2012 Mustang Status

ice-capades

FYI... The "OK To Buy" status has been achieved for the 2012MY Mustang, vehicles are now being shipped and in transit to dealers and will start aririving soon.

Unfortunately, according to today's "Commodity & Constraint" letter for this week's scheduling, NO 2012 Mustang orders will be selected for scheduling on Thursday, March 3rd.

FYI... The "OK To Buy" status has been achieved for the 2012MY Mustang, vehicles are now being shipped and in transit to dealers and will start aririving soon.

Unfortunately, according to today's "Commodity & Constraint" letter for this week's scheduling, NO 2012 Mustang orders will be selected for scheduling on Thursday, March 3rd.

Thank-you for the update. If the OKTB is acheived, what would cause the scheduling delay? Can a VIN be issued without it being scheduled? Thanks again

Thank-you for the update. If the OKTB is acheived, what would cause the scheduling delay? Can a VIN be issued without it being scheduled? Thanks again

Unfortunately, I can't give you an answer about scheduling delays.

A VIN number isn't assigned until an order of any type is submitted to the plant and scheduled for production.

Are cars being shipped one that were ordered back when they begain ordering 12's? Mine was ordered 1/20/11.

2012 Mustangs are now being shipped to dealers. My store has 2 stock 2012 Mustang GT's on rail cars and in transit to their final ramp in RI before being loaded on carriers for delivery to the dealership.

Your retail order should be scheduled soon once your dealership has 2012MY Mustang allocation, now that the "OK To Buy" status level has been achieved. When your dealership has allocation and there are no commodity issues, your unit should be scheduled and a VIN number assigned along with a scheduled build date.

• 2 weeks later...