O'Reilly: Dumber Than a 6th Grader?

Asking one small group of Muslims not to build one Mosque in one spot, out of consideration for another group of people, is not bullying around an entire religion. Not everything is a constitutional question.

So prejudice and racism are okay as long as you confine them to small groups?

I'm arguing that this group of Sept 11 victims should not be offended by an Islamic centre just because the terrorists who perpetrated the attacks did so "in the name of Islam".

How would you feel if you were a devout Christian, then somebody you've never met kills a bunch of people "in the name of Jesus", and all of a sudden you're being told it's offensive for you to practice your religion within a 2 block radius of where these murders took place.

• Like 1

How would you feel if you were a devout Christian, then somebody you've never met kills a bunch of people "in the name of Jesus", and all of a sudden you're being told it's offensive for you to practice your religion within a 2 block radius of where these murders took place.

A Germany company who had ties to the Nazi's, and has since apologized repeatedly for their past, wanted to secure the naming rights for the new football Stadium for the two New York teams. Many in the New York and New Jersey Jewish community did not feel it was appropriate considering the company's past.

Even though it was perfectly legal for the company to go ahead and buy the rights, they listened to the people who said their company's name would be offensive, and removed their offer.

Now, you have a group, who to the best of my knowledge was quite happy with the actions of 9/11, now wanting to build a mosque (yes Mark, the guy developing it has called it that himself) two blocks away from the WTC, even though a large, large portion of the public thinks it's in bad taste.

There is doing what is legal, and there is doing what is right.

I don't know why the Left has such a hard time understanding the difference.

• Like 1

My side? What? I have no side in this particular argument...the Daily Show is just funny, and it isn't the way that you seem to think it is.

Which is my point. This guy is a comedian. Not a respected journalist. He cherry picks facts, twists them around, doesn't offer a chance at a rebuttal from his targets.

Listen, I don't care what he says or does. He has all the right in the World to do so. I just think that the people who always seem to quote him on Political and World Events are utter morons.

My issue wasn't what Stewart said. It was the fact that a harden Liberal (Mark) and a biased far Left wing website with ZERO journalistic integrity (HuffPo) made such a big deal about it. My issue was how often the Left whine about how others use Nazi references, yet are suspiciously quiet when their own side does it.

I also for the life of me can't understand why the Left goes moon bat crazy over topics and people that no one else here talks about. I honestly don't remember any of the admitted Right Wingers here ever quoting or linking to O'Reilly, Beck, Palin, Fox News. Yet every single day, some Left Wing nut job is going out of their way to post some opinion partisan hack piece by a discredited web site. The fools on MSNBC say far more idiotic things on a daily basis than anyone of Fox does in a month, but why don't comment on it everyday because those people don't matter, and because we refuse to give them a second thought.

If I wanted to talk about the things a private citizen like Bill O'Reilly has said, I'm quite sure I could find a website out there that would allow me to do so. And maybe I am wrong, but I think this board should be Ford Employees and enthusiasts talking about what they believe in, using their own words, and engaging in a conversation / debate.

• Like 1

Now, you have a group, who to the best of my knowledge was quite happy with the actions of 9/11, now wanting to build a mosque (yes Mark, the guy developing it has called it that himself) two blocks away from the WTC, even though a large, large portion of the public thinks it's in bad taste.

The project's organizers state that it is intended to be "a platform for multi-faith dialogue. It will strive to promote inter-community peace, tolerance and understanding locally in New York City, nationally in America, and globally,"[28] and have stated that it is modeled on the noted Manhattan Jewish Community Center, the 92nd Street Y.[20][29][30] The project's sponsors explained that the original name of the center was meant to invoke 8th–11th century Córdoba, which they call a model of peaceful coexistence between Muslims, Christians, and Jews.

