Dear Mr. Doug Scott

It is really hard to put 4' tall, dirty, and other very bulky items in a CUV... They fit great in a Ranger or other compact pickup, however.

Most of the people who routinely haul "4' tall, dirty and other very bulky items" find their needs better suited by full size trucks.

The cross section of the population that has older, smaller garages and also routinely hauls stuff that is only truck appropriate is pretty small.

I'm proud to not be part of the "most" populace and to have a 1975 house... Most of the people I know who do have trucks of the F150 ilk do not and can not park them in their garages...

Most of the people who routinely haul "4' tall, dirty and other very bulky items" find their needs better suited by full size trucks.

The cross section of the population that has older, smaller garages and also routinely hauls stuff that is only truck appropriate is pretty small.

I regularly used (past tense) my Ranger 4X4 for hauling firewood. Plus you couldn't beat a Ranger in the woods. Small, nimble, easy to turn around and with good ground clearance. Great winter vehicle too. A lot of the kids up here use Rangers for hauling ATVs. Most 4-wheelers fit into the box with no problem.

Look on the bright side Brewfan, you're not Piratesfan. Hey we're getting some great draft picks again this year. They will soon be available for trade in exchange for a bunch of mediocre players no one has ever heard of and never will. :banghead:

The resurrection of this thread does give me the chance to remark on the Pirates' increasingly optimistic chances of ending their 20 years of losing baseball. We probably won't catch the Reds unless they completely collapse in the next couple of weeks, but we should finish above .500 and might even have a wild card shot.