Factory Delivery

tenracing

:idea: I think it would be cool, to have a factory delivery option, fly to the plant, take a tour, pick up your new car or truck! drive it home :shift: ... they may even have it already :shrug:...

Not quite as cool as flying to Sweden to pick up my Volvo but cool none the less :D

Edited by tenracing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would have jumped at the opportunity for factory delivery. I've been on tours of the Romeo engine plant a few times but have never been to a vehicle assembly plant.

As to the logistics, I'm sure the people at Ford are smart enough to sort out those details, others have.

• 3 weeks later...

I would definitely support and use factory pickup option.

Was at the corvette plant and museum across the street. They have factory pickup. I watched a couple take delivery of there new vette.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/ncm_delivery/index.shtml

Volkwagon in germany has it.

At 1500Dollars delivery charge, i sure can fly to the plant and drive it home myself.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I plan to order a new Mustang this year. We would love to be able to drive up to Flatrock and take delivery. If GM can figure it out Ford should be able to also even if it added a couple of hundered dollars to the price.

My wife and I plan to order a new Mustang this year. We would love to be able to drive up to Flatrock and take delivery. If GM can figure it out Ford should be able to also even if it added a couple of hundered dollars to the price.

http://crestfordflatrock.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en

That dealer is right across the street from the factory. About as close as your gonna get.