Imam Rauf has promised to identify all financial backers of Park51.[137] Developer Sharif El-Gamal said in an August 27 interview that they will refuse money from groups such as the government of Iran and Hamas as well as any other "organizations that have un-American values."[138]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park51

Feisal Abdul Rauf (Arabic: فيصل عبد الرؤوف‎, born 1948) is an American Sufi[1] imam, author, and activist whose stated goal is to improve relations between the Muslim world and the West.[2] Since 1983, he has been Imam of Masjid al-Farah, a mosque in New York City.[3][4]

He has written three books on Islam and its place in contemporary Western society, including What's Right with Islam Is What's Right with America, and founded two non-profit organizations whose stated missions are to enhance the discourse on Islam in society. He has condemned the 9/11 attacks as un-Islamic and called on the U.S. government to reduce the threat of terrorism by altering its Middle Eastern foreign policy.[5][6] Author Karen Armstrong, among others, has praised him for his attempts to build bridges between the West and the Muslim world.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feisal_Abdul_Rauf

These sound like pretty decent people to me. People who want to encourage coexistence between religions.

Meanwhile, security analysts are suggesting that reactions like some of the people on this board are a perfect recruiting tool for extremist groups, playing right into their hands:

Counterterrorism analysts have noted that the developing controversy over Park51 has provided a "recruitment opportunity" for radical Islamist groups. According to Evan Kohlmann, the senior partner in the New York-based security firm Flashpoint Global Partners, "[t]he reaction is, at least on the part of extremists, fairly gleeful - that America is playing into our hands, that America is revealing its ugly face, and that even if it doesn't further radicalize people in the Middle East, there's no doubt that it will radicalize a kind of a key constituency that al-Qaida and other extremists are seeking to covet, seeking to court, which is the small number of homegrown extremists here in the United States".[151]

You know what? Maybe embracing all religions would help out America's perception in some parts of the world. Instead you're just giving more ammunition to shady characters in the world looking for reasons to convince young Muslims that they should resent America. Way to be part of the solution....

Edited by mustang_sallad
  • Like 1

Which is my point. This guy is a comedian. Not a respected journalist. He cherry picks facts, twists them around, doesn't offer a chance at a rebuttal from his targets.

Since you don't watch Stewart, you wouldn't know that he has had O'Reilly on his show and has been on O'Reilly's as well. Stewart's interviews with people he disagrees with politically are far more fair and civil than O'Reilly's. I have never seen Stewart shout anyone down or threaten to cut their mic. Stewart is a comedian and a commentator and he is far more respected than the talking heads on Fox.

Listen, I don't care what he says or does. He has all the right in the World to do so. I just think that the people who always seem to quote him on Political and World Events are utter morons.

Since you don't watch him you wouldn't know. If you don't like the comments or quotes you're welcome to ignore them.

My issue wasn't what Stewart said. It was the fact that a harden Liberal (Mark) and a biased far Left wing website with ZERO journalistic integrity (HuffPo) made such a big deal about it. My issue was how often the Left whine about how others use Nazi references, yet are suspiciously quiet when their own side does it.

Please tell me how HuffPo has been discredited? I mean by others than on the far right. HuffPo is on the left of the political spectrum, but it is primarily an agregator of stories from other mainstream sources like AP, Time, etc. It is hardly the equivelant of WorldNetDaily which has been debunked over and over again.

I also for the life of me can't understand why the Left goes moon bat crazy over topics and people that no one else here talks about. I honestly don't remember any of the admitted Right Wingers here ever quoting or linking to O'Reilly, Beck, Palin, Fox News. Yet every single day, some Left Wing nut job is going out of their way to post some opinion partisan hack piece by a discredited web site. The fools on MSNBC say far more idiotic things on a daily basis than anyone of Fox does in a month, but why don't comment on it everyday because those people don't matter, and because we refuse to give them a second thought.

I watch Fox and MSNBC and I do not see any proof that MSNBC talkers say more idiotic things than Fox talkers. Generally it is the opposite. The fact that you or I may disagree doesn't make the things more or less idiotic. What does is proof that the things said are factually incorerect, which happens far more on Fox thanks in large part to Beck, Hannity and Fox and friends.

Back on the topic of my post, Megyn Kelly said no one on Fox calls people Nazis. Stewart proved her wrong with the video. O'Reilly chimed in and Stewart bebunked his claims.

If I wanted to talk about the things a private citizen like Bill O'Reilly has said, I'm quite sure I could find a website out there that would allow me to do so. And maybe I am wrong, but I think this board should be Ford Employees and enthusiasts talking about what they believe in, using their own words, and engaging in a conversation / debate.

The purpose of this section of the forum is to have political and other off topic discussions. O'Reilly isn't a private citizen on his show, he's a public figure. If you don't want to play here don't click on the topics. No one forces you to waste your time here. If you don't like something that I or anyone else posts here, don't respond. Feel free to put me on your ignore list, you won't hurt my feelings. Just don't bitch about it.

