where do i plug in my car when i come to work

pick6

Most plants have them next to the free gas pumps. Have ypu looked there?

in case all you megla-morons havent read the newspaper and no not the cartoons,this is a valid question,with the push to go electric where will people charge them when they are out and about?maybe kinda like air at gas station, put in a couple bucks get a charge,but i forgot all you morons can do on here is show your lack of a high school education,what a waste of good oxygen you all are

Edited by pick6
  • Like 1

in case all you megla-morons havent read the newspaper and no not the cartoons,this is a valid question,with the push to go electric where will people charge them when they are out and about?maybe kinda like air at gas station, put in a couple bucks get a charge,but i forgot all you morons can do on here is show your lack of a high school education,what a waste of good oxygen you all are

I only use the bad oxygen .

ok i want to buy a new focus at end of this year [electric} but theres no plugs ins ,in the parking lot.Go figure, i work for ford, i drive a ford ,but i cant drive it to work . :doh:

Yeah, I've thought of that also. And not just to work other places also.

I guess with up to 100 miles before a recharge is needed most people would be ok driving to work and home before plugging in.

• Like 3

Going by that link I would guess those stations will be inside the inner gates and not accessable to normal hourly workers who have to park outside the main gates.

Ford also plans to install 10 electric vehicle charging stations at the plant to charge a fleet of 10 battery-powered trucks. The trucks will transport parts stamped at the company's body shop at Wayne Assembly to Michigan Assembly for the Focus and Ford Focus Electric cars.

Going by that link I would guess those stations will be inside the inner gates and not accessable to normal hourly workers who have to park outside the main gates.

I bet your plant manager would get into Ford World by letting employees park inside the gate to charge, or install outlets outside the gates for employee access.

Plant managers are media whores. Bring it up to them and I bet you can make it happen.

ok i want to buy a new focus at end of this year [electric} but theres no plugs ins ,in the parking lot.Go figure, i work for ford, i drive a ford ,but i cant drive it to work . :doh:

Turn in a Maximo ticket for electricians to install outlets.

All seriousness aside, I wonder if it's possible to tap into the power to the parking lot lights?

Brother Pioneer: any thots?

Turn in a Maximo ticket for electricians to install outlets.

All seriousness aside, I wonder if it's possible to tap into the power to the parking lot lights?

Brother Pioneer: any thots?

It's possible, but the system might need to be upgraded (wire gauge for the load) and transformers installed. Plus the downside is they wouldn't be able to shut the lights off at dawn like they do now.

Their best bet would be to choose a section of the parking lot for "electric vehicles only" and run a dedicated feed for a charging center. it would be cheaper in the long run,

Hell, with some planning Ford could make it coin-op and break even on it.

Edited by OAC_Sparky

I would love to buy an electric focus to drive back and forth to work but it doesn't work for me. I live in toledo and drive 60 miles one way, so I will be looking at fiestas. I hope the fiesta has an eco boost engine next year.

You must work in Dearborn. I live close to Toledo and drive about 55 miles one way.

The electric Focus would be doable for us. We would just need a recharging station to plug into and the car would be all charged up at the end of our shift. :)

You must work in Dearborn. I live close to Toledo and drive about 55 miles one way.

The electric Focus would be doable for us. We would just need a recharging station to plug into and the car would be all charged up at the end of our shift. :)

Yes, I work at DTP on the box line. If they put a charge station at the plant then I would definately buy an electric focus, without a charge station then it's gonna be a fiesta.

Doesn't anyone at your plant drive a diesel? Does your plant accomodate them? I know some plants have power in the parking lots for diesel's to plug into in the winter to keep the glow plugs warm. I highly doubt, though, Ford will power up the parking lots to accomodate anyone who wishes to drive a hybrid electric vehicle.

Edited by Powertrain Pimp

I-drive-a-clean-car.jpg

Exactly. All it is doing is relocating where the emmissions are made, especially when a lot of the electricity is still coal produced.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Electric cars are not the magic bullet. Every time you see a gas tanker roll down the highway, it represents a fixed amount of energy. Every tanker we take off the road trading for plugin cars translates into that amount of energy needing to be produced at a power plant and sento over our electrical grid.

Our grid can't handle the demand we already have. How will it keep up?

All we're going to do is trade the oil barons for electricity barons. Because when gas prices go up we can choose to go out driving or not. But we depend on electricity to heat our food, power our TVs and computers, light our homes, run our furnaces and air conditioners.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

• Like 2

Exactly. All it is doing is relocating where the emmissions are made, especially when a lot of the electricity is still coal produced.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Electric cars are not the magic bullet. Every time you see a gas tanker roll down the highway, it represents a fixed amount of energy. Every tanker we take off the road trading for plugin cars translates into that amount of energy needing to be produced at a power plant and sento over our electrical grid.

Our grid can't handle the demand we already have. How will it keep up?

All we're going to do is trade the oil barons for electricity barons. Because when gas prices go up we can choose to go out driving or not. But we depend on electricity to heat our food, power our TVs and computers, light our homes, run our furnaces and air conditioners.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

Some people have solar panels now a days.

Yes, and some people have windmills too.

Solar panels are great if you have the space. Unfortunately, about 70% of the country's population live in urban centres.

I'm in the us, and most people live in houses which have a roof(which is where solar panels are installed). I'm not saying you're wrong that it doesn't still affect the environment because most people don't have solar panels, just saying some people do have solar panels and electric vehicles don't impact the environment in those cases.

I'm in the us, and most people live in houses which have a roof(which is where solar panels are installed). I'm not saying you're wrong that it doesn't still affect the environment because most people don't have solar panels, just saying some people do have solar panels and electric vehicles don't impact the environment in those cases.

Yes, believe it or not we have a roof on our house in Canada too; but unless you have a flat roof you are limited to whichever side is facing the sun (ie southern exposure) and what's in the way (ie your neighbour's house taller? My house blocks the southern exposure for my neighbour in his 2400 sq ft bungalow) and how gaudy your house is going to look.

I'm not saying it doesn't help, but it's still not a solution.

• Like 2