Lincoln Town Car Future???

bbob

Hello! i work at Wixom I really do not know firsthand but I have heard rumors of the Town Car going to Chicago.It is hard to understand how Ford let that nameplate,its flagship through its most profitable years wither and die.Wixom is making taxi cabs nowdays and that cant be good for what is suppose to be a luxury car.Good News is you can get a terrific deal on one if you want to buy?Buy a Town Car!

Edited by chubby

Management at Wixom are still screaming about quality. The line is moving slow enough for for people to do their job and they are showing up every day for their 6 hr. shift. I believe the car is worth the buy if your in that market. After second thought theres a 100+ day supply in the dealer lots so you may want to ask for a newer build date because cars seem to degrade if they sit to long. Electronics, tires, engines and trans need to be run to maintain specs. They need to run so they dont seize up.

Hey chubbs hope your well. Do you any comment on the plant going to a warm idle at the start of 07 or earlier.

Hey chubbs hope your well. Do you any comment on the plant going to a warm idle at the start of 07 or earlier.

ha, ha ,ha ,ah ,aha , so ,uh ,hah, ahaha ,you ,work ,at Wixom huh ,huh ,huh ,uhuh ever see a KISS ASS ? ha ha ha aha aha you dont hate me so you must be at least semi- normal and not in a clique.Chubby dont clique.I ll figure ya out.All I can say is that 3 weeks off still aint enough oh yea and where is the FREE MONEY!!!! keep smilin! :finger: :blah: :runaway: :happy feet: :bandance: :baby: excuse me if I happen to accidentally start MOTHER FUCKING!!!! There outta be a sign like at 7-11 NO MORE THAN 3 WIXOM EMPLOYEES ALLOWED ON THE FORUM AT ONE TIME!!! lol,and behold! ha ah aha ah!

Edited by chubby

ha, ha ,ha ,ah ,aha , so ,uh ,hah, ahaha ,you ,work ,at Wixom huh ,huh ,huh ,uhuh ever see a KISS ASS ? ha ha ha aha aha you dont hate me so you must be at least semi- normal and not in a clique.Chubby dont clique.I ll figure ya out.All I can say is that 3 weeks off still aint enough oh yea and where is the FREE MONEY!!!! keep smilin! :finger: :blah: :runaway: :happy feet: :bandance: :baby: excuse me if I happen to accidentally start MOTHER FUCKING!!!! There outta be a sign like at 7-11 NO MORE THAN 3 WIXOM EMPLOYEES ALLOWED ON THE FORUM AT ONE TIME!!! lol,and behold! ha ah aha ah!

With the stack up of Town Cars... They should just give you guys one when the plant closes down. Keep it for a collector's item!

Sad but true...a co-worker of mine in product development says the next Town Car (E-386) is dead. Not enough volume to support the tooling, dies, and closures. Sounds like fomoco is giving up market share once again...this time in the full size luxury market. Do not worry, though, our competition will be more than happy to make up for the loss. The Caddy STS is a hell of a car. The 386 actually looked very similar to a 7 series Beemer(ask anyone who saw the proto's). The good news, however, is the mid size version (D-385) will still be built, and at CAP, too, due to common platforms with the 258. The car currently looks like a dildo on whels, hopefully the design guys can save it before we catch it in the back door once again...where are all the manager's that have car experience??? The upper ones now come from MP&L, or finance, and the last time I checked, those particular organizations do not know shit about building or designing a car. I am a very good at launching vehicles, but the designs and processess suck donkeys and am becoming more frustrated than ever with all the madness around me. Any support would be appreciated...... :shrug:

where are all the manager's that have car experience??? The upper ones now come from MP&L, or finance, and the last time I checked, those particular organizations do not know shit about building or designing a car. I am a very good at launching vehicles, but the designs and processess suck donkeys and am becoming more frustrated than ever with all the madness around me. Any support would be appreciated...... :shrug:

Hi, I work in the trades at Wixom and the place is totally demoralized.What I see are alot of people who just play politics.You know join the right clique,smile at the boss,smile at the UAW snitch on fellow employees to make yourself look better.Anything so that my ass does NOT have to do the dirty work. That said there are also alot of fine employees who never complain and are reliable. Cronyism and nepotism rule the Ford Motor Company. I may be out of the "Way Forward" but I am still a shareholder and I hope that one day Fords Supervision learns how to bring everybody together as a team to build a quality product. I see employees treating Ford Motor as no more than a welfare agency.A place to go to get an easy check. I tell ya something though,Wixom had some very good years! Adios !Amigo!

