OPENINGS

WalterWeeps

What has happened to our Union?

Rumor is they are allowing the company to not post openings before filling jobs with temps.

All the 'Dearborn' people who are getting to go back home on the voluntary transfer are creating openings and those jobs HAVE to be posted or why do we have a Union?

I understood that the only ones eligibe to sign the voluntary transfer were locations that had excess manpower. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I understood that the only ones eligibe to sign the voluntary transfer were locations that had excess manpower. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

There will be plenty of excess manpower at the Rouge next spring when they cease making the frames for the Vic. I've heard rumors of new machinery and product for the stamping plant, but nothing that will absorb everybody on the frame side of Diversified.

How many work on frame side?

There was nothing posted about voluntary signups to transfer anywhere, where did you see this information at and at what plant?

Diversived is moving their operation sometime soon because the owner of the property wants his property back over there. There are only a few people that work in the frame area of Diversifed. Diversifed only has about 200 people total. Temps are now working in there also btw and they are not supposed to.

Here are the lines that I know of and worked on:

Rear F-150 Axle uses: 9 people + 1 team leader

Coil over shock uses: 7 people

Rotors uses: 8 people + 1 team leader

Tire/wheel uses: 8 people + 1 team leader

A Pillar (don't know how many people) A pillar for ranger hardly runs

Hi lo drivers for Tire/wheel uses: 3-4 people

Hi lo drivers for coil over shock uses 1 person

Hi lo drivers for Rear F-150 Axle uses 2 people

Hi lo drivers for Rotors uses: 1 person

There are about 6 hi-lo drivers for frame that I know of.

This operation runs a,b and c crew. the rest is building maintenance, electricians that don't do anything, union, hr personnel and a few other people. When I started at Diversified there were about 200 people there, that may have changed but I know for a fact that operation is getting moved to either Wayne Assembly or another part of the Rouge.

Edited by dtpbody
  • Like 1

Diversived is moving their operation sometime soon because the owner of the property wants his property back over there.

Ford owns the property, Chuck. Severstal has wanted it in the past, but may not anymore. Rumors are flying about new work going in over there but nothing concrete.

And, there are more people over there than you think. Production people make up a fraction of the workforce. All you mentioned was the Truck side. You ignored the frame operation completely. There are 40 Electricians alone over there, and they work harder than you do. They work harder in a worse plant, and they don't go off to medical crying because they are hot and want a fan.

Every time you open your mouth, you show everybody on this site how ignorant you are.

Edited by Pioneer

Ford owns the property, Chuck. Severstal has wanted it in the past, but may not anymore. Rumors are flying about new work going in over there but nothing concrete.

And, there are more people over there than you think. Production people make up a fraction of the workforce. All you mentioned was the Truck side. You ignored the frame operation completely. There are 40 Electricians alone over there, and they work harder than you do. They work harder in a worse plant, and they don't go off to medical crying because they are hot and want a fan.

Every time you open your mouth, you show everybody on this site how ignorant you are.

I'm not Chuck but I'll answer this comment.

#1 you prob don't work there so how would you know I did.

#2, as of a couple months ago they do want their property back now. A hi-lo friend of mine was bitching too me on the phone about it just last week because they just got notice that they are shutting it down, so don't tell me what you think, cause your the one putting your foot in your mouth.

#3 Electricians don't do any work at Diversified. They don't even come to work unless they are paged and they cover for each other. I know for a fact they don't have 40 electricians on the truck side, maybe 2 or 3 the most.

BTW they got rid of the buses over there also, so I know much more then what you think I know!. As I said before my facts are based on my experiences within the plant I worked at and with the people I know. Your facts are based on forum rumors.

Robots make the frames, there are only a few people that do misc welding also over there. Believe me anyone reading this just know that there are more people toting around in that plant doing nothing then being productive for the company. Cleaners can't even clean the bathrooms.

You got Skilled trades and electricians running their own personal food and cigarette stores over at diversified cause they don't have work to do. What's that tell ya?

Diversified isn't getting any more work, and if they do, it's after they move. All those operations could be moved anywhere. Why would Ford keep that plant and pay for a lease when they can move it all over to stamping or Wayne??? I heard Wayne was the place they were going to put it. I could be wrong about that. But it will be shut down trust me.

They will also be given the opportunity to sign up for the Rouge (DTP) is what I'm hearing also. Someone better get on a phone and find out what's going on, I'm tired of doing it and contributing my information to this forum all the time just to get ragged on by idiots like you!.

I won't post anymore information in this forum, you can all fend for yourself from now on!.

• Like 1

I'm not Chuck but I'll answer this comment.

#1 you prob don't work there so how would you know I did.

#2, as of a couple months ago they do want their property back now. A hi-lo friend of mine was bitching too me on the phone about it just last week because they just got notice that they are shutting it down, so don't tell me what you think, cause your the one putting your foot in your mouth.

#3 Electricians don't do any work at Diversified. They don't even come to work unless they are paged and they cover for each other. I know for a fact they don't have 40 electricians on the truck side, maybe 2 or 3 the most.

