Job # 2

12secrd

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just test drove my dealers first 2011. It was a screw lariat 5.0. They got it in yesterday.

Also, new info about the 4.10 elocker option! I had my dealer look to see if there was a job 2 order guide and sure enough it came out nov 30. He printed it up for me, and right on the axle page it list a 4.10 ELOCKER for ECOBOOST trucks. At the bottom of the page it says requires FX4 package with 20" wheels and max tow package.

Also the mileage on the 5.0 truck they got in said 14city/19hwy. Thats only 1 mpg better than 5.4. I know it has more power though.

I just test drove my dealers first 2011. It was a screw lariat 5.0. They got it in yesterday.

Also, new info about the 4.10 elocker option! I had my dealer look to see if there was a job 2 order guide and sure enough it came out nov 30. He printed it up for me, and right on the axle page it list a 4.10 ELOCKER for ECOBOOST trucks. At the bottom of the page it says requires FX4 package with 20" wheels and max tow package.

Also the mileage on the 5.0 truck they got in said 14city/19hwy. Thats only 1 mpg better than 5.4. I know it has more power though.

Wow all the hype I have read and watched in video is with Ecoboost and 3.73 rear. I would have thought the 4.10's would be for the 5.0 to up the tow weight.

Anyone have an updated Canadian Order Guide?

Can an order be edited by the dealer if Ford has not started the build yet? I have a order for FX4 with Max tow but wit 18" wheels. But I would be interested in 4.10 upgrade. Although it looks as though 3.73 is plenty with ecoboost.

thanks anike!

Wow all the hype I have read and watched in video is with Ecoboost and 3.73 rear. I would have thought the 4.10's would be for the 5.0 to up the tow weight.

Anyone have an updated Canadian Order Guide?

Can an order be edited by the dealer if Ford has not started the build yet? I have a order for FX4 with Max tow but wit 18" wheels. But I would be interested in 4.10 upgrade. Although it looks as though 3.73 is plenty with ecoboost.

thanks anike!

If your order hasn't been scheduled yet, you can make changes to the order.

If your order hasn't been scheduled yet, you can make changes to the order.

Anike,

How much is the upgrade to 4.10's?

I would also have to factor in the upgrade cost of 20" wheels as well.

Just checked Ford.com US site and built a F-150 FX4 it shows 4.10 available only for the Raptor and 6.2 Engine option for the Harley, Limited

PS.

Are you or did you order an Fx4 ecoboost?

Anike,

Just checked Ford.com US site and built a F-150 FX4 it shows 4.10 available only for the Raptor and 6.2 Engine option for the Harley, Limited

PS.

It will take a while to get the new info on the Ford.com site.

The Nov changes are not on the Ford.ca site either....

Anike,

PS.

I ordered a 6.2 Lariat, but have been very curious about the 4.10 option thinking it was possibly for the 6.2 trucks other than Raptor.

Where do you see the 4.10 as a option for the Harley or Limited? I went to build and price, and it wouldn't let me put it on either truck and looked again at the job 2 order guide and nothing in there. Just curious if you are seeing something I'm not.

I did not ask how much the 4.10 option was. The dealer didn't even know the job 2 guide was out or about the 4.10. I just asked them to look it up. Your dealer should be able to look it up.

Edited by anike7

I ordered a 6.2 Lariat, but have been very curious about the 4.10 option thinking it was possibly for the 6.2 trucks other than Raptor.

Where do you see the 4.10 as a option for the Harley or Limited? I went to build and price, and it wouldn't let me put it on either truck and looked again at the job 2 order guide and nothing in there. Just curious if you are seeing something I'm not.

I did not ask how much the 4.10 option was. The dealer didn't even know the job 2 guide was out or about the 4.10. I just asked them to look it up. Your dealer should be able to look it up.

Nice choice with the 6.2 Lariat.

I called my dealership and they say 4.10's are not available with ecoboost. Remember I am in Canada

Check this link for the 4.10 option with 6.2.

My link

Nice choice with the 6.2 Lariat.

I called my dealership and they say 4.10's are not available with ecoboost. Remember I am in Canada

Check this link for the 4.10 option with 6.2.

My link

Oh sorry, forgot Canada has differences than US. Did your dealer have the job 2 order guide?

Thanks for the link, but the two asterisk next to the 4.10 say at the bottom of the page Raptor. The Raptor gets 4.10 elocker and all other trim levels with 6.2 get 3.73 limited slip. I would consider the 4.10 if it was an option.

