Never-sold 1987 Buick GNX, 164 original miles....

RangerM

....and it's not for sale. :( (Not that I could afford it, anyway)

I rode in one of these monsters as a 20-something. It's something to behold. (0-60 in 4.7 seconds, per article) It's always neat to find one of these original, unrestored cars. Getting harder to find.

58213508.jpg

Josue Iglesias, 21, takes a peek inside the never-sold 1987 Buick Regal GNX that resides at Boulevard Buick in Signal Hill.

Love it....now lets find a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe...or better yet, the Mercury Cougar XR7 version with a 5 speed.....

Willowbrook Ford (in the Chicago area) had this impressively well kept 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe with 7k miles on the odo (I think) available for sale last year:

88turbocoupe.JPG

88turbocoupe2.JPG

A similarly pristine 1979 Lincoln Mark V Collectors Series Coupe (with approx. 12k miles) was also for sale by the same dealership:

markv.JPG

My lord that is a gigantic car. The hood alone is as big as new Fiesta.

Yet the interior space is probably less than an MKZ. I really disliked that era of American car design, where things were big just for the sake of being big. At least when things started getting bigger again in the 1990's/2000's, you got more usable space and capability to go along with it.

Edited by NickF1011

Yet the interior space is probably less than an MKZ. I really disliked that era of American car design, where things were big just for the sake of being big. At least when things started getting bigger again in the 1990's/2000's, you got more usable space and capability to go along with it.

They had big appitites too.