Edited by chubby

Hi, I work in the trades at Wixom and the place is totally demoralized.What I see are alot of people who just play politics.You know join the right clique,smile at the boss,smile at the UAW snitch on fellow employees to make yourself look better.Anything so that my ass does NOT have to do the dirty work. That said there are also alot of fine employees who never complain and are reliable. Cronyism and nepotism rule the Ford Motor Company. I may be out of the "Way Forward" but I am still a shareholder and I hope that one day Fords Supervision learns how to bring everybody together as a team to build a quality product. I see employees treating Ford Motor as no more than a welfare agency.A place to go to get an easy check. I tell ya something though,Wixom had some very good years! Adios !Amigo!

We went through the same at SLAP. I too am a share holder and seen alot of bull=shit over the years.Chubby,I have read alot of your post and you seem to be good people. I wish you luck, and hope you get a chance to finish your career at Ford. :rockon:

We went through the same at SLAP. I too am a share holder and seen alot of bull=shit over the years.Chubby,I have read alot of your post and you seem to be good people. I wish you luck, and hope you get a chance to finish your career at Ford. :rockon:

That is a nice thing to say.In all fairness I have meet some of the most intelligent,interesting people I have ever come across in my life inside of Wixom Assembly.It is just that when grown middle aged men act like wounded six year olds how does anybody perform at their best?I would love to see the rules the same for everybody and lets co-operate as a team.Thinking back I still get the biggest kick out of all those crazy,colorful characters!This one guy set his own house on fire to get the insurance money,then told his agent what he did while making the claim!!!! He finally went too far when he tried to collect unemployment while he was in jail.I swear he could make the devil laugh though! Once I am talking to him in the parking lot and he goes to pull away with a twelve pack of beer on the roof of his car.So I say hey! know what?He answers back stop worrying so much and drives off!Like something you would see on COPS!I wish I could be happy go lucky like that!!! Once again,Thanks for the kind remark! Keep smilin!

Edited by chubby

Sad but true...a co-worker of mine in product development says the next Town Car (E-386) is dead. Not enough volume to support the tooling, dies, and closures. Sounds like fomoco is giving up market share once again...this time in the full size luxury market. Do not worry, though, our competition will be more than happy to make up for the loss. The Caddy STS is a hell of a car. The 386 actually looked very similar to a 7 series Beemer(ask anyone who saw the proto's). The good news, however, is the mid size version (D-385) will still be built, and at CAP, too, due to common platforms with the 258. The car currently looks like a dildo on whels, hopefully the design guys can save it before we catch it in the back door once again...where are all the manager's that have car experience??? The upper ones now come from MP&L, or finance, and the last time I checked, those particular organizations do not know shit about building or designing a car. I am a very good at launching vehicles, but the designs and processess suck donkeys and am becoming more frustrated than ever with all the madness around me. Any support would be appreciated...... :shrug:

What a crock. That is just what Lincoln needs less of- product. Two front-wheel-drive sedans (one of which looks like a Ford, and a rebadged F-series, Expedition, and Edge? Sounds like a winning lineup to me! Lincoln is fast becomming a afterthought shit brand. Kind of reminds me of what the Chrysler brand did in the late 1970s/early 1980s. Best advice to Ford- can Lincoln. Sell Volvos and Jaguars in their place. They can even be built in this country. There are just too many good competitors for Lincoln to go up against.

Management at Wixom are still screaming about quality. The line is moving slow enough for for people to do their job and they are showing up every day for their 6 hr. shift. I believe the car is worth the buy if your in that market. After second thought theres a 100+ day supply in the dealer lots so you may want to ask for a newer build date because cars seem to degrade if they sit to long. Electronics, tires, engines and trans need to be run to maintain specs. They need to run so they dont seize up.

Heard anything about Mazda possibly buying that plant?

Other than the rumor NO. Heard its going to be a warm idle though so who knows.

Warm Idle? Humm could that mean you may not close after all? Or just a temp time while they rework the access points to the plant.

That is going to start around the time you guys are supposed to idle. Anyone that used to work out that way knows that the supply trucks could not get to the plant with that going on. Most of the traffic would go Grand river, others would take west rd. Too much traffic to run a normal production.

You still work out at Wixom?