Ford wants Mustang in Sprint Cup for '13

The fact ford is doing good in nascar this year is great. Better than the "all american sport" being dominated by toyota's.

No I don't watch nascar, I just like to hear of ford winning in anything they do.

I can appreciate stockcar racing.

I HATE left and right turn racing, especially with or in any combination of, 4 cyl's, fwd or four doors!

I like dragracing but don't even watch that on tv. I like to do, not watch. Pass time is interesting, pinks all out is interesting, pinks where they lose cars is just stupid.

I went to the Pinks All Out "show" at Norwalk, OH last summer. I'm not sure I would refer to that as a race. Seemed pretty contrived to me. The most exiting part was when Muscle Head Rich did the arm drop while one of the crew had his head almost under one of the cars looking for fluid leaks. That could have been the end of Pinks had he been about two inches closer to the rear tire. That part was obviously edited from the TV show. :doh:

About the only positive out of all that was nr9 getting canned. I guess it was worth it afterall. :happy feet:

Nr9 was denigrating the proud racing heritage of Ford, specifically the Mustang. It was.a matter of honor that required a swift and tenacious rebuking of the scoundrel!

:finger:

so only a 1 inch by 1 inch butt end piece of steel will be used..nascrap is such a joke they way they butcher the shit outa stock cars...personally i could care less..id rather see some of the other series where the stang actually looks like a stang..course i gotta see what nascrap comes up with...and i gotta have some forgiveness as this is a mustang..but i still hate nascrap in every form

While I don't agree with everything NASCAR has done, especially with the generic looking bodies, there are some things that should impress anyone who calls themselves an auto enthusiast.

How many drivers who have been very successful in other series and then tried to break into NASCAR have been competitive or won any races? Not many. Juan Pablo Montoya is probably the best example. He was the F1 champion one year and yet he has only managed to win road course races in NASCAR. He has been competitive on the ovals but he has never won on that type of track. He drives for Chip Ganassi who has been very successful in other types of racing and whose other driver, Jamie McMurray won multiple races last year. Marcos Ambrose was a champion in Australian V8 Supercars and has not won a race yet after what, three years in NASCAR? And there have been many other good drivers who could not compete in good equipment.

The other thing about NASCAR that is impressive to me are the engines. You may say there is nothing earth shattering about carburetors and pushrods but does anyone realize how difficult it is to make a 358 ci V8 turn over 9000 rpm and do it for 500 miles?