• Like 1

you gotta love O'Reiley's come back:

"oh ya? you think you're so smart that you know that the moon causes tides? well then explain to me how the moon got there! how did the sun get there? how'd it get there? can you explain it to me? How come we have that and Mars doesn't?" - (paraphrase, here's the whole thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v1SkpUqYj0 )

If he's gonna rip into atheists he should probably at least bone up on some of the things we've learned since the 1500's. Even the catholic church has recently embraced the Big Bang... that's where O'Reiley should bring his debate, not on the origins of the Moon - for which we have some pretty good ideas. And ya, Mars has two, Jupiter has like 50....

• Like 1

Since you don't watch Stewart, you wouldn't know that he has had O'Reilly on his show and has been on O'Reilly's as well. Stewart's interviews with people he disagrees with politically are far more fair and civil than O'Reilly's. I have never seen Stewart shout anyone down or threaten to cut their mic. Stewart is a comedian and a commentator and he is far more respected than the talking heads on Fox.

At the end of the day, it’s a comedy show. His team of writers will do what they can to make sure he ends with a laugh, instead of a valid point (which people like you fall for). I will give him credit for having someone like O’Reilly on (I guess that means you have to give O’Reilly credit for having Stewart, and other Lefties on), because as it has been well documented, the vast majority of the Left Wing media would rather cut their own nose off before inviting someone who disagrees with them on their show.

But of course, you thinking a left wing Hollywood Liberal comedian is a respectable person is laughable. Let me guess, you also think Roman Polanski should be free.

Since you don't watch him you wouldn't know.

I didn’t say I’ve never watched him, I said I don’t bother to waste my time watching him anymore. I know what he is going to say before he says it. It’s the same old shtick with him.

If you don't like the comments or quotes you're welcome to ignore them.

And if you don’t like being called out for posting something stupid and hypocritical, then I suggest you shouldn’t post them.

Please tell me how HuffPo has been discredited? I mean by others than on the far right. HuffPo is on the left of the political spectrum, but it is primarily an agregator of stories from other mainstream sources like AP, Time, etc. It is hardly the equivelant of WorldNetDaily which has been debunked over and over again.

Thanks for walking right into the trap Mark. I have always said, never try and silence the Left. Give them enough time, and they will silence themselves.

Who tries to discredit O’Reilly, or Beck, or Fox & Friends? Why is it when your side tries to discredit something, it’s legit. But when the other side tries to discredit, you pass it off as nothing?

Say what you want about Fox, but at least they give the other side a spectrum to have their say. At least they will question the Republican party, and not blindly tow the line for them. Name me another high profile media outlet from the Left that does the same.

When was the last time HuffPo printed an article that called into question anyone on the Left? When was the last time they printed an article that supported something from the Right?

Places like HuffPo, DailyKOS, MM, MSNBC have been debunked over and over again. You choose not to pay attention to it because those places suit your political ideals.

And before you say it, I will gladly admit there are the same types of outlets that do the same for the Right. The difference is, the Righties on this board don’t venture there every day. We don’t post links to those sites, then go quiet when people question what is on the site, and why they posted it.

I watch Fox and MSNBC and I do not see any proof that MSNBC talkers say more idiotic things than Fox talkers. Generally it is the opposite.

Do you want me to provide examples of what the former Number 1 guy at MSNBC has said over the past 8 years, or do you just want to apologize now for saying something as idiotic as what you just have?

If you can provide me examples of when someone on Fox called Obama a fascist, racist, Nazi, or told him to “shut the hell up” on a regular basis, then I will gladly condemn those at Fox.

Of course, according to you, only the people at Fox say anything idiotic.

The fact that you or I may disagree doesn't make the things more or less idiotic.

But wait, you just said if you don’t agree with something, it does not make it “idiotic”. But now you are saying because you don’t agree with something it must be more idiotic.

Honestly Mark, I really hope you aren’t a lawyer, or at least don’t deal with important cases. Because if a couple autoworkers can own you in a debate, I’d hate to see what happens to you against an experienced litigator.

What does is proof that the things said are factually incorerect, which happens far more on Fox thanks in large part to Beck, Hannity and Fox and friends.

