2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

I've made up my mind to take a 2012 Focus Titanium ordered for dealer stock. The Window Sticker says it started production on 3/25/11, but I have no idea where it is now. I'll be posting a request to Cyberdman to check on it Monday but maybe one of you can bring me up to date on where it might be. Options include the White Plat Sedan, 401A, 18" wheels, Moonroof, and HD Sirius/Nav. Dealer is allowing X-Plan for me again also.

Does anyone know when the "Okay To Sale" retail orders date was? Has the holds for MFT lifted?

Thanks

I've made up my mind to take a 2012 Focus Titanium ordered for dealer stock. The Window Sticker says it started production on 3/25/11, but I have no idea where it is now. I'll be posting a request to Cyberdman to check on it Monday but maybe one of you can bring me up to date on where it might be. Options include the White Plat Sedan, 401A, 18" wheels, Moonroof, and HD Sirius/Nav. Dealer is allowing X-Plan for me again also.

Does anyone know when the "Okay To Sale" retail orders date was? Has the holds for MFT lifted?

Thanks

I don't have any inside information but what I've gleaned from here and another Focus forum is: cars with MFT started off the line on 4/4. My SEL, 303A package, as well as a whole bunch of other cars with MFT are scheduled to be built the week of 4/25. I was at my dealership today picking up splash guards and the salesman said there are transport delays due to a union issue. He said there are hundreds of cars waiting to be trucked from the local rail holding yard to dealerships. He told me as of today, that is the only possible reason for a delay we might see, no material or quality holds that he's aware of. I hope to see my car late in the first or second week of May.

The 4/25 date is for Retail orders. They have been building MFT stock orders since day one. So that car was build 3/25, but they were held until early april when the ok to ship was issued for MFT, but there was a ~4k backlog of cars waiting to ship. So they are working through those cars, and may take a few more weeks. Plus it's possible the car is waiting for rework (fixing anything that failed QA)

Thanks

Here is Cybertman's response:

cyberdman

Posted Today, 06:52 AM

In Production - Produced Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI Apr-05-2011.

ETA TBD.

Still have no idea when this car will get to the dealer.

I got my VIN last Monday 4/11. Still nothing on Ford ETIS and reasearchmaniacs.com (window stickers). Does anyone know how long it takes VIN info to be posted. My build date is the week of 4/25.

Etis will show giberish (but not a error) until sometime after the car is built. Windows stickers should appear sometime this week.

My window sticker just posted (within the last 20 min).

Mine shows 4/26 instead of 4/25, but that can be difference in what the dates represent (start of line vs end, or something else)

My sticker also just became available. It has a 4/26 date too.

Thanks, emerril! My window sticker came up this morning! How do you tell the build date? Is the date at the end of the code in the box to the right of the Final Assembly Point? I know lots of prepositional phrases in that last sentence... Or is that the date it was entered into the system.

Thanks, emerril! My window sticker came up this morning! How do you tell the build date? Is the date at the end of the code in the box to the right of the Final Assembly Point? I know lots of prepositional phrases in that last sentence... Or is that the date it was entered into the system.

That is the date it was entered in the system. It us up top on the left, to the right of your state code - so mine says MI 120110426. I don't know what the first digit is, I've seen 1 or 2 there (maybe shift?), then YearMonthDay

Edited by emerrill

That is the date it was entered in the system. It us up top on the left, to the right of your state code - so mine says MI 120110426. I don't know what the first digit is, I've seen 1 or 2 there (maybe shift?), then YearMonthDay

Thanks again! I knew it was on there somewhere! So my car is 4/27... Now, I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks again! I knew it was on there somewhere! So my car is 4/27... Now, I'm really looking forward to it!

I didn't notice that before. My build date is also 4/27. Maybe I need to sneak into the Michigan Assembly Plant so I can see it being built. :-}