Local898 Election March 9th

What are you hearing about ex Rawsonville employees being able to vote at 898s election next Wednesday?

We are hearing the same here at Saline, it was announced at our Local Union meeting Saturday, from the rumble on the floor it sounds like Joel Goddard is in trouble so agreements ( none in writing so far) have been made to get him re-elected, it was said that anyone on loan here can run and vote in their Local elections at their home plant. Unfortunately it's too late for anyone to sign up to run at Rawsonville, seems that they moved their election which was regularly scheduled for this May to next Wednesday March 9th, hmmm! another plus for old Joel perhaps!. Our Local commitee ( Tom and his boys) are already going around the plant campaigning to us to go vote for Joel. Sounds like Tom will be bringing him through our plant soon. I have never heard of anyone being able to vote or run in any local union's election unless they were dues paying members in good standing at that local!

We are hearing the same here at Saline, it was announced at our Local Union meeting Saturday, from the rumble on the floor it sounds like Joel Goddard is in trouble so agreements ( none in writing so far) have been made to get him re-elected, it was said that anyone on loan here can run and vote in their Local elections at their home plant. Unfortunately it's too late for anyone to sign up to run at Rawsonville, seems that they moved their election which was regularly scheduled for this May to next Wednesday March 9th, hmmm! another plus for old Joel perhaps!. Our Local commitee ( Tom and his boys) are already going around the plant campaigning to us to go vote for Joel. Sounds like Tom will be bringing him through our plant soon. I have never heard of anyone being able to vote or run in any local union's election unless they were dues paying members in good standing at that local!

Your right it is a ploy to protect Joel and the other two stooges Kanitz from Local 892 and Sommerville from Local 3000 these are the same three that wanted us to vote for the last concession agreement. Joel was in saline telling people that if they dont vote for it Rawsonville will close, Funny we didnt approve the concession agreement and isnt Rawsonville still open. If I could vote, I would not vote for Joel Goddard..

has anybody got the reasoning that the union at saline has for getting this "light blue cannot vote" policy thru. i know that the real reason is they are afraid that they were probably going to be voted out. but i would like to know what was said to international to have this change made. i remember that my vote was good enough for those guys a year and a half ago. i just don't get it i work at saline and pay dues to saline local but have to vote at raws local. how can i vote on matters, at this point do not concern me? i know that they indirectly affect me but i work at saline shouldn't i have a voice what goes on at the plant that i have to go into every day. how can i feel like my union guys will have my best interests at hand...but i guess they are not my union guys at all. and what else does not having voting rights at saline concist of? is there any point in going to a local 892 meeting? does this mean that my union membership card is worthless? seems to me that maybe my dues hould go to 898.

has anybody got the reasoning that the union at saline has for getting this "light blue cannot vote" policy thru. i know that the real reason is they are afraid that they were probably going to be voted out. but i would like to know what was said to international to have this change made. i remember that my vote was good enough for those guys a year and a half ago. i just don't get it i work at saline and pay dues to saline local but have to vote at raws local. how can i vote on matters, at this point do not concern me? i know that they indirectly affect me but i work at saline shouldn't i have a voice what goes on at the plant that i have to go into every day. how can i feel like my union guys will have my best interests at hand...but i guess they are not my union guys at all. and what else does not having voting rights at saline concist of? is there any point in going to a local 892 meeting? does this mean that my union membership card is worthless? seems to me that maybe my dues hould go to 898.

All of our temp tradesman at MAP just voted last week. on the local election.

it's a no win situation. vote for a jackoff to replace joel and get nothing, or vote for joel and get an experienced negotiator.. which has yet to get anything. if he had secured work instead of rumors of work and my ass wasnt sitting at saline, i'd feel diferently about him.

I'd have a hard time listening to him if he came up to me at work, takes a lot of balls to go to a temp at another plant and tell them to vote for you when youve been sitting at that plant almost 3 years and he really has done nothing to get you back home.

