2012 Mustang Colors

robot_trainer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted a Sterling Gray and was very disappointed to find out it was canceled for 2012. I have a sonic blue 03 Cobra so i wanted somthing different but fo these cars there is only one other choice KONA BLUE. These cars look sick in that color!

I was very surprised that Sterling Gray wasn't an available color for 2012. Thankfully I bought a 2011 GT instead of waiting for the 2012.

Although it hasn't affected 2012 Mustang scheduling yet, Ford has stopped scheduling orders on a number of other vehicle lines including Tuxedo Black, Royal Red, Red Candy and Redfire paints due to a supplier problem related to the situation in Japan. If the situtation gets worse it's very possible that Ford will suspend scheduling for the Red Candy paint on the 2012 Mustang. If it comes to it, perhaps Ford will reinstate the Sterling Gray Metallic (UJ) paint that has been so popular for many years and discussed at length.

Although it hasn't affected 2012 Mustang scheduling yet, Ford has stopped scheduling orders on a number of other vehicle lines including Tuxedo Black, Royal Red, Red Candy and Redfire paints due to a supplier problem related to the situation in Japan. If the situtation gets worse it's very possible that Ford will suspend scheduling for the Red Candy paint on the 2012 Mustang. If it comes to it, perhaps Ford will reinstate the Sterling Gray Metallic (UJ) paint that has been so popular for many years and discussed at length.

Damn, I really Sterling Grey. I don't want to change anything now least that Murphy fellow shows his ugly face. I think I'll stick to Kona Blue. My build date has been moved several times already and now sits at Apr 11. Maybe if I ignore it it'll stay put. At least it comes by train to Toronto which is only 30 miles away. I may have to bust it out if there are trucking problems! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my 2012 Mustang GT in Kona Blue but I was tempted to order it in Lava Red, but the computer did not show that option nor would it accept the UZ code. Is it because it's a Canadian order.? I ordered on 1/15.

Good thing you decided not to go with the Red.....after the earthquake in Japan, I've heard several colors (red being on of them) will be harder to fulfill. I guess the pigment used in the color is supplied primarly from Japan.

Before I decided on the 2012 Boss Mustang, I was eager to purchase a 2012 Mustang Premium but was also one who was upset that Sterling Gray would not be a color choice this year. My ideas and plans were to do a "Eleanor" replica using that color.......now I just have to honor Mr. Jones with the Yellow and Black Boss.

Congrats on your new car and you will love the Kona Blue......it was my 2nd choice with the Boss.

Good thing you decided not to go with the Red.....after the earthquake in Japan, I've heard several colors (red being on of them) will be harder to fulfill. I guess the pigment used in the color is supplied primarly from Japan.

Before I decided on the 2012 Boss Mustang, I was eager to purchase a 2012 Mustang Premium but was also one who was upset that Sterling Gray would not be a color choice this year. My ideas and plans were to do a "Eleanor" replica using that color.......now I just have to honor Mr. Jones with the Yellow and Black Boss.

Congrats on your new car and you will love the Kona Blue......it was my 2nd choice with the Boss.

With the continuing problems in Japan, especially affecting the availability of paint pigments used by Ford for the Mustang, just maybe Ford will consider reinstating the Sterling Gray Metallic. Let's hope so as its been such a popular color choice for so many customers.

• 3 months later...

I had my heart set on the Sterling Gray too. I waited to long. I kept going back and checking on the Lava Red. It's kinda nice, unique, but it just didn't wow me. Maybe I was still hung up on the Sterling Gray.

Looks like ford reinstated streling gray for Sep 2011 builds. It is replacing the Lava Red. I ordered my GT in Kona Blue and have a build date as 08-AUG-2011. Can I ask for color change now? or is it too late?

Looks like ford reinstated streling gray for Sep 2011 builds. It is replacing the Lava Red. I ordered my GT in Kona Blue and have a build date as 08-AUG-2011. Can I ask for color change now? or is it too late?

Like many others, I'm very glad to see Ford reinstating the Sterling Grey Metallic (UJ) but it is only listed as "Late Availability" in the newly updated 2012 Mustang Order Guide. Whether it will be available for September production remains to be seen.

2012 Mustang Order Guide.pdf