Nissan NV starts production

Reigner92

Looks like a rip off of the E-series AND the transit connecthttp://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/22/nissan-nv-commercial-truck-production-begins-in-mississippi/
Agree as far as the E Series goes- RWD, V-8 power, and a "hood".  IMO, no similarity to the TC but as I have previously said when the topic of the E's future,has come up,  Nissan's choice to go this route says something about just what their market research came up with.  This is a market that Ford has owned for how many years and here comes a direct challenge when Ford's position seems to be unclear.  Now I'm sure many will point our that this will be a dud just as the Titan has proven to be.  I hope that is the case.  But  this for sure is a direct attack on a  Ford stronghold.  Also the guy heading this commercial truck venture up, Joe Castilli, was a Ford truck veteran.  Think maybe he has some ideas??

As for the diesel option, two wrongs don't make a right. For the average buyer, diesel can't be justified, but for anyone running high mileage, or running as a rule with a higher gross weight and or running a high cube body with a lot of wind resistance, the right diesel option can make sense.

In particular when it comes to ambulance chassis, I'm sure Ford will be losing E-series sales-hopefully most of those lost sales will be captured by 6.7 equipped F-350/450's.

It will be interesting to see if the high roof 2500HD and 3500HD models willl make any inroads on the box body/cutaway segment. I see quite a few SRW cutaways with short box bodies running around, and the high roof models look to be about the same size, but not as squared off. Wonder how the price of a high roof 3500 will compare to an E350 cutaway with a short box body.