BTW they got rid of the buses over there also, so I know much more then what you think I know!. As I said before my facts are based on my experiences within the plant I worked at and with the people I know. Your facts are based on forum rumors.

Robots make the frames, there are only a few people that do misc welding also over there. Believe me anyone reading this just know that there are more people toting around in that plant doing nothing then being productive for the company. Cleaners can't even clean the bathrooms.

You got Skilled trades and electricians running their own personal food and cigarette stores over at diversified cause they don't have work to do. What's that tell ya?

Diversified isn't getting any more work, and if they do, it's after they move. All those operations could be moved anywhere. Why would Ford keep that plant and pay for a lease when they can move it all over to stamping or Wayne??? I heard Wayne was the place they were going to put it. I could be wrong about that. But it will be shut down trust me.

They will also be given the opportunity to sign up for the Rouge (DTP) is what I'm hearing also. Someone better get on a phone and find out what's going on, I'm tired of doing it and contributing my information to this forum all the time just to get ragged on by idiots like you!.

I won't post anymore information in this forum, you can all fend for yourself from now on!.

Cmon now you dont have to get that extreme chuck..from what I know your info is right

• Like 1

Pioneer, it’s obvious you have an issue with “Chuck”. But what ever happened to supporting a fellow brother that has a need for a better working condition? So you’re damn right, I just like many, want a fan at my work station and some ergo mats to replace the hard wood floors mounted on cement. Its 2010 not 1952 for crying out loud and we have a Union.

So I say to you Pioneer, stop crying about members wanting a better work life. You talk about other’s ignorance, yet you chastise them over a fan. Do you honestly think with doing that, its proof of your superior intellect?

Think about it ----- a fan.

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body Shop

Box Unit (outer)

• Like 1

Think about it ----- a fan.

Ask the workers in the Frame plant and Stamping if they would of rather have a controlled climate or a fan. We in Body are spoiled with what we have but that is not good enough for him.

Maybe you and Chuck should transfer over to one of the other buildings. Guys I know in Stamping would kill for the working conditions we have.

Ask the workers in the Frame plant and Stamping if they would of rather have a controlled climate or a fan. We in Body are spoiled with what we have but that is not good enough for him.

Maybe you and Chuck should transfer over to one of the other buildings. Guys I know in Stamping would kill for the working conditions we have.

Again I am not Chuck as you so plainly put it, but I'll answer this question..

Diversified (Frame plant) is not a hot place to work in. The lines that are working over there work right next to a 12 dock door about 60 feet away from the doors, so in the summer time they have all the doors open. They also have a large ICE Chest that they stock every week for everyone to get free ice. I know because I used to sell pop in there at my work station.

Some of the work stations also have fans like on the axle line (f-150), all the work areas have rubber mats to stand on, they don't work on concrete or wood.

As for the stamping plant I've not worked in there so I cant talk about it, maybe it's hot in there I would assume, and if it is and you have no mats to stand on, PIONEER maybe you should get off your ass and organize some people and you all should take a walk down to the safety office and complain. Frame plant may not have climate control but they don't need it in the summer because all their doors are open and it doesn't get that hot in there. I worked in there for 2 summers so I know for a fact about that jack.

The body plant isn't anything to brag about because the jobs are so bad it surpasses any of the climate or ergo conditions they have by far. So what's the use of putting in a fan if the operator is doing a 3 person job anyway????

Fans are not an issue at this point anyway, but mats are. If your working on a hard floor simply take a photo of it get a piece of paper describe the situation, get a couple signatures on it as a witness then visit the good ole' OSHA website and file a complaint about it. Believe me the company doesn't like anyone calling OSHA on their ass! But when you do they want proof of your complaint. So take a photo of the wood floor with no machinery in the photo (Floor only) get a couple witnesses and file an online complaint at the OSHA website. They will contact you within 30 days and go in and investigate the complaint.

People start using the laws to your advantage, if the union doesn't want to do anything for you, take it to the next level!.

Edited by dtpbody
  • Like 1

Again I am not Chuck as you so plainly put it, but I'll answer this question..

Bro it is very easy as a moderator to know when user names get changed, stick to one and I could respect you some.

You do have some valid points but that all gets obscured with the nonsense ramblings you tend to go on.

Just a word of advice, take it for what its worth.

Opening doors with fans is not really that cool with 90+ temperatures with 70% + humidity, Stamping sucked ass ( I can speak from experience) and we had fans.

Ergo mats should not be an issue you are correct there, but again refer to my second sentence on this reply.

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 1

As for the stamping plant I've not worked in there so I cant talk about it, maybe it's hot in there I would assume, and if it is and you have no mats to stand on, PIONEER maybe you should get off your ass and organize some people and you all should take a walk down to the safety office and complain.

I work in Body, Chucky.

Diversified (Frame plant) is not a hot place to work in. The lines that are working over there work right next to a 12 dock door about 60 feet away from the doors, so in the summer time they have all the doors open. They also have a large ICE Chest that they stock every week for everyone to get free ice. I know because I used to sell pop in there at my work station.

