Fully disable MKT traction/ESP control?

Tremek

Hi all. A friend is trying to find out how to fully disable traction control and/or ESP on his MKT for the purposes of science. Does anyone know of a button hold/keypress sequence to disable it on startup? Thanks in advance.

No - you'd have to find a Ford engineer to override it in the software like they do for testing. And I doubt they'd be willing to do that due to possible liability.

Hi all. A friend is trying to find out how to fully disable traction control and/or ESP on his MKT for the purposes of science. Does anyone know of a button hold/keypress sequence to disable it on startup? Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to? It can be done with a single input removed, but there is no 'button' or sequence of things that can be done. .

• 4 months later...

Why do you want to? It can be done with a single input removed, but there is no 'button' or sequence of things that can be done. .

I want to be able to disable the stability/traction control on my Flex when I get it, My Volvo I could shut it all completely OFF except the ABS, saved a TON of wear on the brake pads and rotors, on track days...

there are not many things that are more annoying then getting a car at the edge of traction, and expecting it to do what it should only to have a f'n computer mess it up...

I hope it is possible to shut it off or I may cancel my order...

I want to be able to disable the stability/traction control on my Flex when I get it, My Volvo I could shut it all completely OFF except the ABS, saved a TON of wear on the brake pads and rotors, on track days...

there are not many things that are more annoying then getting a car at the edge of traction, and expecting it to do what it should only to have a f'n computer mess it up...

I hope it is possible to shut it off or I may cancel my order...

Why on earth would you run a MKT at a track day on a race track?

Why on earth would you run a MKT at a track day on a race track?

Well I have a Flex Eco boost, and track days can be fun in any car or on any bike, unless of course you cannot shut off the stability/traction controll...

that and all wheel drifting in the snow is a gas! cant be done with the GHEY traction control...