DTP C-crew

tapper

A little over a year ago when I arrived at DTP, during orientation at the Union Local, Bernie R peaked in and said Ford has told Local 600 that as long as gas was under $3.00 a gallon, C-crew was ok. Now gas is above $3.00 a gallon, does this mean the end of C-crew especially since the 'speculators' see gas at $5.00+ by 2012?

Now I have mixed feelings about speculators as they drive the price up, then dump the stock/commodity, take profits at the exspense of the people. That is capitolism.

But, since the commodities markets in Chicago can put a cap on the price of grains, wheat and soy beans (and the likes) why cant there be caps on oil and its distillates?

$3.00+ for gas means the end of any economic recovery (some will argue that we are worse now than 2 years ago, but thats another discussion) as more will be put into gas tanks and not into goods and services. We saw that a few short years ago.

What say you?

Tapper

A little over a year ago when I arrived at DTP, during orientation at the Union Local, Bernie R peaked in and said Ford has told Local 600 that as long as gas was under $3.00 a gallon, C-crew was ok. Now gas is above $3.00 a gallon, does this mean the end of C-crew especially since the 'speculators' see gas at $5.00+ by 2012?

Now I have mixed feelings about speculators as they drive the price up, then dump the stock/commodity, take profits at the exspense of the people. That is capitolism.

But, since the commodities markets in Chicago can put a cap on the price of grains, wheat and soy beans (and the likes) why cant there be caps on oil and its distillates?

$3.00+ for gas means the end of any economic recovery (some will argue that we are worse now than 2 years ago, but thats another discussion) as more will be put into gas tanks and not into goods and services. We saw that a few short years ago.

What say you?

Tapper

Bottom line is KC needs another product, currently figure each shift of F-150 production per shift will produce around 125k units (not an exact number but close).

In order to continue 3 shifts at DTP and 1 shift at KC Ford needs yearly sales to be around 500k units. Gas prices will not dictate Ford's decision to cut a shift unless it has another sales drop.

Gas could be $6 a gallon but if there is still demand for roughly 500k units you can bet they will not cut a shift anywhere. I am sure Bernie is going off estimates given to him by the company, which may pan out. However its a guessing game , no estimate is an exact science.

I would not worry to much about it unless we start to see sales drop quickly. With all the new power trains coming out I would think Ford is in the best position to handle the truck market if gas prices continue to soar.

Bottom line is KC needs another product, currently figure each shift of F-150 production per shift will produce around 125k units (not an exact number but close).

In order to continue 3 shifts at DTP and 1 shift at KC Ford needs yearly sales to be around 500k units. Gas prices will not dictate Ford's decision to cut a shift unless it has another sales drop.

Gas could be $6 a gallon but if there is still demand for roughly 500k units you can bet they will not cut a shift anywhere. I am sure Bernie is going off estimates given to him by the company, which may pan out. However its a guessing game , no estimate is an exact science.

I would not worry to much about it unless we start to see sales drop quickly. With all the new power trains coming out I would think Ford is in the best position to handle the truck market if gas prices continue to soar.

It is not economical to run one shift at a plant, KC might be in trouble of closing, save a new product, or greatly increases Fseries Volume, highly unlikely with gas and economy. With Fseries sales in the 400-500k range two plants are more than enough to build an ample supply of trucks.

Bernie isn't a company man so I am guessing he doesn't know what he is talking about, or what he said is long out dated, If DTP's C-Crew makes it through spring it is most likely going to stay on for a long time, consider how many people do the plant tours on the weekend, who wants to tour a plant when its not running?

Sorry to paint a bad picture for all those employees at KC but reality isn't always pleasant, nor should it be ignored.

It is not economical to run one shift at a plant, KC might be in trouble of closing, save a new product, or greatly increases Fseries Volume, highly unlikely with gas and economy. With Fseries sales in the 400-500k range two plants are more than enough to build an ample supply of trucks.

Bernie isn't a company man so I am guessing he doesn't know what he is talking about, or what he said is long out dated, If DTP's C-Crew makes it through spring it is most likely going to stay on for a long time, consider how many people do the plant tours on the weekend, who wants to tour a plant when its not running?

Sorry to paint a bad picture for all those employees at KC but reality isn't always pleasant, nor should it be ignored.

All this because Bernie poked his head in the door, KC, reality isn't always pleasant and should not be ignored!!! You don't know anything. We can sit here and speculate till the end of time.Same old shit.

KCAP Truck isn't going anywhere, at least until Ford decides to upgrade the Box Line and Body Decker to assemble/accommodate an 8' bed at DTP.