You really need to understand the difference between someone offering their opinion, and stating it is their opinion, and encouraging the people listening to go out and double check and seek more information, with someone trying to pass themselves off as a legitimate news anchor who is providing fact, not opinion.

Beck, Hannity and the rest don’t pretend to be news anchors. The people you watch do.

Back on the topic of my post, Megyn Kelly said no one on Fox calls people Nazis. Stewart proved her wrong with the video. O'Reilly chimed in and Stewart bebunked his claims.

Again, I don’t care what Kelly, O’Reilly or Stewart say. My point was, I find it hypocritical that you, the HuffPo, and Stewart don’t take Left Wing Talking Heads to the wood shed when they contradict themselves.

The purpose of this section of the forum is to have political and other off topic discussions. O'Reilly isn't a private citizen on his show, he's a public figure. If you don't want to play here don't click on the topics. No one forces you to waste your time here. If you don't like something that I or anyone else posts here, don't respond. Feel free to put me on your ignore list, you won't hurt my feelings. Just don't bitch about it.

Why would I ignore you and let you get away with saying stupid and hypocritical things?

O’Reilly is a talking head who would receive no mention on this board if the people like you didn’t bring him up every other day. He has no effect on the real world. Yet, he has received more attention around here in the last month, then issues in Egypt have. Why is that Mark? Seems to me you’d rather the conversation revolve around O’Reilly or Fox, because you don’t want people to see what a colossal failure Obama has been

• Like 2

, because as it has been well documented, the vast majority of the Left Wing media would rather cut their own nose off before inviting someone who disagrees with them on their show.

Well I guess this statement confirms that NPR indeed doesn't fall under this blanket term "Left Wing media", because if you've ever listened to On Point with Tom Ashbrook, for example, he ALWAYS brings people on the show from both sides of any argument. And if there isn't somebody to take the other side, Ashbrook himself will happily step in and play devil's advocate and push his guests to at least think about both sides of any argument. And he doesn't yell, that's important for me, lol!

But yes, credit to O'Reiley for not being afraid to invite people with opposing views onto his show, although the things I've seen have definitely shown he has a bad habit of talking over people, like so many other people on TV. I'm sorry, that's just not an adult thing to do....

• Like 2

Case in point, turn on the radio RIGHT now:

They call it “Conservatism 101,” a course on modern conservative thought and voices. And every time it arrives at a campus, it’s news.

The latest venue: Brown University. Conservative students asked for it. Now it’s on, with a reading list that includes Robert Bork, Ayn Rand, Milton Freedman, Charles Krauthammer.

For years, conservatives have complained that American universities don’t welcome their perspective. So what happens when their “101” shows up? Is it a bombshell? A bridge? An agenda? No big deal?

onpointradio.org

• Like 1

At the end of the day, it’s a comedy show. His team of writers will do what they can to make sure he ends with a laugh, instead of a valid point (which people like you fall for). I will give him credit for having someone like O’Reilly on (I guess that means you have to give O’Reilly credit for having Stewart, and other Lefties on), because as it has been well documented, the vast majority of the Left Wing media would rather cut their own nose off before inviting someone who disagrees with them on their show.

Actually I do give O'Reilly credit for having Stewart on his show and for going on the Daily Show. Stewart is one of the few liberals O'Reilly treats with respect. He doesn't try to talk over him . It is the kind of interview he should do with everyone he disagrees with, instead of trying to bully guests and calling them pinheads. As for the rest of the Fox talker line up, I don't think you'll ever see Beck or Hannity go toe to toe with Stewart.

But of course, you thinking a left wing Hollywood Liberal comedian is a respectable person is laughable. Let me guess, you also think Roman Polanski should be free.

No, as a matter of fact, I think Polanski should spend the rest of his life in jail. There is no excuse for his crime. Once again, you have proven that you know nothing about me.

I didn’t say I’ve never watched him, I said I don’t bother to waste my time watching him anymore. I know what he is going to say before he says it. It’s the same old shtick with him.

The fact is that you don't know what he's going to say as evidenced by your continued statement that he doesn't criticize people on the Left for the same hypocracy he criticized those on the Right for. He called Steve Cohen (D-TN) a hypocrite at the very start of the piece. Huffington Post ran the story on the front page. You have steadfastly refused to admit these facts.

