Transit Truck

While I admit it's not something I could see myself owning, I can easily see how this might be something that companies who deliver goods too tall (refrigerator?) to fit into a regular TC would want.

The only thing I would question is the need for the cab to be as tall as the regular TC, but if you had tie downs mounted vertically on either side of the cab (as well as the bed), it might make sense.

Other than obviously chopping off the top rear of the Transit I also did the following:

On the Transit with the rack- I chopped about 8" off the roof (removed the raised roof part), squared off the lower intake, moved the Ford Oval from the center of the grill to an upper grill chrome trim which I made about 4" taller, place a chrome border around the uper grill, made the turn signals orange (normally clear), made the side-rear glass even in height with the top of the bed. added about 4-6" onto the over all length of the vehicle (all aft of the rear wheels).

Only things different on the one without the rack is- I left the original trapezoid lower air intake, the side-rear window comes dow lower to the crease in the body work.

Thank You

Edited by crackedblock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"And Ford's Farley says the company is looking at derivatives of the Transit Connect. Maybe even one that has an open bed."

I guess I am not the only one thinking in this direction. :happy feet:

This is the Ford Courier, currently built and supplied to South Africa and South America,

it's based on previous version of the Fiesta, I guess a Focus based pick up would work too.

699d23712b912ad469a2045b57916438-1-7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...