I think that since they've made this new ruling about "Loaned Members" only being able to vote and or run at our home plants that we should all be contacting Mark Caruso and telling him we want our dues to go back to our home plants also!. You think we have had poor representation this far, just hold on, now that they know we can't vote for them or run against them it's only going to get worse!. I saw one of Joel Goddard's campaign fliers his girl Missy was handing out, he mentions how important it is to have him as the lead negotiator this contarct and that's why he needs your support, mentions that the company would love not to have to deal with him, that's not true, the company loves to deal with Joel, he was the lead negotiator on both of the last rounds of Concessions!, thanks Joel, great job!. He also mentions that his favorite view at Rawsonville is seeing the Ford oval when he comes over the South bridge. He should be able to see signs all around that plant since there aren't any cars in the parking lot to block his view! We as members of the greatest union around are being conned by our own leadership! These guys are in it for themselves, we need to take a stand and let them know that yes they can do their dirty games behind doors and change the rules to serve themselves but we have the ultimate say with our vote!

Like him or not, you would have to be crazy to vote for Corneilus over Goddard!

Goddard is a JOKE he is a very good spin doctor he has some people at Rawsonville brainwashed in to thinking if they dont vote hom in the plant will close thats BULL &^%$. After 2 concessionary agreements negotiated by ole Jolie, the membership numbers at the lowest in rawsonville history, areas fenced in and the lights turned off, WOW Jolie has done a great job NOT. Where is the BATTERY work Joel, another lie among the many. I am campainging for Mike Cornelious yep we need new blood in thereleadership need to be changed at rawsonville and other plants ASAP. So if you want to be an Ostrich with your head in the sand Vote for Jolie, if you weant change and a chance to change things for the better DONT VOTE FOR JOEL, a vote for Joel is a vote for the same old good old boy, hog cutting,self serving,womanizing, style of union. you deserve better.

Goddard is a JOKE he is a very good spin doctor he has some people at Rawsonville brainwashed in to thinking if they dont vote hom in the plant will close thats BULL &^%$. After 2 concessionary agreements negotiated by ole Jolie, the membership numbers at the lowest in rawsonville history, areas fenced in and the lights turned off, WOW Jolie has done a great job NOT. Where is the BATTERY work Joel, another lie among the many. I am campainging for Mike Cornelious yep we need new blood in thereleadership need to be changed at rawsonville and other plants ASAP. So if you want to be an Ostrich with your head in the sand Vote for Jolie, if you weant change and a chance to change things for the better DONT VOTE FOR JOEL, a vote for Joel is a vote for the same old good old boy, hog cutting,self serving,womanizing, style of union. you deserve better.

Maybe your right. You vote for Mike C. Since he has been at the ole raws he has not written a grievence, or than again bargained a grievence. Hows that for expirience? How many Union meetings has he attended in his time at the raws since coming over from Auto Alliance? What's his campaign slogan? "Managements Candidate?" The company would f+*# his brains out if he had any. Be the committee man, than run and be elected to bargin, and then step into the big chair, but go right ahead smartboy vote for your choice.

My two cents....Joel has kept my ass working while collecting my Ford paycheck for a long time. Like him or not, EVERYONE has their opinion about Joel. But right about now, I'm looking at WHO is going to keep that same paycheck rolling in for me, so that I can pay EVEN MORE for some freaken gasoline to get me back and forth to work. Just my two cents........

Like him or not, you would have to be crazy to vote for Corneilus over Goddard!

Point missed. It doesn't matter if it's goddard v. corneilus or goddard v godzilla. The point is that all of at Saline are disenfranchised, leaving us, effectively, with no representation. Of all the things the UAW should be one would think that small d or big D, it would be democratic!

I left Rawsonville Visteon for AAI. I'm currently on the loan from hell to Saline, which is a very nice place to be, although now I have NO representation. I could vote at the Local 3000 election, but say my "boss" messes up my time sheet who do I call? The rep at Flat Rock? I don't think so! Of all the things my brothers and sisters chant "bullshit" to on the floor, this one would have to get the most resounding chorus ever!

