Ford Flex Successor

I'd like to note relative to this discussion about a putative Ford minivan that the Italians plan to kill one of their 2 minivan nameplates in North America in favor of a Cmax/Mazda 5 competitor. Italian engineering/product planning for the North American auto market has been a bit suspect over the past 60 years, I would say.

Inititally, Marchionne indicated that he would prefer to keep the Dodge Caravan and make the micro-van a Chrysler. In Canada, 80% of the minivan mix is comprised of the Dodge Caravan. But the Town and Country outsells the Caravan in the U.S. and other markets. "We will have to look at the branding, but we are absolutely going to one minivan." One consideration for Chrysler planners will be that it would be difficult to get the premium price points – over $40,000 for the top-of-the-line Town and Country – for a Dodge branded minivan. LIkewise, it will be difficult to get prices North of 30,000 for even a loaded Chrysler micro-van.

autoblog

I'd like to note relative to this discussion about a putative Ford minivan that the Italians plan to kill one of their 2 minivan nameplates in North America in favor of a Cmax/Mazda 5 competitor. Italian engineering/product planning for the North American auto market has been a bit suspect over the past 60 years, I would say.

autoblog

I beleive the Italian entry can be spotted easily...it has gullwing doors....