and/or insist it be repaired before purchasing. In that way, if the repairs were not satisfactory, we have the options of not purchasing or we can ask for other concessions such as a better price, Dealer add-ons, service perks etc... But in the case of a paint flaw after purchasing, in most cases options are limited to body shop remedies/painting or living with it, and sometimes neither one may be satisfactory.

Again, please understand that I am not trying to pile-on your current situation, just pointing out to others what is best for them to do.

Please keep us updated and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Well too bad your covering for the company just didn't work BBF.. He got the truck beginning of Sept. Because he said the dealer ALREADY repainted the roof and it still isn't correct.

Take it back and tell them you want it corrected and make sure you get this documented each time, because I believe sir, you will win in a lemon-law case. Make sure you know your state lemon law and follow the warranty dispute resolution procedures given to you with your warranty papers. PS, there are plenty of lawyers that will take on a lemon-law case at NO cost to you.

Easy to find one on the net = google is your friend

Regardless of how BBF is trying to dissuade you. Your not playing with a $5 toy here. They repaint entire vehicles in collisions all the time BBF!

BBF is a company stooge, this is his finest example of trying to persuade you: IE, you have no problem.

Well too bad your covering for the company just didn't work BBF.. He got the truck beginning of Sept. Because he said the dealer ALREADY repainted the roof and it still isn't correct.

Take it back and tell them you want it corrected and make sure you get this documented each time, because I believe sir, you will win in a lemon-law case. Make sure you know your state lemon law and follow the warranty dispute resolution procedures given to you with your warranty papers. PS, there are plenty of lawyers that will take on a lemon-law case at NO cost to you.

Easy to find one on the net = google is your friend

Regardless of how BBF is trying to dissuade you. Your not playing with a $5 toy here. They repaint entire vehicles in collisions all the time BBF!

BBF is a company stooge, this is his finest example of trying to persuade you: IE, you have no problem.

Wow, I am now a "company stooge"? :hysterical: Perhaps you should read your own avatar and take Groucho's advice to "fetch a child of 5" before you start attempting to throw insults around. You simply did not read my reply (or Noble1's) very carefully, or just wish to be argumentative. In no way did I state that "you have no problem" to Noble1. In fact, I stated quite the opposite.. Whatever the reason for your argumentative reply, my advice to Noble1 simply lays out his options. He can try to have it remedied without painting, have it repainted, learn to live with it. Then, if none of those options work, he would begin to think about pressing it further through remediation or litigation if the Dealer can not/will not fix the issue. And if he needs to follow through with other remediation or legal options, the process he needs to follow is clearly outlined in the Warranty Guide that everyone is given when they purchase their new vehicle.

And if you reread Noble1's original post, he clearly states that as opposed to what you think he said, he feels they did not actually repaint the roof. While they said they "supposedly repainted" (Noble1's words), he states that it "...looks like to me they tried to wet sand it and touch up with paint. Anyway the flaw is still there." And yes, he purchased it "the beginning of September" as that would be "10 days ago" as Noble1 clearly stated. That was already made clear, understood and factored into my reply.

And yes, they repaint vehicles all the time after collisions Critic. However, no paint job short of a prohibitively expensive custom paint job (which neither the Dealer or Ford will ever okay) will be as good as a factory paint job (when done correctly). Anyone with the least bit of knowledge about automotive painting would know that.

And of course this is not a "$5 toy". That is why I clearly stated that a car should be inspected by the prospective buyer before they sign the papers." Then the buyer has leverage against the Dealer/Ford. And I made it clear that I was not picking on/piling on Noble1 when I gave that advice. Equating that to being a "company stooge" is worse than ridiculous, but I will not return the insults by sinking to the same level of name calling you did. To put it simply whether you realize it or not I am trying just as hard, if not harder, to help Noble1 as you feel you were.

As far as that and the other ridiculous accusations, I have provided the link to Warranty Guides, the BBB AutoLine process and Lemon Laws many times in the past (as opposed to telling someone to Google it themselves as you did) and will do so again now: LINK: Ford Owner Guides

Noble1, insert your vehicle information in the drop-downs and click "Submit". Then click on "Warranty Guide". IF your Dealer can not fix your issues to your satisfaction the information in that Warranty Guide outlines your next steps. Hopefully this will be more helpful than name calling and being told to Google things yourself.

Keep us updated and good luck, Noble1. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Take it back to the dealer, tell him your not happy with the paint job. Tell him you also don't like the wheels.

BBF, you can pull your head out of your arse too, collision shops don't stay in business if they can't furnish a good paint job. Tell THAT to any Ford shop! I don't know if your a woman, but you sure write like one half the time.

