Hey,

3 Quick questions: Does anyone know what the last day of production will be? Also are there any more Grand Marquis still being produced? What about Town Cars and Taxi/Police Crown Victoria?

Thank You

Last day is scheduled for Aug 31 2011.Grand Marquis are still being produced,they were suppose to end in Sept but heard talk of Dec now.Town cars and Ploice Taxi are still running pretty strong right now.

Hey,

3 Quick questions: Does anyone know what the last day of production will be? Also are there any more Grand Marquis still being produced? What about Town Cars and Taxi/Police Crown Victoria?

Thank You

1) The plant will be idled/closed Wednesday August 31st., 2011.............the last day of production is still undetermined. Our best guess is for the last units to be built during the month of June 2011, just before the plant's summer shutdown vacation period. The months of July and August 2011 could see more last minute order fills, this will be dictated by demand. Otherwise plant clean-up, partial teardown and canibalization for parts and equipment for other Ford facilities will begin in the summer of 2011.

2) The Grand Marquis RETAIL production orders will be stopped at the end of September 2010. Grand Marquis FLEET production orders will continue until the end of December. ALL Mercury products will no longer be in production anywhere in the Ford system by January 2011.

3) Crown Victoria Police, Taxi, and Lincoln Town Cars in all their variations and different style formats will continue to be produced, driven by demand, through to the summer of 2011.

End.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh that is good, I would like to get a Town Car next summer and make my 2010 Grand Marquis the daily driver. The current Merc will then go to the scrap yard at about 300K. Then I will be good to go for 10 years or until someone builds a car I like once again. Maybe. Hopefully. 26 years with Mercury. Like the ad said "The substance shows". Never had a bad one.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Ford might run Panther production thru December of 2011 kind of like GM did with the Caprice thru December of 1996, guess not.

We were always required to have our order in prior to the end of Maech is we wanted a special option on our CV purchases. I doubt they will extend anything as the new PI will be debuting soon to the market.