Edge Option Packages

DaveCole

I was looking at a 2011 Edge at a local dealership but it didn't have the options that I wanted. They were trying to find one from another dealer that they could trade for, but didn't have any luck, so they ordered one. I didn't ask them to order it... they just ordered it and told me later that they did. If I decide I don't want it when it comes in, am I obligated to buy it?

You're not obligated to purchase anything if you didn't sign a contract. Seems odd they would just up and order it without even asking. :headscratch:

What configuration are you interested in? The dealer mix around me seems to be pretty good now. I had no trouble finding the vehicle I wanted in available stock -- it just took a few weeks for the right one to ship.

Edited by NickF1011

I was looking at a 2011 Edge at a local dealership but it didn't have the options that I wanted. They were trying to find one from another dealer that they could trade for, but didn't have any luck, so they ordered one. I didn't ask them to order it... they just ordered it and told me later that they did. If I decide I don't want it when it comes in, am I obligated to buy it?

They may have looked at what you wanted and thought it would be a good idea to order one because if you didn't want they could probably easily sell it to somebody else. But it also doesn't hurt if they make you feel obligated to buy it.

You're not obligated to purchase anything if you didn't sign a contract. Seems odd they would just up and order it without even asking. :headscratch:

What configuration are you interested in? The dealer mix around me seems to be pretty good now. I had no trouble finding the vehicle I wanted in available stock -- it just took a few weeks for the right one to ship.

The one I want is a 2011 Edge Limited, black exterior, black interior, with the 301a package.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Even if you put down a deposit for a vehicle that you ordered, you can choose not to purchase it if you later decide not to buy it and you will receive a full refund of your deposit.