Oh sorry, forgot Canada has differences than US. Did your dealer have the job 2 order guide?

Thanks for the link, but the two asterisk next to the 4.10 say at the bottom of the page Raptor. The Raptor gets 4.10 elocker and all other trim levels with 6.2 get 3.73 limited slip. I would consider the 4.10 if it was an option.

Hum it must have been another location where I seen 4.10 was available on other trims besides the Raptor but with the 6.2L

It was a spec/option sheet that I seen on some website.

With the TQ curve on the ecoboost and the Max tow @11,300 I really don't see Ford offering a 4.10 for the 3.5L TT. But with the 6.2 and even the 5.0L it would be a GREAT option for better towing and driving performance. Plus it would probably help the in the Gas mileage department during city driving conditions.

ANIKE7,

Any more info please post

Edited by 12secrd

My dealer says No 4.10's for Ecoboost.

Canadian!

As am I, but we don't really have confirmation in the usa either do we?

If its offered down there, it will be up here. Our dealers may only find out later, but powertrain configs willl be the same. thats why I want confirmation south of the 49th.

As am I, but we don't really have confirmation in the usa either do we?

If its offered down there, it will be up here. Our dealers may only find out later, but powertrain configs willl be the same. thats why I want confirmation south of the 49th.

I am sure someone will post a updated order guide soon enough.

But 420 TQ by 2500 RPMS with the ecoboost 3.73 should be plenty for me.

4.10's will only make gas mileage worst.

Agreed! I think it would do fine with 3.55s for those that don't tow daily, espeically with the 6 speed tranny.

While I agree with you, there are examples where certain engines have done better with 4.10s vs 3.73s. That said, with a 6 speed 4.10 is incredibly steep! What would that equate to on a 4 speed... Crazy.

With the TQ the EB has even 3.31s should be plenty steep enough. I guess the towing stds everyone has to hit may play a part here too? All speculation at this point. the key to great mpg with the EB will be to keep it off boost as much as possible. Perhaps in that conifguration 4.10s do that and as a result it does better than with 3.73s? Again pure speculation on my part.

Thank you for posting the confirmation of the 4.10 elocker. I have the printed job2 from my dealer and don't understand why nobody else can seem to get it from their dealer. I tried to scan and post the changes pages which is 2, but couldn't get it to work.

It is really aggrivating when Ford employees come on this site to help customers out, and all they get is doubted. I posted this 4.10 option to give people a heads up because I actually physically build the axles for all the f150's and thought people might want to know before they get their order in. I know things at Ford change on a daily basis but we the employees at Ford just want to help the customer out by coming on this site and posting information.

One thing I have learned is that the dealer is the last to find anything out. My salesman is calling me to find out what is going on with these trucks.

Thank you for posting the confirmation of the 4.10 elocker. I have the printed job2 from my dealer and don't understand why nobody else can seem to get it from their dealer. I tried to scan and post the changes pages which is 2, but couldn't get it to work.

It is really aggrivating when Ford employees come on this site to help customers out, and all they get is doubted. I posted this 4.10 option to give people a heads up because I actually physically build the axles for all the f150's and thought people might want to know before they get their order in. I know things at Ford change on a daily basis but we the employees at Ford just want to help the customer out by coming on this site and posting information.

One thing I have learned is that the dealer is the last to find anything out. My salesman is calling me to find out what is going on with these trucks.

No problem.

Its hard to believe anyone on the web, I don't know who you are or that you really work for Ford? How should I verify that? It also seems very odd in the age of CAFE they'd offer 4.10s on the "EB", so I was pumped to verify. Now I can go fwd with it. I appreciate the info, believe me we do.

And yes sales guys are last to know, 99.9999% of the time. Thing is the "updated" order guides at least here in Canada still don't list the 4.10s. But I'm sure they will shortly.

Hey Anike7,

Like I said before thanks for posting any information you can regarding the 2011 F-150.

It's real appreciated.

Don't let opinions regarding Ford turn into personal doubts.

Keep posting the great info.

Maybe someone can get a copy of that JOB2 order guide posted up for both US and Canada.

Back on topic.

2011 F-150 JOB2 Ecoboost start date :D

Hey Anike7,

Like I said before thanks for posting any information you can regarding the 2011 F-150.

It's real appreciated.

Don't let opinions regarding Ford turn into personal doubts.

Keep posting the great info.

Maybe someone can get a copy of that JOB2 order guide posted up for both US and Canada.

Back on topic.

2011 F-150 JOB2 Ecoboost start date :D

Jan 03/11