Some of the work stations also have fans like on the axle line (f-150), all the work areas have rubber mats to stand on, they don't work on concrete or wood.

Then find a person to trade with you. Then we won't have to listen to you whine.

Edited by Pioneer
  • Like 1

Bro it is very easy as a moderator to know when user names get changed, stick to one and I could respect you some.

You do have some valid points but that all gets obscured with the nonsense ramblings you tend to go on.

Just a word of advice, take it for what its worth.

Opening doors with fans is not really that cool with 90+ temperatures with 70% + humidity, Stamping sucked ass ( I can speak from experience) and we had fans.

Ergo mats should not be an issue you are correct there, but again refer to my second sentence on this reply.

Bingo.

• Like 1

I agree that it’s hot over a stamping. I walked through the stamping shop just the other night and trust me it's hot. The air was filled with weld expulsion, fumes, and dust. I will admit that the “Bigfoot” system works in all those aspects. Why the union didn’t fight to have this very same system installed at stamping is beyond my belief. They could not have had a better case study for need of cleaner air then our stamping shop.

As far as the Body shop goes, the Bigfoot system is great other then air movement. Air flow is needed in any shop, this is a well known fact. Station fans cure this issue fast and simple. In the heat of summer it’s a sweat box of humid, sticky non moving air. You start sweating even before you touch a part. I’m not saying that the Bigfoot system sucks, it certainly does not. All I’m saying is that we need air movement.

As for the ergo mat issue, this issue is just crazy. Over at Assembly, I was told by a friend that every station that requested them got them. I contacted their committee and was reaffirmed that this statement was true. Wonder why the “wood floor vrs rubber study” didn’t come into the mix with the request for ergo mats over there?

Ergo mats and station fans are definitely not the only issues over at body. A union brother told me last night that they have to squat down all the way to the floor and place a tab on each part before removing them from the rack. Try doing this 600 + times every day. How do you think your knees, thighs and feet will feel the next day? All that has to be done is to install a foot operated rack/palette lift and the issue is resolved. It has been an on going issue for nearly 6 years.

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body

Box Unit (outer)

• Like 2

I agree that it’s hot over a stamping. I walked through the stamping shop just the other night and trust me it's hot. The air was filled with weld expulsion, fumes, and dust. I will admit that the “Bigfoot” system works in all those aspects. Why the union didn’t fight to have this very same system installed at stamping is beyond my belief. They could not have had a better case study for need of cleaner air then our stamping shop.

As far as the Body shop goes, the Bigfoot system is great other then air movement. Air flow is needed in any shop, this is a well known fact. Station fans cure this issue fast and simple. In the heat of summer it’s a sweat box of humid, sticky non moving air. You start sweating even before you touch a part. I’m not saying that the Bigfoot system sucks, it certainly does not. All I’m saying is that we need air movement.

As for the ergo mat issue, this issue is just crazy. Over at Assembly, I was told by a friend that every station that requested them got them. I contacted their committee and was reaffirmed that this statement was true. Wonder why the “wood floor vrs rubber study” didn’t come into the mix with the request for ergo mats over there?

Ergo mats and station fans are definitely not the only issues over at body. A union brother told me last night that they have to squat down all the way to the floor and place a tab on each part before removing them from the rack. Try doing this 600 + times every day. How do you think your knees, thighs and feet will feel the next day? All that has to be done is to install a foot operated rack/palette lift and the issue is resolved. It has been an on going issue for nearly 6 years.

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body

Box Unit (outer)

Jeff,

You have credibility here. You state issues in a correct fashion. God bless you and your concern for eveyday working conditions. Talk to Chucky and let him know how to post to get credibility. He is a disgrace to all of us................

Keep up the fight Brother...........

• Like 3

Jeff,

You have credibility here. You state issues in a correct fashion. God bless you and your concern for eveyday working conditions. Talk to Chucky and let him know how to post to get credibility. He is a disgrace to all of us................

Keep up the fight Brother...........

Louie your just an idiot with an axe to grind. You don't like people coming in here speaking the truth because your either a company dick face or a union fuckface. Either way your worthless.

People come into these forums to speak their minds and grievances in hopes that the word gets out and improvements can be made. If there wasn't so much low moral and negativity between union, company and membership then people like myself wouldn't bother wasting my valuable time in here because there wouldn't be any problems. 15 years ago you wouldn't find me in here complaining about anything. But our trusty UAW screwed everything up for us in the past 10 years it's hard not to come in here and talk the truth. So live with it or get the funk out!

Instead of supporting me you want to force away any issues by telling people that I have no credibility in my posts. Sorry bud, but credibility is something you earn through first hand knowledge through knowing an individual personally and not through a few words posted on a screen. So if you don't know me personally then shove a pole up your fat padded (non working) ass and drive around on your electric cart a few more hundred times a night. :hysterical: Maybe if your good this year Santa will bring you a segway so you don't have to walk at all in the plant.

Louie I think your a very jealous person and you have no intellect at all to prove yourself in the forums. I myself have intellect and have proven myself in here to the point where people in their right mind know the truth I speak of. If you don't like it then don't read it and move right along.