Ford Falcon On Top At Bathurst, Mark Winterbottom Takes Poll

Personally, I hope Winterbottom can win it - after continual FPR failure over the years, he has stuck with them and really deserves to be rewarded for this loyalty - the one aspect I respect the most. Also, those points (coupled with a Whingecup DNF :P ) can help push him to 2nd in the c'ship. Courtney? Second thanks, I have this sick feeling those rumours are true :(. If it rains, though, the race should hopefully be dominated by Gizzy - boy, I hope it pours! :P

Either way - GO FORD!!!! Shall be up early tomoz to get my race fix for the next few weeks! :D

Well... Not the most desirable outcome I must say, but we have, at least, learned that FPR can finally build a strong, reliable car that can at least keep up with the front runners - even after having a... erm... mishap:

(Frosty and Youlden did bring it back from last after the minor repairs to 9th!)

Anyway, here are the (sad) results...

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?10/10/2010.MOUN.R11

Championship standings as of today...

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?10/10/2010.MOUN.V8S.S

Edited by Aussie_Ford

Thnaks guys for the updates and Kangaroo accident (almost) report! ;) Curse team Vodafone . . . still traitors to me!

Aussie and jpd80 . . . refresh my memory . . . when is the "new" V8 Supercar coing out? Next season? I know I have read about people not being to happy about the "new" car. More spec parts between Holden and Ford, correct?

Edited by IMSA-XJR9

Thanks Aussie! I try to stay connect across the pond on FMC matters on the fordaustraliaforums.com and the V8 Supercar site . . . just too lazy this morning to go check! BTW . . . that GT-E in your signature is about perfect . . . in my opinion. I tried to build one on the FPV website, but I don't think the new model year in available.

Yea, the FPV site is pretty slack! :P I wish the guys that do www.hsv.com.au went over to FPV and had a good chat with them...

Also, the new GT range doesn't hit the showrooms for about a week (now I think) and the order back log will nullify any chances of seeing one in the showrooms for the next few months at least! lol

Looks like V8 Supercars suffers from the same thing NASCAR does when it comes to Fords. Fast on qualifying day, problems on raceday. Two of the NASCAR drivers blew up on Sunday from what I read. Looks like that FR9 engine isn't ready for prime time still. Such a shame that Chevy and Toyota continue to mop the floor. I watched part of the race and the Fords were quicker through the corners ... hmmph. I feel sorta like a Red Sox fan: maybe next year.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Looks like V8 Supercars suffers from the same thing NASCAR does when it comes to Fords. Fast on qualifying day, problems on raceday. Two of the NASCAR drivers blew up on Sunday from what I read. Looks like that FR9 engine isn't ready for prime time still. Such a shame that Chevy and Toyota continue to mop the floor. I watched part of the race and the Fords were quicker through the corners ... hmmph. I feel sorta like a Red Sox fan: maybe next year.

Lack of sponsorship by Ford, two thirds of the field were Commodores.

The team that came 1st and 2nd were driving Fords last year and won

the race several times before that....

Edited by jpd80

RE: the GTE - yea... I like it too! roflol

Can't wait for some proper photos on some decent angles in the new colours ('Havana' - a mocha brown and 'Edge' - a flat grey).

not sure what happened with Biffle and Kenseth, but they were the only 2 to have engine issues.. edwards was just another fluke failure that will cost him a shot at championship, ala 2008 when he should have won, but a fluke electrical thing killed him at lowes.

Non of the other FR9 engines had issue, Kahne, Allmendinger, Sadler and menard all ran around the top 5 and top 10, Kahne did finish 4th, allmendinger had a top 10 but that last scramble at end he got punted backwards while in 10th and moving up.

Also there is a Ford that is in the points lead for the V8 series fyi. that would be a ultimate slap in the face of whincup, lowndes and holden if they stole the best team and drivers over the winter to not win it all.. courtney is running great..

also winterbottom was right there with the 2 holdens until he lost it and came all the way back to 9th after repairs..

