Layoff Weeks Coming To AAI!

Die Wahrheit

Looks like you guys are going to be laid off for two weeks. These weeks will be following the Thanksgiving break. What they are saying is that AAI is still considering if their going to have the layoffs weeks back to back.. Enjoy your time off...Haven't heard anything about you guys getting a new vehicle yet. But you know you can't stay on 1 shift forever.

Looks like you guys are going to be laid off for two weeks. These weeks will be following the Thanksgiving break. What they are saying is that AAI is still considering if their going to have the layoffs weeks back to back.. Enjoy your time off...Haven't heard anything about you guys getting a new vehicle yet. But you know you can't stay on 1 shift forever.

Hope they do get another product in the contract next year. Something that requires 2 shifts. We need 3 shifts so we get skilled back to work.

We have heard about possible down weeks in Dec or Jan for awhile now. The sales of the Mustang always drop significantly in Oct or Nov, and this year won't be any different. Last year we sold 60,000 Mustangs and 41,000 Mazdas, and we are on a very similar pace this year. It's about one third of what we sold 5 years ago (around 270,000 cars). Most people won't buy a seasonal car anymore no matter how much horsepower & great mileage it has. The sticker price is too high, leases are way higher than two years ago and almost as much as buying it (within 50 bucks a month). Most people won't even consider looking at a Mazda, even though the high quality keeps improving and styling and handling are way better than Toyota & Honda, but people don't give the Mazda 6 a chance, that's hurting us big time! Die, we are very aware we can't stay one one shift forever. we went from 10.7 hours on a 4 day schedule to 9.5-10 hrs on a 5 day schedule, and now we're working 8 - 8.4 hrs every day with tag relief. Our production numbers are still trending down, so there has to be more down weeks, it's just a matter of when they actually take them. We don't know if Mazda is pulling out or not. We have not seen any plans for the 2012 Mazda 6. No pre production models, trial bodies, nothing. It should already have been put together by the new model launch team, but they don't have any info on it. It doesn't mean Mazda is definitely leaving, but they had better get the new model in soon if they are indeed staying. If they stay, we might get the Mazda 3 if it does get built in the U.S. (in addition to Japan) We might get a new Lincoln product and there is talk about Ford producing a new Galaxy (reusing the old Galaxy 500 name, I guess) We have been told by the company and union that a decision will be made soon if we are getting any new products. If we don't get any new cars, then the rumors of the Mustang going to a re-tooled Wayne Assembly Plant are looking more plausible by the minute, and AAI's demise much more realistic. We will enjoy our time off, whenever it happens, but too much down time on 1 shift is a recipe for disaster. We do need new product and I hope we get it YESTERDAY! If you do hear any info on us getting new product, please post. Skilled, we would love to have 3 shifts and get the skilled trades back working, but I guess we have to work on getting the second shift back in the meantime.

• Like 1

We have heard about possible down weeks in Dec or Jan for awhile now. The sales of the Mustang always drop significantly in Oct or Nov, and this year won't be any different. Last year we sold 60,000 Mustangs and 41,000 Mazdas, and we are on a very similar pace this year. It's about one third of what we sold 5 years ago (around 270,000 cars). Most people won't buy a seasonal car anymore no matter how much horsepower & great mileage it has. The sticker price is too high, leases are way higher than two years ago and almost as much as buying it (within 50 bucks a month). Most people won't even consider looking at a Mazda, even though the high quality keeps improving and styling and handling are way better than Toyota & Honda, but people don't give the Mazda 6 a chance, that's hurting us big time! Die, we are very aware we can't stay one one shift forever. we went from 10.7 hours on a 4 day schedule to 9.5-10 hrs on a 5 day schedule, and now we're working 8 - 8.4 hrs every day with tag relief. Our production numbers are still trending down, so there has to be more down weeks, it's just a matter of when they actually take them. We don't know if Mazda is pulling out or not. We have not seen any plans for the 2012 Mazda 6. No pre production models, trial bodies, nothing. It should already have been put together by the new model launch team, but they don't have any info on it. It doesn't mean Mazda is definitely leaving, but they had better get the new model in soon if they are indeed staying. If they stay, we might get the Mazda 3 if it does get built in the U.S. (in addition to Japan) We might get a new Lincoln product and there is talk about Ford producing a new Galaxy (reusing the old Galaxy 500 name, I guess) We have been told by the company and union that a decision will be made soon if we are getting any new products. If we don't get any new cars, then the rumors of the Mustang going to a re-tooled Wayne Assembly Plant are looking more plausible by the minute, and AAI's demise much more realistic. We will enjoy our time off, whenever it happens, but too much down time on 1 shift is a recipe for disaster. We do need new product and I hope we get it YESTERDAY! If you do hear any info on us getting new product, please post. Skilled, we would love to have 3 shifts and get the skilled trades back working, but I guess we have to work on getting the second shift back in the meantime.

Here is an article from this week's Automotive News regarding Mazda better utilizing Auto Alliance:

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101101/RETAIL02/311019951/1117

Also, Ford applied for a flexible permit for its paint operations at AAI, something that they probably would not do if they planned on leaving:

http://www.deq.state.mi.us/aps/cwerp.shtml

I think that one thing that is holding any product announcement is the tax dispute the city of Flat Rock is having with AAI. The city did not accept payment for Ford's property tax bill claiming the company owes them more money. The issue is currently in negotiations.

SRP's Mustang Hvac dept seems to be down or loaned out as much as they work.

SRP's Mustang Hvac dept seems to be down or loaned out as much as they work.

closed is the word for AAI you will not be there after 2012 model mustang mazada says bye bye moves mazada 6 production to mexico

unless everyone agrees to work for 14 dollars a hour :hysterical:

thats the wage set for auto workers :happy feet:

good luck and keep working your ass off lets make the ceo's/executives/managements pockets fatter :happy feet:

closed is the word for AAI you will not be there after 2012 model mustang mazada says bye bye moves mazada 6 production to mexico

good luck and keep working your ass off lets make the ceo's/executives/managements pockets fatter :happy feet:

This isn't even funny, you should go buy a lottery ticket if you can see the future.

[

Rumor.....Rumor......but I'll take it if it's true.....

ASS

I got laid off in 2008 and was out of work for 2 years, which was the first time I was ever unemployed. Fortunately, my wife kept her job and then recently I found work. It's hard on everyone, so I sincerely hope all works out for the positive. Meanwhile, we ordered a 2011 Mustang V6 Premium on 10/26/2010, so if it ever gets assigned a VIN and gets scheduled, it will help you guys. :-)

OOPS, I posted in a Ford Employee Only thread. Moderators, please delete my post and I won't do it again. :-)

Edited by SoFL05GT
  • Like 1

Management told us today that the proposed down week in Dec. isn't happening. They also said in March we'd be on 10 hrs with a couple of Saturdays per month. We are supposed to start building the Boss 302 Mustang and they say there are a lot of pre orders. I don't if we will keep that production pace for more than 3 months. It will probably be business as usual....run the hell out of the line, get the cars to the dealerships, stockpile the cars, then have down weeks when the sales drop off. With gas and food prices rising as fast as they are, I don't think we'll be selling as many cars as they think next spring, but hopefully I'm wrong.