Had alot of new fixtures coming in the last week of work to be installed during shutdown, lots of new turntables also. Been buisy for the trades guys. I would of thought if Ford wanted DTP to build 8' boxes they would have done it long ago. Since the majority of 8' ers are regular cabs they figure why spend the money. Just my opinion.

I don't think Ford will spend the money on that until only 3 shifts of production are needed to fill orders. If that ever happens, there will only be one plant assembling '150's.

best selling vehicle in the world will not be built at one plant if kcap is not the overflow plant ktp will be

why don't you DTP people get used to the fact your a show plant all nice and green when it comes to production and cost per unit you suck

KCAP is going to continue to build the F-150 and the product to replace the Escape is the Transit Connect and The Transit Van batteries for the electric version are going to be made in missouri sorry OAP

:happy feet:

First of all, we appreciate KC for having the balls to stand up against FOMOCO. You are the only plant that has any guts! However, If recall correctly we can build reg caps at DTP. This was done a couple of years ago. Also I know that DSP was looked at for building the 8-foot bed and shipping to DTP. It is disturbing to me how the International has pinned us against each other. We wish you the best.

First of all, we appreciate KC for having the balls to stand up against FOMOCO. You are the only plant that has any guts! However, If recall correctly we can build reg caps at DTP. This was done a couple of years ago. Also I know that DSP was looked at for building the 8-foot bed and shipping to DTP. It is disturbing to me how the International has pinned us against each other. We wish you the best.

DSP has problems keeping up with stampings as it is, throw in a production box line, no way!

You're going to see at least two shifts building F-150's at KCAP......next year. New product to replace the Escape is coming as well.

Im hearing November 2011. Unless Escape sales plummit.

Edited by kalu

DSP has problems keeping up with stampings as it is, throw in a production box line, no way!

They already assemble all of your doors and hoods. And they have a lot of floor space. There is already rumors of more presses going in for the 2014 Truck.

It could happen.

Shoot, imagine the money Ford would save if they didn't have to ship all of the sheet metal from Michigan down there to be assembled.

They already assemble all of your doors and hoods. And they have a lot of floor space. There is already rumors of more presses going in for the 2014 Truck.

It could happen.

Shoot, imagine the money Ford would save if they didn't have to ship all of the sheet metal from Michigan down there to be assembled.

Think of the damage, (and cost), during transit to get to destination, it's not a hop and skip like it used to be at OTP. Oh and by the way, we scrap alot of doors and hoods for die marks, scratches, waves, splits and blown out hems...

It could happen.

That's why KCAP is getting a stamping plant. Ooops, did i say that out loud?

I don't think too many people think about gas prices while they are driving an SUV or gas guzzling truck.

Gas prices don't really bother consumers, they already know they need to buy it, it's like knowing you need to go buy groceries for your family, (you need to do it). Complaining about it isn't going to help.

Personally I think anyone that works less then 25 miles away from home will be buying a Volt so within a year or so gas should drop in price.

I urge everyone out there to buy an electric vehicle if you don't drive any more then 20 miles on the weekend. Think of the gas your going to save yourself. I am buying one soon.

I think u don't have a clue of what is going on in the real world???

I don't think too many people think about gas prices while they are driving an SUV or gas guzzling truck.

Gas prices don't really bother consumers, they already know they need to buy it, it's like knowing you need to go buy groceries for your family, (you need to do it). Complaining about it isn't going to help.

Personally I think anyone that works less then 25 miles away from home will be buying a Volt so within a year or so gas should drop in price.

I urge everyone out there to buy an electric vehicle if you don't drive any more then 20 miles on the weekend. Think of the gas your going to save yourself. I am buying one soon.

How many Chevy Volt's do you think GM is going to produce this year?

If you drive 20 miles on the weekend - approximately 1 gallon of gas. Gas @ $4 x 52 weeks - $208 year. Keep vehicle 10 years - $2080 gas savings. Cost of Volt over cost of Focus - $15K-20K.

Math is our friend.

How many Chevy Volt's do you think GM is going to produce this year?

If you drive 20 miles on the weekend - approximately 1 gallon of gas. Gas @ $4 x 52 weeks - $208 year. Keep vehicle 10 years - $2080 gas savings. Cost of Volt over cost of Focus - $15K-20K.

Math is our friend.

Yeah, but if you keep the Volt for 100 years, then you'll save $20,800! Govt Motors is awesome. Thankfully our government, through the EPA, hasn't outlawed gas-powered vehicles, especially since my tricycle has a flat tire at the moment.