Bullitt Director Peter Yates Dead

RIP, Mr. Yates. He had a long and rich career.

I never knew he directed Mother, Jugs and Speed. I remember going to see that one in the theater with my friends in the summer of 1976. It starred Bill Cosby and Raquel Welch, back when she really lived up to the second word in the movie's title...

RIP, Mr. Yates. He had a long and rich career.

I never knew he directed Mother, Jugs and Speed. I remember going to see that one in the theater with my friends in the summer of 1976. It starred Bill Cosby and Raquel Welch, back when she really lived up to the second word in the movie's title...

I saw Mother, Jugs and Speed at a drive-in. It was perfect for that setting. In her defense, Racquel Welch is 70 years old now.

I saw Mother, Jugs and Speed at a drive-in. It was perfect for that setting. In her defense, Racquel Welch is 70 years old now.

That movie would have been perfect for the drive-in theater!

Ms. Welch is at the point where it's obvious that she has had a little too much work done. She was stunning in her day, though. Then again, I don't look like I did in 1976 anymore, either.