And if you don’t like being called out for posting something stupid and hypocritical, then I suggest you shouldn’t post them.

I am not under any obligation to post criticism that suits your tastes. When others post critiques of Democrats that I agree with, I generally say so. Not criticizing every Democrat who takes a hypocritical position doesn't make me a hypocrite. Pretending that they don't act hypocritically in the face of evidence to the contrary or taking the position that their hypocrisy doesn't matter because Republicans do it too would. This is precisely what you have continued to do throughout our discussion here.

Thanks for walking right into the trap Mark. I have always said, never try and silence the Left. Give them enough time, and they will silence themselves.

Who tries to discredit O’Reilly, or Beck, or Fox & Friends? Why is it when your side tries to discredit something, it’s legit. But when the other side tries to discredit, you pass it off as nothing?

Where have I treated criticism of the left as nothing? Do you have a quote or is this more of you "knowing" what I would do? By the way I'm no more responsible for what people on "my side" do or say than you are for what poeple on "your side" do or say. Why is it always personal whith you Cocheese?

I have argued from time to time that such criticism was unfounded or based on a poor source such as World Net Daily or Breitbart. I believe I have backed those opinions up. When some have said that people like Olbermann or Schultz have crossed the same lines, I have agreed where I thought the point was well made.

Say what you want about Fox, but at least they give the other side a spectrum to have their say. At least they will question the Republican party, and not blindly tow the line for them. Name me another high profile media outlet from the Left that does the same.

Again since you don't watch Stewart regularly, you're not aware of the substantial number of guests he has on from the right like Rumsfeld, Huckabee, McCain(several times before the election), Bill Kristol, Newt Gingrich, John Bolton, Henry Kissinger and an open invitation to George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. Go ahead and find one instance where Stewart was rude or obnoxious to a guest he disagrees with politically.

When was the last time HuffPo printed an article that called into question anyone on the Left? When was the last time they printed an article that supported something from the Right?

HuffPost calls the left out often. As an agregator HP runs stories from many sources critical of the left and especially of Dems in positions of power. Since you don't read HuffPost you wouldn't know this.

Places like HuffPo, DailyKOS, MM, MSNBC have been debunked over and over again. You choose not to pay attention to it because those places suit your political ideals.

You keep saying these sources have been debunked and yet you have offered no evidence. Go on and cite some stories where they have been debunked. I have cited stories and statements form Fox, world Net and Breitbart that have been shown to be false.

And before you say it, I will gladly admit there are the same types of outlets that do the same for the Right. The difference is, the Righties on this board don’t venture there every day. We don’t post links to those sites, then go quiet when people question what is on the site, and why they posted it.

I don't care what the Righties on this board do or don't choose to comment on. If something interests me I comment. Obviously you are free to do the same.

Why do you care so much about what the Lefties do? Again, you are welcome to put me on your ignore list. Since you spend so much time here avoiding my points and attacking me personally for what you perceive as my thoughts and beliefs (See Polanski quip above) you seem to be a bit obsessed.

Do you want me to provide examples of what the former Number 1 guy at MSNBC has said over the past 8 years, or do you just want to apologize now for saying something as idiotic as what you just have?

I'm certain that there are examples of things Olbermann has said that you and I would completely agree on. I do think that KO's passion got the best of him lots of times just as with O'Reilly, Hannity and Beck. I have seen Olbermann apologise more than once for things he has said. Real apologies, not the I'm sorry if anyone was offended non-apologies. I don't defend everything Olbermann or anyone on the left says.

Please, go ahead and prove me wrong.

If you can provide me examples of when someone on Fox called Obama a fascist, racist, Nazi, or told him to “shut the hell up” on a regular basis, then I will gladly condemn those at Fox.

Glenn Beck: Obama has a deep seated hatred for white people and white culture: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/07/29/2009-07-29_fox_news_glenn_beck_president_barack_obama_is_racist_with_deepseated_hatred_of_w.html

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/glenn-beck-why-obama-is-a-racist-part-1/8b6261d2773c245dc6d68b6261d2773c245dc6d6-524600476004?q=glenn+beck+on+obama+being+a+racist&FORM=VIRE6

Glenn Beck compares Obama and Administration to Nazis, Calls Obama a fascist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YKYJ5rF-qA

Hannity Obama is a racist because the Trinity Church is Afrocentric:

Hannity plays truncated clip to say Obama blames America : http://mediamatters.org/research/200904040003

There are many more that will show up on a simple Google or YouTube search but I think I've answered your challenge.