By saying I can vote not at Saline, but at Flat Rock, are the Men In Blue secretly telling me I'll be back making Mustangs and who knows what else soon? Did the executive committee of the UAW make the stupidest decision possible on this voting issue? Why is the sky Blue, yet not oval? Enquiring minds want to know.

:stirpot::doh: :titanic: :ninja: :shrug:

• Like 1

Maybe your right. You vote for Mike C. Since he has been at the ole raws he has not written a grievence, or than again bargained a grievence. Hows that for expirience? How many Union meetings has he attended in his time at the raws since coming over from Auto Alliance? What's his campaign slogan? "Managements Candidate?" The company would f+*# his brains out if he had any. Be the committee man, than run and be elected to bargin, and then step into the big chair, but go right ahead smartboy vote for your choice.

Corny was involved in negotiating the most bad ass contract in the UAW; the Mazda agreement. Record proves...

Point missed. It doesn't matter if it's goddard v. corneilus or goddard v godzilla. The point is that all of at Saline are disenfranchised, leaving us, effectively, with no representation. Of all the things the UAW should be one would think that small d or big D, it would be democratic!

I left Rawsonville Visteon for AAI. I'm currently on the loan from hell to Saline, which is a very nice place to be, although now I have NO representation. I could vote at the Local 3000 election, but say my "boss" messes up my time sheet who do I call? The rep at Flat Rock? I don't think so! Of all the things my brothers and sisters chant "bullshit" to on the floor, this one would have to get the most resounding chorus ever!

By saying I can vote not at Saline, but at Flat Rock, are the Men In Blue secretly telling me I'll be back making Mustangs and who knows what else soon? Did the executive committee of the UAW make the stupidest decision possible on this voting issue? Why is the sky Blue, yet not oval? Enquiring minds want to know.

:stirpot::doh: :titanic: :ninja: :shrug:

Unfortunately...this may be the truth.

• Like 1

My two cents....Joel has kept my ass working while collecting my Ford paycheck for a long time. Like him or not, EVERYONE has their opinion about Joel. But right about now, I'm looking at WHO is going to keep that same paycheck rolling in for me, so that I can pay EVEN MORE for some freaken gasoline to get me back and forth to work. Just my two cents........

What about our memebers that are getting whip-sawed?

• Like 1

Corny was involved in negotiating the most bad ass contract in the UAW; the Mazda agreement. Record proves...

And that was definatly one of the best local contracts the UAW has seen in over 20 years, at ANY local. Mike did a good job for AAI back in the day. I can't comment on today, as I have not seen him in a long time.

I will say...the UAW screwed the pooch with this ruling. The temporary loan ins should have and deserve EVERY Right to vote for the representation where they currently work, just like a tpt employee. I see major problems coming down the line. I know some of the guys at Saline that have tons of experience, will be looking at this ruling with regards to the UAW constitution. I have not read the book, but I can not believe that this ruling can possibly stand the test of democracy.

Saline reps are TOOLS. They know without any doubt that they have no chance in hell of winning if the loan ins can run or vote.

• Like 1

rawsonville people should file a complaint with the national labor board for unfair election

And that was definatly one of the best local contracts the UAW has seen in over 20 years, at ANY local. Mike did a good job for AAI back in the day. I can't comment on today, as I have not seen him in a long time.

I will say...the UAW screwed the pooch with this ruling. The temporary loan ins should have and deserve EVERY Right to vote for the representation where they currently work, just like a tpt employee. I see major problems coming down the line. I know some of the guys at Saline that have tons of experience, will be looking at this ruling with regards to the UAW constitution. I have not read the book, but I can not believe that this ruling can possibly stand the test of democracy.

Saline reps are TOOLS. They know without any doubt that they have no chance in hell of winning if the loan ins can run or vote.

The article 6 section 10 refers to only holding membership in one Local the transfer loaned members filled out Local union transfer cards which makes them members of the location thier in currently! this was more of an amendment