AAI News

Footballfan

This article from Automotive News had an interview with the CEO of Mazda. The last two questions address the Auto Alliance plant.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101025/OEM02/310259964/1117

If the link does not work, the CEO said that AAI will have to be better utilized in the future. Sounds like Mazda is not planning on leaving AAI.

This article from Automotive News had an interview with the CEO of Mazda. The last two questions address the Auto Alliance plant.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101025/OEM02/310259964/1117

If the link does not work, the CEO said that AAI will have to be better utilized in the future. Sounds like Mazda is not planning on leaving AAI.

ahh, "better utilized" in the future means 8-15 dollar an hour jobs must be in there until they buy it.. This is the same shit that happened at SRP when Valeo was supposed to come in and buy the plant, they told execs that before they buy everyone must be working at a low wage. And this is where your trusty IUAW comes in and cuts pay for you and tells you to move your ass out of the plant or stay and take a pay cut. This is the MO these companies are using to split the union and lower wages on the backs of the workers for their own greed.

These companies want to reduce their work forces by 80% so they can hire 2nd tier (low wage) workers at 15 bucks an hour which because of the economy and no jobs, these people will be glad to take those jobs and we get fucked.

We can't allow this to happen people, wake TF up!.

Edited by bowflexcock

ahh, "better utilized" in the future means 8-15 dollar an hour jobs must be in there until they buy it.. This is the same shit that happened at SRP when Valeo was supposed to come in and buy the plant, they told execs that before they buy everyone must be working at a low wage. And this is where your trusty IUAW comes in and cuts pay for you and tells you to move your ass out of the plant or stay and take a pay cut. This is the MO these companies are using to split the union and lower wages on the backs of the workers for their own greed.

These companies want to reduce their work forces by 80% so they can hire 2nd tier (low wage) workers at 15 bucks an hour which because of the economy and no jobs, these people will be glad to take those jobs and we get fucked.

We can't allow this to happen people, wake TF up!.

Ford owns the plant and everything in it, they bought it 2 years ago. The Mazda CEO says AAI needs to be better utilized in the future, but they haven't made a commitment yet on making the 2012 Mazda 6 at AAI. We haven't even seen a pre production model for it, a picture of it or anything yet. This seems very odd. We normally would have already been running trial bodies through body & paint. Some Mazda engineers have told us they might pull out in January, but no decision has been made yet. Mazda is interested in building the 3 in the U.S. or Mexico, because it's not as cheap to ship it over here as it used to be due to the rising Yen. Channel 4 in Detroit announced Ford was adding 250 workers to the Dearborn Truck Plant, mostly with workers from AAI, but now the web site version of the story says it HAS added 250 workers, (meaning already happened) this was in July, why are they just announcing this now? A lot of people were confused by this today. Some news outlets were reporting this as present tense and others as past tense. A lot of workers say they heard on the radio this morning that the Saline plant was sold to Johnson Controls (JCI) . I still haven't had confirmation on it yet. If anyone finds a link,( a current link, not the Nov. 2007 link) please post it. Rumors are that the bargaining committee was informed the current workers would be replaced with $15 an hour workers. I think we all knew the $28 an hour workers' days were numbered there. Companies are not going to pay that wage for parts making anymore. If the sale isn't true, then the loaned out workers would only have until the contract's up anyway (Oct -2011) to stay there. AAI has about 500 people there, and we have no openings right now. Another rumor floating around that the company won't deny is that we could be dropping tag relief soon because our production numbers are not high enough to warrant it. We will be running less than 8 hrs a day soon. We really need new product in here.... SOON!

JCI is not under an MOU to buy Saline. So many people get suckered into rumors, Just like Chuckies post about profitsharing.

We had three different people in our unit say they heard it on the radio this morning. None of them are gossip hounds, so I don't know if they misheard the headline piece or what. I research and try to find out if info is true. My info about AAI is usually correct, but Saline doesn't even let their own people know what's going on, so I can't find out from them. A month ago two different people with family at the glass house told me Saline had a buyer lined up and it would be announced within six weeks if it went through. I know they want a buyer, but Ford has had deals fall apart in the past. I agree with you that the bonus rumor is bogus. People could post we're all getting a free 2 year lease on the Ford of our choice and it would spread like wildfire.......BY THE WAY..DID I TELL YOU FORD IS GIVING ALL OF US A FREE TWO YEAR...........NEVER MIND!

We had three different people in our unit say they heard it on the radio this morning. None of them are gossip hounds, so I don't know if they misheard the headline piece or what. I research and try to find out if info is true. My info about AAI is usually correct, but Saline doesn't even let their own people know what's going on, so I can't find out from them. A month ago two different people with family at the glass house told me Saline had a buyer lined up and it would be announced within six weeks if it went through. I know they want a buyer, but Ford has had deals fall apart in the past. I agree with you that the bonus rumor is bogus. People could post we're all getting a free 2 year lease on the Ford of our choice and it would spread like wildfire.......BY THE WAY..DID I TELL YOU FORD IS GIVING ALL OF US A FREE TWO YEAR...........NEVER MIND!

You will find out its not true. They did not buy it.

Ford owns the plant and everything in it, they bought it 2 years ago. The Mazda CEO says AAI needs to be better utilized in the future, but they haven't made a commitment yet on making the 2012 Mazda 6 at AAI. We haven't even seen a pre production model for it, a picture of it or anything yet. This seems very odd. We normally would have already been running trial bodies through body & paint. Some Mazda engineers have told us they might pull out in January, but no decision has been made yet. Mazda is interested in building the 3 in the U.S. or Mexico, because it's not as cheap to ship it over here as it used to be due to the rising Yen. Channel 4 in Detroit announced Ford was adding 250 workers to the Dearborn Truck Plant, mostly with workers from AAI, but now the web site version of the story says it HAS added 250 workers, (meaning already happened) this was in July, why are they just announcing this now? A lot of people were confused by this today. Some news outlets were reporting this as present tense and others as past tense. A lot of workers say they heard on the radio this morning that the Saline plant was sold to Johnson Controls (JCI) . I still haven't had confirmation on it yet. If anyone finds a link,( a current link, not the Nov. 2007 link) please post it. Rumors are that the bargaining committee was informed the current workers would be replaced with $15 an hour workers. I think we all knew the $28 an hour workers' days were numbered there. Companies are not going to pay that wage for parts making anymore. If the sale isn't true, then the loaned out workers would only have until the contract's up anyway (Oct -2011) to stay there. AAI has about 500 people there, and we have no openings right now. Another rumor floating around that the company won't deny is that we could be dropping tag relief soon because our production numbers are not high enough to warrant it. We will be running less than 8 hrs a day soon. We really need new product in here.... SOON!

When did Ford buy AAI and everything there? I don't recall hearing that. Source?

You will find out its not true. They did not buy it.

I called WJR radio and they said they didn't report anything on it, but they told me WWJ had a story about the previous attempts to sell the Saline plant. I could not get through to WWJ to find out. The old headlines might have confused the people who heard it. It's not the first time this week the media misreported an automotive story, and it won't be the last.

When did Ford buy AAI and everything there? I don't recall hearing that. Source?

I think it was summer of 2008 or maybe a little earlier. It was announced at a town hall meeting at AAI. Many news outlets reported on it. It was shortly before Ford cut their share of Mazda from 33% down to 13%. Mazda issued more shares after that and it dropped our ownership to 11%. We don't need Mazda to survive, but we DO need more product either way.