I Love My Car!

73mach1

So it was tested in the snow -- how did it do?

Snow and ice in St Joe, Mo. Id say it handled as expected. We've had a few AWD explorers and I say it felt like them. The throttle tip in on the SHO is pretty long so unless I really stepped on it the traction control never came on. The only problem we had was one hill at holiday park which was a sheet of ice and we slid right on down into the cross street. I want some deep snow and no kid in the car so I can really go play but this car is huge and should be driven carefully wet or dry. It has the stock Goodyear tires and we don't plan on changing so we'll see how they do when we get some deep snow.

Snow and ice in St Joe, Mo. Id say it handled as expected. We've had a few AWD explorers and I say it felt like them. The throttle tip in on the SHO is pretty long so unless I really stepped on it the traction control never came on. The only problem we had was one hill at holiday park which was a sheet of ice and we slid right on down into the cross street. I want some deep snow and no kid in the car so I can really go play but this car is huge and should be driven carefully wet or dry. It has the stock Goodyear tires and we don't plan on changing so we'll see how they do when we get some deep snow.

Yeah, I was curious to see how the stock rubber performed. I'd really rather not buy winter wheels/snow tires for my Edge, but if those Pirelli Scorpions are trash in the snow, I don't think I'll have much choice. Of course, we rarely get dumped on like we did last winter, so it might not be an issue at all.

Yeah, I was curious to see how the stock rubber performed. I'd really rather not buy winter wheels/snow tires for my Edge, but if those Pirelli Scorpions are trash in the snow, I don't think I'll have much choice. Of course, we rarely get dumped on like we did last winter, so it might not be an issue at all.

+1 on Pirelli Scorpions. They came on my Superduty 4X4 when I bought it new (Did not pay attention when I ordered it). Would not go anywhere in the snow. Switched to Cooper Discoverer ATR, and it was amazing the difference. Now it is about unstoppable in the white Stuff!!! :shades: