2011 F-150's

jp1035

I ordered mine on 9-13-10 and have heard nothing. Can't wait much longer, may have to go to Chevy this weekend.

Didn't you already know that they were not going to start producing the '11's until early-mid November? Don't get your panties in a bind yet. If you don't have it by mid-January, then you can start getting worried. They will be held at the factory for a few weeks after the first ones are built for quality control. Then, you may be a few weeks out before yours gets scheduled (depending on where you were in the order list). So, I wouldn't hold hope for getting it before 2011 unless you were near the top of the order list.

• Like 1

Didn't you already know that they were not going to start producing the '11's until early-mid November? Don't get your panties in a bind yet. If you don't have it by mid-January, then you can start getting worried. They will be held at the factory for a few weeks after the first ones are built for quality control. Then, you may be a few weeks out before yours gets scheduled (depending on where you were in the order list). So, I wouldn't hold hope for getting it before 2011 unless you were near the top of the order list.

At Kcap, we are balancing out the 2010 this week. The 2011 will starting rolling off the line next week.

The Ecoboost is job # 2. Wont start building them until early 2011.

Hey Pjulios,

Any idea on what month job #2 - ecoboost will start building? Months from Jan-March have been thrown around.

PS I have been told that some dealerships got allocation for 2 ecoboost from Job 1. Can you confirm this?

Can anyone from Dearborn Plant comment on this?

Is it possible to arrange to visit DTP and watch your truck being built?

I know that DTP does tours, but even with a build date...we're talking about a needle in a haystack.

It's be great if Ford offered a factory pickup option like some of the European brands. I've heard that Harley offers it too.

• 5 weeks later...

I just hope i can get my truck before the end of jan.

Me too. I ordered on November 26, and just received in the mail a $750 cash offer from Ford if I take delivery of a new vehicle by January 31! That would be 9 weeks from my order day, and my dealer estimated 8-12 weeks for delivery. I'd hate to lose an extra $750, but the production delays may be the nail in the coffin.