Of course, according to you, only the people at Fox say anything idiotic.

But wait, you just said if you don’t agree with something, it does not make it “idiotic”. But now you are saying because you don’t agree with something it must be more idiotic.

Not everything I disagree with is idiotic. There have been idiotic things said by the left and on MSNBC. There have been many idiotic things said on Fox, especially on Beck Fox & Friends and Hannity. I have pointed them out including by posting the Stewart clip we are discussing here. I'm sure you could find idiotic things on MSNBC that I would agree are idiotic. You are welcome to do so. This is a free forum.

Honestly Mark, I really hope you aren’t a lawyer, or at least don’t deal with important cases. Because if a couple autoworkers can own you in a debate, I’d hate to see what happens to you against an experienced litigator.

With all due respect Cocheese, you've dodged most of the points I have raised here, attacked me personally and the basis of your defense is "I don't have to watch or read the things I comment on because I know they are wrong" I don't think you've "Owned" anybody on this forum. I'd be happy to see you in Court.

You really need to understand the difference between someone offering their opinion, and stating it is their opinion, and encouraging the people listening to go out and double check and seek more information, with someone trying to pass themselves off as a legitimate news anchor who is providing fact, not opinion.

Beck, Hannity and the rest don’t pretend to be news anchors. The people you watch do.

I understand completely the difference between well founded opinion based on observation and proven fact and talking about things one has neither seen nor read with a moral certainty that those things are wrong. Do you?

I don't consider Olbermann or any of the commenters on MSNBC to be news anchors or O'Reilly, Hannity or Beck for that matter. They are political commentators. They all believe they have a "truth" to tell but they all regognize that they have a political leaning left or right.

Again, I don’t care what Kelly, O’Reilly or Stewart say. My point was, I find it hypocritical that you, the HuffPo, and Stewart don’t take Left Wing Talking Heads to the wood shed when they contradict themselves.

See above. You are simply wrong. If you watched these sources you would know that.

Why would I ignore you and let you get away with saying stupid and hypocritical things?

Ignore me or don't. It is up to you. If you choose to challenge what I post you should come with more than your assumptions about what I believe, your opinions about things you haven't reviewed and personal attacks.

If that's the best you've got, I'm not impressed nor the least bit apologetic.

O’Reilly is a talking head who would receive no mention on this board if the people like you didn’t bring him up every other day. He has no effect on the real world. Yet, he has received more attention around here in the last month, then issues in Egypt have. Why is that Mark? Seems to me you’d rather the conversation revolve around O’Reilly or Fox, because you don’t want people to see what a colossal failure Obama has been

Again Cocheese, post what ever you want and read and respond to whatever you want. I am unaware of anyone on this board censoring any of your posts. If you want to post about Egypt, go ahead. I'd like to see your take on that subject as well as the whole democracy movement in the Middle East. My posts aren't stopping you. Go on and type away on Egypt, Olbermann, Obama, O'Reilly, Reagan, the cost of gas or fuzzy bunnies. It is a free forum. knock yourself out.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Well Mark after that well thought out response to Cocheese, I can't wait to see his reply, being that he owns you in this debate you know .LOL!

Remember this?

Still awaiting your response.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/42727-oreilly-dumber-than-a-6th-grader/page__view__findpost__p__674459

As for the rest, well, Mark is the guy who went after me for not watching a video, and instead commenting on the video after reading an article about it. He then turned around and did the same thing (didn't watch a video, but instead chose to comment on it).

He has absolutely no credibility n my eyes, so therefore I will not waste my time with him. He's just another drone for the Left.

Remember this?

Still awaiting your response.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/42727-oreilly-dumber-than-a-6th-grader/page__view__findpost__p__674459

See posts 50, 58, 105 & 113 above.

As for the rest, well, Mark is the guy who went after me for not watching a video, and instead commenting on the video after reading an article about it. He then turned around and did the same thing (didn't watch a video, but instead chose to comment on it).

I did respond to your post in the CBO thread (Post # 13 to which you did not respond):

Cocheese, on 21 February 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

Well, most people have the opinion that there are differences between a novel, and a movie hat was based off the novel.

