2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

Yes, it was built on the 25th.

In Transit Arrived at Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp )Bingcprs, NYJun-01-2011, 19:00 ETA Jun-13-2011

Thank you!

This works out well seeing i'm on vacation this week :happy feet:

Hey guys,

First time car owner here. Placed an order for a 2012 Ford Focus last May and already got a VIN 1FAHP3F22CL180678 with supposed build date of June 09 from ETIS. However I still haven't gotten any word on an ETA for delivery date or status from my dealer.

Can anyone help me out tracking the status and when it should arrive? Apparently, I need a delivery date to get an insurance policy, and I'm getting worried that this might delay me picking up the car. I'd appreciate any help.

Hey guys,

First time car owner here. Placed an order for a 2012 Ford Focus last May and already got a VIN 1FAHP3F22CL180678 with supposed build date of June 09 from ETIS. However I still haven't gotten any word on an ETA for delivery date or status from my dealer.

Can anyone help me out tracking the status and when it should arrive? Apparently, I need a delivery date to get an insurance policy, and I'm getting worried that this might delay me picking up the car. I'd appreciate any help.

You might wanna check with your insurance on new car coverage. Mine allows for coverage for up to 30 days after purchase on any new vehicle before I actually add it to my policy. Meaning.. if I drive it off the lot, get in a wreck pulling out of the lot, they'll cover it even if I haven't had them add the vehicle yet. Once I get the car, I can let them know the date I took delivery, and then I'm all set for coverage otherwise.

Anyone know if the railcars move over the weekend? If my car was in Decatur, IL on Friday at an Intermediate Point.. would it have waited there until Monday, or do rails ship over the weekend? My dealer mentioned the trucking companies that deliver cars from the distribution location a few hours away don't run on Sundays here (California), so I was wondering if it's any different for rails..

VIN 1FAHP3N29CL174958

Hey guys,

Just remember what the "E" in ETA stands for. Also, any insurance company should be able to get you a policy in a matter of hours as long as you are a current customer. Mine had a proof of insurance faxed to the dealership in about 30 minutes. In fact, since you have the VIN you can get the policy quoted now and have them start it on your delivery day.

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX710515 (Norfolk Southern Corp )Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MIJun-10-2011, 12:00 ETA Jun-21-2011

Anyone know if the railcars move over the weekend? If my car was in Decatur, IL on Friday at an Intermediate Point.. would it have waited there until Monday, or do rails ship over the weekend? My dealer mentioned the trucking companies that deliver cars from the distribution location a few hours away don't run on Sundays here (California), so I was wondering if it's any different for rails..

VIN 1FAHP3N29CL174958

Rail cars run 7 days a week. Yours was in Kansas as of this morning.

In Transit Passing (Union Pacific Railroad )Pratt, KSJun-13-2011, 05:15 CT Jun-21-2011

• Like 1

You might wanna check with your insurance on new car coverage. Mine allows for coverage for up to 30 days after purchase on any new vehicle before I actually add it to my policy. Meaning.. if I drive it off the lot, get in a wreck pulling out of the lot, they'll cover it even if I haven't had them add the vehicle yet. Once I get the car, I can let them know the date I took delivery, and then I'm all set for coverage otherwise.

Just remember what the "E" in ETA stands for. Also, any insurance company should be able to get you a policy in a matter of hours as long as you are a current customer. Mine had a proof of insurance faxed to the dealership in about 30 minutes. In fact, since you have the VIN you can get the policy quoted now and have them start it on your delivery day.

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX710515 (Norfolk Southern Corp )Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MIJun-10-2011, 12:00 ETA Jun-21-2011

Thanks guys for the advice, and thanks for the status, Pioneer.

Yeah, that was exactly the point I was making with the insurance rep. ETA is estimated which means it can change, give or take a few days. The rep kept insisting that I need to know the exact date otherwise I'd have to re-apply if the actual delivery date changes. And no, this'll be my first insurance policy since it's my first car so no luck there. I'll try checking on that new car coverage option if it's available here in Canada, or just get a better rep on the phone.

Thanks once again, Pioneer!! :D

@jhayne Ahh.. Ok. If you don't have an existing policy, that might be tougher to swing coverage. This Focus will be my first new car, but I've been driving others and insured for almost two decades. I think once it gets off the train, the dealership should know when they expect it to show. Then you'll have a more concrete date for you insurance agent. Insurance coverage should be pretty instantaneous once everything's ready but the date. They click ok and you should be good. Good luck with this!

Thanks once again, Pioneer!! :D

@jhayne Ahh.. Ok. If you don't have an existing policy, that might be tougher to swing coverage. This Focus will be my first new car, but I've been driving others and insured for almost two decades. I think once it gets off the train, the dealership should know when they expect it to show. Then you'll have a more concrete date for you insurance agent. Insurance coverage should be pretty instantaneous once everything's ready but the date. They click ok and you should be good. Good luck with this!

Even once it gets off the train, it doesn't help set that date in stone unfortunately any more than it was. Mine has been off the rail since Thursday I think it was now about a 2 hour drive from me, and my dealer called saying they think sometime NEXT week. ETA I got here was late this week, so there really is no knowing until it shows up, thats just how the delivery contracts run with most of these.

