Shelby GR-1

Has anyone heard any news or updates on this car? Is it ever going to reach production?

I seriously doubt it in that configuration. Perhaps we'll get another surprise at this year's NAIAS and see a 3rd concept built from the the GT's architecture. I'm sure Ford WANTS to build something on the GT platform to ammortize more of the development costs, but who knows if they actually have the budget to do it.

• 1 year later...
LOL...OK

I suppose you have information that proves otherwise???

There is no more "SVT".

There are zero performance or "sporty" cars or even options for that matter being offered by Ford in anything other than the Mustang.

We can only hope Mulally has already made heads roll and has something in the works for us.

Forget about it, performance at Ford is dead, if you want performance look to a brand that has balls.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear the GT500 cancelled after the 08 model year..

Hey Blueblood, the Shelby program was always going to be at least a 2 year run, with the possibility of a 3rd year. So to let you know, expect 2 years guaranteed, but don't be suprised to see another year.

Also, I had the chance to talk to Rick Titus, the fellow who is on that Ford Truth about trucks DVD. He said it without saying it, that there are several Fusions running around Dearborn on MFG tags, with the D35 and 6-speed manuals in them! Here is your performance car! They WILL be doing an ST or some sporty version of the Fusion soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Blueblood, the Shelby program was always going to be at least a 2 year run, with the possibility of a 3rd year. So to let you know, expect 2 years guaranteed, but don't be suprised to see another year.

Also, I had the chance to talk to Rick Titus, the fellow who is on that Ford Truth about trucks DVD. He said it without saying it, that there are several Fusions running around Dearborn on MFG tags, with the D35 and 6-speed manuals in them! Here is your performance car! They WILL be doing an ST or some sporty version of the Fusion soon.

God, I hope so :happy feet:

Has anyone heard any news or updates on this car? Is it ever going to reach production?

The business case for the GT was not good even though it made some dealers very happy. I doubt this will be green lighted. There is fuel economy debates in Congress, they have a winner in teh Shelby, and they are looking to become more green. I bet that budget money was shifted to advanced powertrain development, but that is just my speculation.

I know that, and it was stupid to put all that money into creating the car only for a 3 year run, they should have kept it and made continual improvements..

A D35 Fusion just puts it on par with the competition, the TT version in an AWD 6-speed is a performance car, I wouldn't bet a penny on that happening though. Maybe if colletti was back..

I think the Fusion needs the 3.5 and the 6 speed would be great.

I know this is a stupid question. But why ST and not GT? It seems Ford uses too many different ways to denote the "Performance Version" I know that GT stands for Grand Turismo or Touring , but to most people it means "Fast Car". ST probably stands for Sport Touring or some thing and maybe is more correct for a sedan, but who cares? I mean if someone says I have a Focus ST and unless you actually researched the Focus, would you know it was the "more" performance Focus?

But if you say I have a Mustang GT, they instantly know its different than the base model.

At least when you had SVT , most people knew that it meant it was special or different.

Just seems the GT means to Ford what SS means to Chevy and Ford should recognize that and capitalize on it.

Just my opinion

• 1 month later...
I think thats because they didnt back up the SS like they should have. Chevy used the SS on some vehicles that were nothing more than an appearance package with no real change in power or handeling

cough cough...silverado SS...cough cough...f body camaro SS...cough cough

I hope they do. We need something to compete with corvette/vipers. (maybe right in the middle of those two price ranger, but performance to take them both down)

yes i want to see this too....we will call it the Ford Forza GT- that is trademarked by Ford-150 of www.blueovalforums.com

oh and it won't be limited production

but it will be hard growing a fan base as big as the Corvette but i can see it happening..when i take over Ford...LOL

Edited by Ford-150