Mark, you whined like a baby when I said I didn't watch the Stewart clip. Now you are doing the same thing. Face it, you're a hypocrite. Just embrace it, because quite frankly, you keep looking like an idiot while trying to fight it

My comment

Who is John Galt?

Someone who didn't think things through

Roadtrip's response to my comment:

"Predictably, it didn't take long for the anti-objectivists to chime in -- even before they've seen a screening of the movie."

My response to you:

Now I will concede that there is a possibility that the movie takes an anti-objectivist approach to Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged and if it does I will be absolutely wrong. Of course, if that happens Rand fans will be inconsolable and there will be a huge conspiracy theory over how the film was financed by George Soros and secretly directed by Michael Moore.

With all due respect Cocheese, my commenting on the theme of Atlas Shrugged, a well known story that I read, is quite a bit different from your commenting on an unknown Stewart piece you didn't watch.

You are welcome to resume your whining now.

He has absolutely no credibility n my eyes, so therefore I will not waste my time with him. He's just another drone for the Left.

As I have stated above, I do not care what you think. You are welcome to ignore me. When and if you post something that intrigues me I will comment. Have a nice day Cocheese.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

See posts 50, 58, 105 & 113 above.

Where do you see your name in that post?

My comment was directed at rn4. Which should have been pretty easy to figure out since it was his post that I quoted, and linked to a previous post that dealt with him.

Care to comment on rn4’s position on this? Care to ask rn4 why he hasn’t made comment about the overwhelming amount of questions people like Aces, parts/Die and yourself have left unanswered?

Tell you what, you start holding your side accountable, I’ll start holding my side accountable. Deal?

I did respond to your post in the CBO thread (Post # 13 to which you did not respond):

Blah, blah, blah.

You got caught. Just man up and let it go.

As I have stated above, I do not care what you think. You are welcome to ignore me. When and if you post something that intrigues me I will comment. Have a nice day Cocheese.

If you do, can you avoid using Obama’a talking points? Can you maybe look at things objectively, instead of looking for a way to blame anybody but the person/people responsible?

Thanks

Where do you see your name in that post?

The Quote you posted was rm4's response to me. Did you mean to qoute something else?

My comment was directed at rn4. Which should have been pretty easy to figure out since it was his post that I quoted, and linked to a previous post that dealt with him.

Care to comment on rn4’s position on this? Care to ask rn4 why he hasn’t made comment about the overwhelming amount of questions people like Aces, parts/Die and yourself have left unanswered?

You linked to Post 57 where you engaged me directly. I responded in Post 58 including the fact that Stewart directly called Steve Cohen D-TN a hypocrite. This alone conrtadicts your claim that he doesn't take on his side. You really should man up and admit you are wrong.

I don't even know who Aces or Parts/Die are. I don't see them in this thread. What questions have I left unanswered?

Tell you what, you start holding your side accountable, I’ll start holding my side accountable. Deal?

I don't care if you hold your people accountable. You are free to comment on whatever interests you.

Blah, blah, blah.

Very mature and well considered response...for a 5 year old. I would have expected more from someone who questioned my competence as a lawyer. Go ahead and reply to CBO Post # 13. Tell me how the movie will completely contradict the book.

You got caught. Just man up and let it go.

You didn't catch me at anything. It is you who refuses to let go of the fact that you were called out for your comments on the Stewart clip. You have been proven wrong and you know it.

If you do, can you avoid using Obama’a talking points? Can you maybe look at things objectively, instead of looking for a way to blame anybody but the person/people responsible?

Viewing things objectively doesn't mean I have to agree with you, nor does it mean you have to agree with me. You are the one who accused me of supporting Roman Polanski without a shred of evidence that I would do so. How was that objective?

You asked for examples of people on Fox calling Obama a racist and I posted them. How is that NOT objective?

You stated that people on the left would rather cut off their noses than have people they disagree with on their shows. I listed some of the people Stewart has had on as guests with whom he disagrees. How is that NOT objective?

You claim that I use "Obama's Talking Points". I think for myself and support my arguments with examples.

Please show me where I have "blamed anyone but the person/people responsible".

It is you who won't respond to the point by point responses I have posted. BTW and directly to the point of my original post that started this conversation with you, who is responsible for O'Reilly's Rant?

Thanks

You're Welcome.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow