2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

I am no where near the factory, but if you have ordered an SEL or Titanium model they are scheduled to be built this coming week and if all goes well be shipped afterwards. The dealer stock orders should start to ship.

Not my Titanium! :banghead: I ordered the first of January and still haven't heard anything! My order had a 10 priority, so a small town dealer waiting on an allocation is the only thing that makes any sense. Although I see a dealer ordered car that was scheduled to be built Thursday has been added recently to his inventory. They didn't even call when they got their first dealer stock car in a couple weeks ago, an SE sport. Grrrr!

Do you get the VIN from your dealer? They will have it for sure, but may be keeping quiet because they are waiting on a delivery date. I ordered my Titanium at the same time as you, and am sure that you car is also being built tomorrow or Tuesday!

Do you get the VIN from your dealer? They will have it for sure, but may be keeping quiet because they are waiting on a delivery date. I ordered my Titanium at the same time as you, and am sure that you car is also being built tomorrow or Tuesday!

No, nothing. I went in a couple weeks ago and checked with the owner and he said he had a couple customer orders he was still waiting to hear about from Ford. Didn't know when I would get a VIN and be scheduled. I emailed my salesperson the first of last week asking for my order number so I could contact the customer rep on Facebook, but haven't heard from her. I emailed the sales manager for the number two days later, said he would check and get back to me. He hasn't and didn't reply when I emailed again to find out. Think my patience is grow a bit thin? :angry2:

I took a road trip to two out of town dealers yesterday and got to drive two SE Sports with auto, had 20 minutes of alone time with one of them! Also, got to see most of the colors. Who knows, maybe it's for the best. I do like the looks of the blue candy color now that I have seen it live. Seriously considering changing my ingot silver order to blue candy. But only if it doesn't change my place in line! :confused:

No, nothing. I went in a couple weeks ago and checked with the owner and he said he had a couple customer orders he was still waiting to hear about from Ford. Didn't know when I would get a VIN and be scheduled. I emailed my salesperson the first of last week asking for my order number so I could contact the customer rep on Facebook, but haven't heard from her. I emailed the sales manager for the number two days later, said he would check and get back to me. He hasn't and didn't reply when I emailed again to find out. Think my patience is grow a bit thin? :angry2:

I took a road trip to two out of town dealers yesterday and got to drive two SE Sports with auto, had 20 minutes of alone time with one of them! Also, got to see most of the colors. Who knows, maybe it's for the best. I do like the looks of the blue candy color now that I have seen it live. Seriously considering changing my ingot silver order to blue candy. But only if it doesn't change my place in line! :confused:

I think you should switch dealers. Did you give them a deposit?

• Like 1

I think you should switch dealers. Did you give them a deposit?

No deposit, been a long time customer there. I hate the idea of starting all over again and losing my pre-order tech rebate, but May 1st and all bets are off. I'll order a brochure online and see if I can get another $750 private cash offer to replace the tech rebate and go with a dealer who can actually get me a car. I will have made my "support small town business" effort, and the X plan deal should be similar or better anywhere.

What bad customer service!!! My dealer actually did not call me with my VIN either, but the car report is always sitting on his desk, so when everyone on the forums were starting to receive their VINs I went for a walk down to my dealer. Sure enough my car was listed with a VIN, but no date. I suppose to don't get too excited for their customer until the delivery date is showing on the report. Go into the dealership and look at the new car report showing your car, and I am sure that it will be there. It does not explain why they are withholding the information though.

You know, that is why I joined this board. I wanted to see if someone else was having the same trouble I was having with a dealer. Sure enough, looks like you are. After what was like a three ringed circus, I finally called customer service and the stuff I had been through was bad enough for them to assign me a case # and someone to oversee my order. They recorded my complaint, I sent copies of the emails I sent the dealer with their responses. Finally, I got a vin # and a build date of April 25. On March 8, I spoke to the guy who orders the cars for the dealership and he told me my sales person had lied to me to get the sale, and the car would not be here before Mid May or later. As it turns out, even though he was rude, he was truthful, and sure enough, it is almost May, and I still have no clue how to track down my car, or know when it is coming. This dealer has sold me THREE other cars-though I will always drive a Ford, this will be the last thing I order from them. I sold my other daily car in Feb. So, I know how you feel. Good luck to you, and maybe you should call customer service and ask to speak with a supervisor.

I still have no clue how to track down my car, or know when it is coming.

Toward the bottom of the first page of this thread is a link you can use to see the window sticker for your car. Once you click on the link, you will need to add the VIN to the end of the web address, then push the return key. Once you get the sticker, look toward the top left corner and you will see a number like 12011xxxx with xxxx being the month and date of production. Wish I could say that I have tried that and know that it works that way, but . . . . . . . .

You know, that is why I joined this board. I wanted to see if someone else was having the same trouble I was having with a dealer. Sure enough, looks like you are. After what was like a three ringed circus, I finally called customer service and the stuff I had been through was bad enough for them to assign me a case # and someone to oversee my order. They recorded my complaint, I sent copies of the emails I sent the dealer with their responses. Finally, I got a vin # and a build date of April 25. On March 8, I spoke to the guy who orders the cars for the dealership and he told me my sales person had lied to me to get the sale, and the car would not be here before Mid May or later. As it turns out, even though he was rude, he was truthful, and sure enough, it is almost May, and I still have no clue how to track down my car, or know when it is coming. This dealer has sold me THREE other cars-though I will always drive a Ford, this will be the last thing I order from them. I sold my other daily car in Feb. So, I know how you feel. Good luck to you, and maybe you should call customer service and ask to speak with a supervisor.

I'm kind of in the same situation with a small town dealer. Ordered a Titanium with every option except two-tone seats the first week the order bank opened. My approach with this dealer - from which my family has bought Fords for more than 60 years - is they're not going raise false hopes by saying "it's scheduled on April 25, etc." or call when they receive a VIN etc." Rather, the manager will probably call when there is confirmation that the car is in transit. That's how it worked on the last car I ordered. As we know, there have been "holds" for MFT, maybe others. When the car is on its way, I expect a call.

At play here with this dealer: Family history of great service, I get a fair trade-in price, I get the car at about 3 to 4 percent over the dealer's cost, pay no second sticker & have no hassles whatsoever.

Secondly, I'm wondering if the cars that are highly optioned, as seems to be the case with the Titanium, are late in the schedule, so as to work out problems as the lines "build up" the option list.

My window sticker came up today, but my name is not on it. I did find the right vin, and order #. Where do I find the date the car was finished, or the ship date? Geez, I feel like a detective here. It is exciting seeing the window sticker!

My window sticker came up today, but my name is not on it. I did find the right vin, and order #. Where do I find the date the car was finished, or the ship date? Geez, I feel like a detective here. It is exciting seeing the window sticker!

Top left corner, to the left of the large four-digit BLEND number. For example, if it appears as: 120110426, then the build date is April 26, 2011. The produced date and ship date do not appear on the window sticker.

Thank you so much mrdgr57! Sooooo, might I be so bold as to ask about how long it should be now before it comes? :sos:

You're most welcome. I'm in CA and my dealer is pretty high volume. I'm figuring about four weeks or so after build. You can request tracking info up until the time it ships here, just be sure to read the instructions and follow the rules carefully:

Vehicle tracking requests

OK, an update on my order. I emailed the dealer before lunch asking if it was too late to make a change in my order. My salesperson just called and said it is not too late as long as I make it in the next couple of days. The dealer told her he is getting an allocation next week, so any changes need to be turned in before the end of this week. For right now, I'll take that as good news! We'll see. :shades:

You're most welcome. I'm in CA and my dealer is pretty high volume. I'm figuring about four weeks or so after build. You can request tracking info up until the time it ships here, just be sure to read the instructions and follow the rules carefully:

Vehicle tracking requests

Actually, maybe less than four weeks for delivery. Three dealer-stock Focus sedans built in the first week of April are already available in my dealer's inventory. Their average time from build date until today is three weeks. If I'm lucky, my delivery might be in the third week of May. Fingers crossed.

And a big THANK YOU to all the folks on the line at MAP building world-class Titanium Foci for enthusiastic Ford customers. :woohoo:

My Focus was built on Friday (also my Mom's birthday). I got some great news today from a fellow who has been tracking the progress of my car. You know who you are, MANY THANKS!! :superhero:

The news I got this afternoon is:

In Transit Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX710051 (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI May-01-2011, 13:00 ET TBD

Detroit to Minneapolis is hopefully 2 days tops. Arrive at the dealership, one day to prep the car. Depending on how long it has to wait at the holding yard, I could be in my new Focus as early as next Saturday! :yahoo:

My dealer emailed me and told me that my Focus is in transit, and scheduled to be delivered May 11. But he thinks it will be sooner than that, by the end of this week! I am so excited! I will bump my location request tomorrow, and see for sure. Funny, but the info you get from this site is way more accurate than the dealership is. Thanks to all who are moderators here!

My dealer emailed me and told me that my Focus is in transit, and scheduled to be delivered May 11. But he thinks it will be sooner than that, by the end of this week! I am so excited! I will bump my location request tomorrow, and see for sure. Funny, but the info you get from this site is way more accurate than the dealership is. Thanks to all who are moderators here!

1FAHP3M29CL144988

As of May 1st at 1:34pm, your car is at an intermediate point in Louisville Ky, and has a dealer ETA of the 10th. Bump your thread with cyberdman at the end of the week.