Who cares if your a stooge or not, cause you sure can write like it. Sink to that!

You wrote to EVERYONE like they were children, like it was possibly the first time they have ever bought a car. This is close to a $60+K truck that stands taller than you do, you'd come up to about my waist and you can address me there. This isn't his first truck and he is just worried about making a scene and he has every right to get that truck 100% instead of some trade-off, like you told him to settle for.

I didn't give him the name of a lawyer and exactly HOW to go about a lemon-law in public, but believe me, I have went thru it and see you acting exactly like Ford did to keep from getting there. and Ford lost BIG time. so if that man needs that info I can supply it all in a PM.

Edited by Critic

Take it back to the dealer, tell him your not happy with the paint job. Tell him you also don't like the wheels.

BBF, you can pull your head out of your arse too, collision shops don't stay in business if they can't furnish a good paint job. Tell THAT to any Ford shop! I don't know if your a woman, but you sure write like one half the time.

Who cares if your a stooge or not, cause you sure can write like it. Sink to that!

You wrote to EVERYONE like they were children, like it was possibly the first time they have ever bought a car. This is close to a $60+K truck that stands taller than you do, you'd come up to about my waist and you can address me there. This isn't his first truck and he is just worried about making a scene and he has every right to get that truck 100% instead of some trade-off, like you told him to settle for.

I didn't give him the name of a lawyer and exactly HOW to go about a lemon-law in public, but believe me, I have went thru it and see you acting exactly like Ford did to keep from getting there. and Ford lost BIG time. so if that man needs that info I can supply it all in a PM.

Again, my first reply to Noble1 recommended some of his options: Repair without painting if possible, painting and/or other alternatives satisfactory to him. Then if he can still not get the issue satisfactorily resolved, he would need to resort to remediation or other legal remedies (BBB AutoLine, Lemon Law etc.). But he is not at that point yet, so here we are. I then left it up to him to decide what is best for his situation. In addition, my reply also informed him that I am picky about my cars, so I do not think he is being overly picky about his and that I would not be happy with such a flaw. However, in my opinion I would not want my new car repainted. So I would see if the car can be repaired satisfactorily without painting, find another alternative or compromise satisfactory to him, or carry the fight forward to remediation. Not hard to understand with minimal reading comprehension skills (for those not looking for a pointless and idiotic Sunday morning argument). Either way in the end, Noble1 will have to decide what is best for him. Not you, not me. But no one has to stand for an Internet miscreants attempted insults, no matter how feeble they turn out to be.

It also recommended to others to inspect their vehicles before purchasing, since it leaves more options open and keeps control in the buyers hands, instead of the Dealers or Fords hands. Simple and reasonable advice for those who are rational.

I won't return the attempted insults by calling you a "woman". What's the matter, you don't like women? Interesting. Interesting you consider calling someone a "woman" an insult. I would never consider being a "woman" an insult. Next time, before you try hurling the word "woman" around as an insult, keep in mind that your Mother was a woman.

Nevertheless, your attempt to use the word as an insult would lead a reasonable person to wonder if you are a full-out misogynist or just a run-of-the-mill woman hater? Or maybe there are some other deeper reasons that you don't like women? I also won't tell you to address my "waist" area as you did (you must be approximately 12 foot 4 if that is the case). Nor will I bring your "head", "arse" or the location of either into the conversation, since I don't really care where they are located (although it is glaringly obvious to anyone who reads your replies here). Not to mention the question of why you would want a man to address your "waist" area in the first place. Bet you don't even realize how that makes you look (but like they say, "not that there is anything wrong with that")? And I do notice that under Gender in your avatar area, you are "not telling". Again, a lot of ambiguity issues in your writings, Internet tough guy. Unfortunately for you, you certainly did not have the intellectual foresight to think this "attack" strategy completely through to its logical conclusion (a completely unnecessary attack by the way, if you were truly interested in helping Noble1 with his/her question).

However, I will continue to try and help people with relevant advice as I have for a long time here.

Your needlessly insulting posts have been reported to the Moderators. You can now tell us all how you don't care and you can continue your misplaced woman-hating rant, Internet tough guy or we can agree to disagree and move on to trying to help others with relevant advice.