As for the insurance claiming they need an exact date, even with a new policy I find that hard to believe. I recently switched auto companies a few months back. I called the guy in the morning, gave him my info, he said he'd call back when he got a quote together. 2 hours later he called, I liked the price, stopped by his office an hour after, paid, picked up proof of insurance and was off. But once the car arrives at your dealership, it usually takes them a day or so to prep it, which should be more than enough time to get insurance coverage.

Well, I have an opportunity to get a 'very close to what I ordered' Focus, for the same deal, but without winter package and a different color. I'm tempted since my order is just sitting around in the lot not going anywhere. I think if the car ships by Friday, I'll still get it in time for the rebate and my pre-arranged financing. Really thinking about it......I asked my dealer it had shipped yet, and all she said was it should be coming in any time....I don't think she even checked.

Hey Pioneer, any way to see if there is any change in the status? 1FAHP3N20CL166442

Thanks in advance, you've really made things sooooo much easier.

Hey Pioneer. When ya have a second, can you see if my Focus was released: 1FAHP3M25CL172271

Thanks! I think quite a few of us owe ya a beer or two :-)

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX904810 (Norfolk Southern Corp )Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI Jun-14-2011, 11:00 No ETA

Pioneer,

if you could check one last time, vin #1FAHP3K26CL166224 I wont be back in town until Thursday, I'm thinking it will be waiting for me when I get back.

Thanks!

-Karl

In Transit Arrived at Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp )Bingcprs, NYJun-01-2011, 19:00 ETA Jun-13-2011

Well, it's already past it's ETA so it could be there next week.

Well, I have an opportunity to get a 'very close to what I ordered' Focus, for the same deal, but without winter package and a different color. I'm tempted since my order is just sitting around in the lot not going anywhere. I think if the car ships by Friday, I'll still get it in time for the rebate and my pre-arranged financing. Really thinking about it......I asked my dealer it had shipped yet, and all she said was it should be coming in any time....I don't think she even checked.

Hey Pioneer, any way to see if there is any change in the status? 1FAHP3N20CL166442

Thanks in advance, you've really made things sooooo much easier.

The car is on a rail car and moving now. Personally, I wouldn't settle for anything but what I ordered, but everybodies situation is different. I think you'll haet yourself if you do it the first time you go to turn on the heated seats and they aren't there.

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern Corp )Oakwood, MI Jun-14-2011, 13:55

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX852690 (Norfolk Southern Corp )Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI Jun-10-2011, 12:00

The car is on a rail car and moving now. Personally, I wouldn't settle for anything but what I ordered, but everybodies situation is different. I think you'll haet yourself if you do it the first time you go to turn on the heated seats and they aren't there.

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern Corp )Oakwood, MI Jun-14-2011, 13:55

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX852690 (Norfolk Southern Corp )Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI Jun-10-2011, 12:00

I really would too, I love my heated seats. BUT since it's actually on the move now, I'm totally getting the one I ordered. I'm really psyched to hear it's on a rail car. Thanks again Pioneer, you made my night! :happy feet:

Pioneer,

I was hoping I could enlist your help one last time! I received a previous ETA of the June 17th (seemed about right as the car is less than 150 miles away), and just spoke to my dealer today, who gave an ETA of June 27th. Just curious to see if you have the same, or any updates on status! Pics will follow pick-up!

1FAHP3J28CL166856

Cheers!

Drove by the dealership tonight, since I don't completely trust them to call me when my car would arrive, and it's in their lot now with my name on the window sticker! Thanks for all the help Pioneer! I will post pics after pick up!

Edited by Nkempf01

I wonder how many of you guys are still waiting? Here are my status updates from Pioneer:

2. In Transit Passing (Burlington Northern Railroad )Sheridan, WYJun-07-2011, 14:53 ETAJul-06-2011
  3. In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Burlington Northern Railroad )Wenatchee, WAJun-09-2011, 07:08 ETA Jul-06-2011

From June 7 Sheridan WY to June 9 Wenatchee WA. Pretty quick, no?. Can't wait! Hope it doesn't get held up too long at the border and maybe it'll get here before the ETA. /crosses fingers.

I wonder how many of you guys are still waiting? Here are my status updates from Pioneer:

2. In Transit Passing (Burlington Northern Railroad )Sheridan, WYJun-07-2011, 14:53 ETAJul-06-2011
  3. In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Burlington Northern Railroad )Wenatchee, WAJun-09-2011, 07:08 ETA Jul-06-2011

From June 7 Sheridan WY to June 9 Wenatchee WA. Pretty quick, no?. Can't wait! Hope it doesn't get held up too long at the border and maybe it'll get here before the ETA. /crosses fingers.

Seems like mine was in Decatur, IL as of Friday, June 10... Pratt, KS Monday, and Vaughn, NM yesterday..... At that rate I'm thinking it should've been in AZ sometime today, and could be in Southern CA sometime Thursday or Friday. Hoping I might be able to get it this weekend, even though my Ford ETA was pushed from 6/20 to 6/21. Wishful thinking, I suppose. :)

Its so nice to see everyone getting their cars or at least have them on the way. I was hoping maybe I could get in on some of the action. My car was supposed to built yesterday and I was just hoping to see that it went without a hitch. VIN is 1FAHP3N26CL182354. My fingers are crossed that it's released for shipping! Thanks in advance!