2011 Fusion SEL - tranny trouble

JuMPy

Well...this is post #2 for me :)

Just picked up a brand spankin new 2011 Tuxedo black Fusion SEL with sport appearance last Thursday. Sadly the tranny decided to get really grumpy on day 2 of ownership and the cars been in the shop since Tuesday and is now awaiting a new tranny. Dealership is looking after me, so hopefully they can get this turned around quickly. Looks like a seal got shredded and one of the valves isn't operating properly keeping line pressure high. Hits hard going into drive and really hard when it kicks down. Up shifts are fine.

As they say $h#t happens, so I'm taking it in stride. Car is really nice to drive thou, and real step up from the high mileage HHR I traded in for it, so I can hardly wait to get it back ASAP, as the focus they lent me is not so nice LOL

Thought I would share, as I came on here wondering if this might be a common thing.......which it would seem not to be at all.

Edited by JuMPy

Well...this is post #2 for me :)

Just picked up a brand spankin new 2011 Tuxedo black Fusion SEL with sport appearance last Thursday. Sadly the tranny decided to get really grumpy on day 2 of ownership and the cars been in the shop since Tuesday and is now awaiting a new tranny. Dealership is looking after me, so hopefully they can get this turned around quickly. Looks like a seal got shredded and one of the valves isn't operating properly keeping line pressure high. Hits hard going into drive and really hard when it kicks down. Up shifts are fine.

As they say $h#t happens, so I'm taking it in stride. Car is really nice to drive thou, and real step up from the high mileage HHR I traded in for it, so I can hardly wait to get it back ASAP, as the focus they lent me is not so nice LOL

Thought I would share, as I came on here wondering if this might be a common thing.......which it would seem not to be at all.

Hi JuMPy. :D Welcome and congratulations on your new Fusion!

Sorry to hear about the transmission problem. Is it a common thing? No. But like any vehicle, the Fusion does have it's share of issues. Unfortunately, you had one early. However, it sounds as though your Dealer is taking care of you and you are handling this in a rational manner.

Here is to hoping you get your car back in pristine condition ASAP and have a Happy and Safe New Year driving it! :shift:

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

As someone who has the trans blow on my 2010 Milan with only 12k on it, I can say that is bad but in your case on the second day of ownership that is appaling! You should really insist. On a new car not one with a rebuilt tranny. that's crazy!

For such a high quality vehicle the 2010-2011 Milan Fusion have had more than their share of tranny issues.

• Like 1

As someone who has the trans blow on my 2010 Milan with only 12k on it, I can say that is bad but in your case on the second day of ownership that is appaling! You should really insist. On a new car not one with a rebuilt tranny. that's crazy!

For such a high quality vehicle the 2010-2011 Milan Fusion have had more than their share of tranny issues.

Went in today to speak with the mechanic and service manager. Other than the tranny having to come out, it was a snap ring that came out causing a large metal seal to not seat, so no big deal. No damage other than not having the car to drive...we went over it together part by part, all looked good. No rebuild required, just a new ring and seal. Should have the car back middle of next week. As a former mechanic, I'm happy with the solution. If there are any issues, it will be back to them in a heart beat.

• 2 months later...