TRUCK IS IN (Happy)

xtrer

Yes....the wait is over, my truck came in today. Thanks to the feedback provided on this forum - greatly appreciated.

Eco-boost trucks are also in the dealer lots - very nice truck - but I preferred the 5.0 L

Ordered the 5.0 L in the Crew Cab - Metallic Gray - looks sharp.

What a ride - one thing I noticed - the oil pressure gauge moves a little from a stop to highway speed and again drops if you are cruising at highway speed and slow down - is this normal?

Thanks

What a ride - one thing I noticed - the oil pressure gauge moves a little from a stop to highway speed and again drops if you are cruising at highway speed and slow down - is this normal?

Thanks

It sounds like Ford went back to using a real gauge instead of the idiot gauge they were using. Your oil pressure should fluctuate when you are driving since your oil pump pumps more as RPMs go up (at least it did on the old trucks). The old gauges were essentially lights showing you either had pressure or you didn't.

It sounds like Ford went back to using a real gauge instead of the idiot gauge they were using. Your oil pressure should fluctuate when you are driving since your oil pump pumps more as RPMs go up (at least it did on the old trucks). The old gauges were essentially lights showing you either had pressure or you didn't.

+1

I'm not sure that the oil gauge on the 5.0L is any different than the usual "pressure / no pressure" switch -- I've seen mine move a little bit, but usually it doesn't and the needle stays at the 1/2 way mark.

Edited by jmmec

Yes....the wait is over, my truck came in today. Thanks to the feedback provided on this forum - greatly appreciated.

Eco-boost trucks are also in the dealer lots - very nice truck - but I preferred the 5.0 L

Ordered the 5.0 L in the Crew Cab - Metallic Gray - looks sharp.

Thanks

CONGRATS!!!

I am still deciding b/w the 3.5EB and the 5.0

What mpg are you getting? Does the exhaust note sound good in the cab under acceleration? Is the ride bumpy when empty? What is the acceleration like with the truck empty? Did you get the max tow pkg?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

CONGRATS!!!

I am still deciding b/w the 3.5EB and the 5.0

What mpg are you getting? Does the exhaust note sound good in the cab under acceleration? Is the ride bumpy when empty? What is the acceleration like with the truck empty? Did you get the max tow pkg?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Milage - still too new - only plut 70 kms on it - but it does not seem bad - will let you know after the weekend.

As for the sound - WOWWWWWWWW - I love the sound much better thatn the eco-boost, (ecoboost is a wonderful motor - just wasn't for me) - inside the cab, the truck sounds like the old MUSCLE CAR - I love listening to it - especially during shifts and acceleration.

This is my 1st crew cab - my other one was an Extended Cab - ride is a little more bumpy - but keep in mind I also ordered mine with the LT Tires which gives it a different feel than the regular car tires "P" rated tires.

The only thing I questioned and no one seems to have an answer is why 2 truck with the same motor, etc. have different MPG ratings on the sticker price on the window. Take a look at my post titled "Window Sticker Fuel Consumption"

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43347-window-sticker-fuel-consumption-help/

Good luck with your decision - both engines are great choices.

Milage - still too new - only plut 70 kms on it - but it does not seem bad - will let you know after the weekend.

As for the sound - WOWWWWWWWW - I love the sound much better thatn the eco-boost, (ecoboost is a wonderful motor - just wasn't for me) - inside the cab, the truck sounds like the old MUSCLE CAR - I love listening to it - especially during shifts and acceleration.

This is my 1st crew cab - my other one was an Extended Cab - ride is a little more bumpy - but keep in mind I also ordered mine with the LT Tires which gives it a different feel than the regular car tires "P" rated tires.

The only thing I questioned and no one seems to have an answer is why 2 truck with the same motor, etc. have different MPG ratings on the sticker price on the window. Take a look at my post titled "Window Sticker Fuel Consumption"

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43347-window-sticker-fuel-consumption-help/

Good luck with your decision - both engines are great choices.

Thanks> The 5.0 I test drove gave me the same MUSIC!! Maybe the gearing is making the diff in mpg???

Thanks> The 5.0 I test drove gave me the same MUSIC!! Maybe the gearing is making the diff in mpg???

When I drove the 5.0 I told the dealer that "you will be able to sell these like hotcakes just based on the sound." It sounds like you are on top of a muscle car.

When I drove the 5.0 I told the dealer that "you will be able to sell these like hotcakes just based on the sound." It sounds like you are on top of a muscle car.

Yeah, I tested a 5.0 at the Fontana F-150 Roundup a few months ago and I thought to my self "This might not need aftermarket exhaust!"

I'm waiting for an EB, but I did love the growl of the 5.0. It was so tempting to just pick out one of those since there are so many already on the ground. Hopefully the EB will sound a little better with a mild exhaust. I doubt anyone has even changed the pipes yet here?

You will also love your EB. The wait is well worth it. I ordered my F150 5.0 L and couldn't wait until it came in.

Here is my problem - sound is great, and you just want to go with this thing! What do people usually recommend for the break in period?

Does anyone know if they run synthetic from the factory - when would you perform your first oil change. I am thinking in a month (just in case their are any shavings, etc. in the oil).IT'S INTERESTING NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER TO WHY 2 TRUCKS WITH THE SAME MOTOR, DIFF, ETC. HAVE DIFFERENT RATINGS FOR MPG ON THE STICKER PRICE.

WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE AVERAGING WITH THEIR 5.0 L - PLEASE SHARE.

You will also love your EB. The wait is well worth it. I ordered my F150 5.0 L and couldn't wait until it came in.

Here is my problem - sound is great, and you just want to go with this thing! What do people usually recommend for the break in period?

Would you be interested in a Mid-Atlantic BON gathering?

Does anyone know if they run synthetic from the factory - when would you perform your first oil change. I am thinking in a month (just in case their are any shavings, etc. in the oil).IT'S INTERESTING NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER TO WHY 2 TRUCKS WITH THE SAME MOTOR, DIFF, ETC. HAVE DIFFERENT RATINGS FOR MPG ON THE STICKER PRICE.

WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE AVERAGING WITH THEIR 5.0 L - PLEASE SHARE.

There's really no need to wait for a "break in" period on modern engines beyond perhaps a couple hundred miles. Most of the initial break-in is done before the engine is even put in the chassis these days.

Most Ford engines now come with a synth blend, not a pure synthetic. I wouldn't waste my time and money short changing the first oil change either. It's really not necessary anymore.

As for the MPG, the only things I can really think of would be gearing and tire height.

Edited by NickF1011

Grats on your new truck. How long did it take from the time you ordered it to the time you actually got it? I ordered mine 4 days ago and trying to figure out how long I will have to keep a car rental (I sold my 08 F150 before I ordered the truck) Thanks.

Thanks for the Grats - I ordered mine early December, came in Monday of this week. You should go to your dealer and ask for a loaner - my dealer provided a loaner for the entire time - they were excellent to deal with.

There's really no need to wait for a "break in" period on modern engines beyond perhaps a couple hundred miles. Most of the initial break-in is done before the engine is even put in the chassis these days.

Most Ford engines now come with a synth blend, not a pure synthetic. I wouldn't waste my time and money short changing the first oil change either. It's really not necessary anymore.

As for the MPG, the only things I can really think of would be gearing and tire height.

Thankyou for the information - great to hear because I just love the sound when you step on it.

As for the MPG - I checked the tires and gearing - both the same. Has many people stumped - even the dealer.