EDIT - To the Moderators, if/when you monitor this thread: I apologize for my response to this individual. It is just that some of us are tired of having to deal with this type of insulting garbage when all we are trying to do is help others. So if you feel the need to, please do delete my replies (other than my first one, which was only a reply to Noble1's question), hopefully along with Critics abusive attacks. In fact, to be totally fair and reasonable, if Critic deletes his abusive posts on his own, I will do the same.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Noble1. :D Back to trying to help you with your issue. Let the Dealer know that you are not happy with the work they did, weigh your options and do what is best for you. If the Dealer can not or will not do anymore, call the Ford Customer Care number listed in the Warranty Guide.

Also, although it is far too early to be contemplating these options, if it gets to the point that you feel you need to carry it further into mediation (BBB AutoLine) or legal (Lemon Law buyback), then the processes, necessary addresses etc. are outlined in the Warranty Guide.

Keep us updated and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

Take the truck back to the dealership...

And ignore the Ford employees.:confused:

What's amazing here is that we have two Ford employees attacking each other while a Ford customer is simply seeking answers to correct a problem that he/she is experiencing. :stop:

True, I'm not going to write a novel on how to accept the fault and it's many ways. I've dealt with the company as an employee and a customer and have learned they change only when it costs them.

SO that said here is a good way to go about it. BBF can play the company side all he wants while trying to commiserate with the poor customer.

Research your lemon-law for your state. Could be 3,4,5 repairs.etc... Forget the damn BBB bullshit, as that is NON-Binding, BUT it's a requirement the COMPANY requires you to go thru, YOUR lemon-law lawyer will also inform you of this. IF it has surpassed the number of repairs to 'qualify' as a lemon, well that's ALL SHE WROTE!

Hey you know what all this means BBF? It means you will end up going to trial with your peers, you know ones that have as much like for a dealer as they have for lawyers, and guess what? Most don't like to hear that a guy who just bought a 60K truck can't seem to get it fixed.. AND the company seems to know this, so remember.. don't let the dealer know, you know these things,, but make sure it gets repaired no matter what, but if it has surpassed the number of attempts for the suit.. A lemon-law provides that the company will have to cover your lawyer fee's. You ARE going to get it fixed and a large out of court settlement because of it.

Damn screwed up paint and a guy tells someone that he should inspect it 110% before he ever drives it away and maybe go in and ask for something in return for it, WHAT TOTAL BULL! Then to turn around and talk that he 'might' have mentioned a lemon-law when he never did in the first place, is trying to cover his rear in front of this public. I get the feeling this man, will be listening to me a hell of a lot more than YOU BBF!

The company obligation to you is this. we want paid for the vehicle, we provide warranty coverage exactly as stated, miles/years. After that. well that's why we had a warranty to begin with THAT YOU PAID FOR., now your on your own.

I haven't liked the condescending posts from BBF since he started trolling, and I make it known. . It was a woman IN Ford's Resolution office that cost Ford tens of grand when she told me the same crap BBF just told that man.

I moved on to simply addressing and helping Noble1 in my last reply and did not even address you or your silly attempts at insults, but you obviously just want to be an argumentative pissant.

So four simple facts where you are incorrect, just to start, although you will likely ignore all of them, as is your M.O..

First, do your homework, the BBB AutoLine mediation program is binding on Ford. It is completely non-binding on the customer. So to explain it simply for the learning impaired: Ford is bound by the BBB AutoLine if it goes against them and can not ignore the decision. However, if the customer does not like the decision, the customer is free to follow through with Lemon Law or other legal proceedings. And it keeps the avenue of repair open to the customer if they like. On the other hand, once an automaker (Ford included) finds out Lemon Law proceedings have been initiated, it pretty much cuts off any other avenue of redress other than the Lemon Law proceeding. This information is right in the Warranty Guide booklet, which you told Noble1 to Google himself. Try reading it.

Second, I have not marked any of your replies negative. As I mentioned earlier, I notified the Moderators and told you so, then I moved on to trying to help Noble1 (the OP). But that is not good enough for trolls like you (you seem to forget people can read your past posts). You are the type that wants a worthless Internet argument..

Third, you are making many uneducated and uninformed assumptions as to whether I am a Ford Employee or not. I have never stated that I am a Ford Employee. (EDIT: Learn how to read, as you make another false assumption down below in reply #17 concerning what I did or did not just state here. What I stated above does not equate to "Now you say your NOT an employee..." except possibly to the reading and research impaired). I make no statements either way concerning employment. This is the Internet and people here are strangers, so my employment is my own business. What I am here for is to help others. You on the other hand seem to have some sort of axe to grind, and are insulting for no reason to top it all off. You could have answered the OP's question simply and in an non-insulting manner.

Fourth, I have been a member here for over a year longer than you, so if anyone has had to watch someone since they "started trolling" (guess since I previously called you a troll, you had to play parrot), it would be me and others watching you troll, as I already stated. And oddly enough, before today you and I never had a cross word that I can remember. So perhaps you are a previously banned troll/member with a second account..

