Picked up my 2011 Explorer

• 1 month later...

last tank averaged 19 with mix of city and highway. The dash computer registers mid 20's on the highway, so the numbers did come up a little bit. I have not had a dedicated highway trip more than 20 miles, so I have not been able to manually calculate the highway milage.

last tank averaged 19 with mix of city and highway. The dash computer registers mid 20's on the highway, so the numbers did come up a little bit. I have not had a dedicated highway trip more than 20 miles, so I have not been able to manually calculate the highway milage.

The computer Tank average has been less than gas pumped in my last 3 tank fill-ups. My wife seems to average 19.7mpg but I have managed to bring that up to 23.7mpg with the last two fill-ups. Lifetime MPG is at 22.7 with 1,250 miles to date. Most of our driving is city (65%) but at 60mph highway it can get between 30 - 35mpg.

picture of the new machine finally:

Skippack022.jpg

Very nice- and to add to the visibility issue, Kirby is right-that's what mirrors are for- the reality of the situation though- as several have pointed out, is that it is not as "open" as the old one. The wife thought she wanted one-until she sat in one the other day. Her 2004 may not have a camera, but when she looks over her shoulder, she sees daylight. In the new one, you see pillar. So she drove an Edge that visit and that is what she thinks she wants now.

She still hasn't driven one so we will see what her reaction is then.