GM is doing what it has always done, win by out numbering your opponents..

lets also remember, who is the only manufactor to basically win races and championships in ever single series in the world at one point or another, and when they won, they won big, did it a few years then got bored and left. and they did build the best racing engine ever with partnership with cosworth, the good ole DFV.

I noticed this also. What the heck happened to Vodophone.

Vodaphone - aka Triple 8 Racing is owned by Roland Dane who used to race GM products in Europe, relocated to V8 Touring cars in Australia after receiving minor sponsorship from Ford. Dane maintained that as Vodaphone were their major sponsor, the cars would continue to be painted in Red and silver but Ford always felt that Dane and 888 were disrespecting Ford by keeping their red paint schemes, a color used by chief Holden competitors. This continued to anger Ford Australia to a point that they considered the paint scheme to be part of the sponsorship conditions.

After no guarantees of sponsorship from Ford beyond the 2009 season, Dane announced a deal with Holden had been reached and the team would switch in 2010. As a result, there was a very vitriolic departure from 12 months ago and a heroes' welcome back to GM and Holden for Craig Lowdnes and Jamie Whincup.

Dane's 888 Racing has massive engineering workshop and expertise that was building race cars for other teams both Fords and Holdens but now Dane has indicated that 888 will be concentrating on Holden cars only.

Edited by jpd80

Vodaphone - aka Triple 8 Racing is owned by Roland Dane who used to race GM products in Europe, relocated to V8 Touring cars in Australia after receiving minor sponsorship from Ford. Dane maintained that as Vodaphone were their major sponsor, the cars would continue to be painted in Red and silver but Ford always felt that Dane and 888 were disrespecting Ford by keeping their red paint schemes, a color used by chief Holden competitors. This continued to anger Ford Australia to a point that they considered the paint scheme to be part of the sponsorship conditions.

After no guarantees of sponsorship from Ford beyond the 2009 season, Dane announced a deal with Holden had been reached and the team would switch in 2010. As a result, there was a very vitriolic departure from 12 months ago and a heroes' welcome back to GM and Holden for Craig Lowdnes and Jamie Whincup.

Dane's 888 Racing has massive engineering workshop and expertise that was building race cars for other teams both Fords and Holdens but now Dane has indicated that 888 will be concentrating on Holden cars only.

yah, all the more reason to route for courtney to beat them this year.

not sure what happened with Biffle and Kenseth, but they were the only 2 to have engine issues.. edwards was just another fluke failure that will cost him a shot at championship, ala 2008 when he should have won, but a fluke electrical thing killed him at lowes.

Non of the other FR9 engines had issue, Kahne, Allmendinger, Sadler and menard all ran around the top 5 and top 10, Kahne did finish 4th, allmendinger had a top 10 but that last scramble at end he got punted backwards while in 10th and moving up.

Also there is a Ford that is in the points lead for the V8 series fyi. that would be a ultimate slap in the face of whincup, lowndes and holden if they stole the best team and drivers over the winter to not win it all.. courtney is running great..

also winterbottom was right there with the 2 holdens until he lost it and came all the way back to 9th after repairs..

GM is doing what it has always done, win by out numbering your opponents..

lets also remember, who is the only manufactor to basically win races and championships in ever single series in the world at one point or another, and when they won, they won big, did it a few years then got bored and left. and they did build the best racing engine ever with partnership with cosworth, the good ole DFV.

Yeah, but it's more than just GM beating by out-numbering. Most of the great racers in NASCAR these days were once driving Fords ...

Jeff Gordon hasn't really had his success recently that he once had, but he started in a Ford and he's had more wins in a shorter time period than Dale Earnhardt did. A lot of NASCAR's rulebook has favored certain teams over the years. Hendrick in particular. For instance, when the late 90s Taurus body came out, the Taurus had a huge aero advantage over the Chevys. NASCAR made Ford modify some stuff to slow down the Fords because they were dominating so heavily. The most irritating thing about NASCAR is that they put you in such a box now that they are stifling innovation. You can't really make gains anywhere except in obscure places like the transmission tunnel.

Yeah, guys are adjusting those for downforce. Seems kind of lame.