And in the end, those are only the start of your errors and erroneous assumptions.

In the end, Noble1 will take all the information provided and make the decision that is best for him. So don't get hurt trying to pat yourself on the back yet.

Edited by bbf2530

Again, to Noble1: Let the Dealer know that you are not happy with the work they did, weigh your options and do what is best for you. If the Dealer can not or will not do anymore, call the Ford Customer Care number listed in the Warranty Guide.

Also, although it is far too early to be contemplating these options, if it gets to the point that you feel you need to carry it further into mediation (BBB AutoLine) or legal (Lemon Law buyback), then the processes, necessary addresses etc. are outlined in the Warranty Guide.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Take it back to the dealer. point out the errors, tell him you want it recitfied..

Don't really even worry about paperwork, because they have it all on a computer anyways, there is a record anytime you go for service.

IF you don't get it fixed right, do your research on lemon-law for your state. You'll find you a lawyer like that and talk to him.

As for BBF, he's already hurting. hahahha I am not going to play tit-for tat with the child.

I moved on to simply addressing and helping thNoble1, but you obviously just want to be an argumentative pissant.

A WHAT?

Yea, I do have another ACTIVE account on here, that doesn't get used, cause I don't want to use it. But I am not too worried and paranoid like you to research anything on someone that doesn't like me. What a damn shame you drug this whole thing out with attacks on me.. Your really something,

Now you say your NOT an employee, keep that in mind while trolling the employee forums then.

Edited by Critic

Hi Noble1. Again, let the Dealer know that you are not happy with the work they did, weigh your options and do what is best for you. If the Dealer can not or will not do anymore, call the Ford Customer Care number listed in the Warranty Guide.

Take it back to the dealer. point out the errors, tell him you want it recitfied..

Don't really even worry about paperwork, because they have it all on a computer anyways, there is a record anytime you go for service.

IF you don't get it fixed right, do your research on lemon-law for your state. You'll find you a lawyer like that and talk to him.

As for BBF, he's already hurting. hahahha I am not going to play tit-for tat with the child.

Do worry about paper work. Make sure you always get a copy. The dealer dealer doesn't always put it in the computer as a friend of mine found out.

• Like 1

Do worry about paper work. Make sure you always get a copy. The dealer dealer doesn't always put it in the computer as a friend of mine found out.

That is true...

However, I found that the dealership was much more helpful than Ford Motor Company with getting me a replacement car.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no news....going to call the dealership tomorrow. They said that they would repaint the roof again. I have yet to get an answer on the scratch on the rear dual. I informed them that I was unhappy; they don't seem to care care that they have an unhappy customer who just paid 50 grand on a truck. We will see what happens tomorrow. Ao far not impressed with this dealership. The dealership that I usually purchase my new vehicle went belly up two years ago when the economic turndown started. I just may have to live with it. Will advise.

Still no news....going to call the dealership tomorrow. They said that they would repaint the roof again. I have yet to get an answer on the scratch on the rear dual. I informed them that I was unhappy; they don't seem to care care that they have an unhappy customer who just paid 50 grand on a truck. We will see what happens tomorrow. Ao far not impressed with this dealership. The dealership that I usually purchase my new vehicle went belly up two years ago when the economic turndown started. I just may have to live with it. Will advise.

They do care. They will be repainting your roof. They already know it wasn't good enough for you the first time and are going to redo it. I'm pretty sure, you get even a mediocre paint/prep guy he will be cautious to do a good job.. Just baby the paint for at least 80 days before you wax it.

And go to the stores owner and tell him about that wheel. Good luck to you.

Got news today; going to repaint the roof again. Going to take the wheel to some type shop the restores/repairs those kind of things. In dealers defense, they do not have a body shop, they sent it "across the street" to whomever does their work for this kind of stuff. At this point they are going to try to remedy the situation. I wish they would have communicated with me in a more timely manner. Gets repaired next week.

I continue to be impressed with this truck.

Got news today; going to repaint the roof again. Going to take the wheel to some type shop the restores/repairs those kind of things. In dealers defense, they do not have a body shop, they sent it "across the street" to whomever does their work for this kind of stuff. At this point they are going to try to remedy the situation. I wish they would have communicated with me in a more timely manner. Gets repaired next week.

I continue to be impressed with this truck.

Hi Noble1. :D Glad you are happy with the truck (except for those two surface/finish issues). Hopefully they will be able to repaint the roof to your satisfaction.