2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

I took a shot and called Norfolk Southern tracking and spoke to a fellow who didn't sound too happy to talk to me, tough s%#t. I had to provide the rail car number and the last 6 digits of my VIN. Through the sighs and grunts he told me the rail car with my Focus just left Wayne this evening on a CX train to be transferred to a NS train which will take my Focus to Chicago where it will be transferred to a CP train and if it stays on schedule will arrive at the holding yard in Cottage Grove, MN on Saturday May, 7th. If all this is accurate, I probably won't see it until next week.

As I'm typing this post my tracker sent this message:

8009 P3M 1FAHP3M27CL145427 Focus In Transit Received at Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Wayne, MI May-02-2011, 17:30 ET May-14-2011 (ETA)

It's on stage two, on its way to Chicago.

Lol, Transitman,

I feel your pain. I am relieved that my car is on it's way too, but the waiting is terrible. Sunday afternoon it was in Louisville, Ky making it's way to Tampa Florida. I will wait another day to ask Cyberdman for an update. So, does the time seem to crawl right now or is it just me? :shades:

My goodness Emerill, why do you have to wait so long to get your car? What ever you do, don't let them put the "detail wax" stuff on it! That will save you headache, and time. Nice color!

When I get back from Canada, my wife's.schedule, the dealer wont close after noon on a saturday, and I may be flying down to FL, for the STS-134 launch.

Im honestly not that picky, esp since my color is pretty bright, it hides a crappy finish well. Knowing how lazy and busy I am, it would take me weeks or months before I would do anything myself. But I will make them try again if they screw it up.

When I get back from Canada, my wife's.schedule, the dealer wont close after noon on a saturday, and I may be flying down to FL, for the STS-134 launch.

Im honestly not that picky, esp since my color is pretty bright, it hides a crappy finish well. Knowing how lazy and busy I am, it would take me weeks or months before I would do anything myself. But I will make them try again if they screw it up.

Nice color! Congrats on being really close to delivery. Sounds like you have a lot of exciting stuff going on in the near future.

I'm taking everyone's advice - just emailed my dealer asking not to wax during prep. I'd just have to strip it anyway before doing my own wax job on it so it saves me a step and avoids any prep mishaps.

I haven't heard from the dealer yet. I stopped by on the way home from work late yesterday (around 6:50 PM). The dealer was closed and I didn't see my car on the lot. The salesman did warn that it may not arrive exactly on 5/3. They also have to install the remote start system and prep it. I'm hoping I hear something today or tomorrow. If I haven't heard anything by then, I'll stop by on the way to work Friday morning (I work from home Wednesdays and Thursdays).

So for those who have gotten their vehicles, how long from order date to arrival did you have to wait? I'm only a week in, but very anxious!

And can someone shed some light on why they're opting to request the dealer not to wax? (Sorry, I'm new :P )

:happy feet:

So for those who have gotten their vehicles, how long from order date to arrival did you have to wait? I'm only a week in, but very anxious!

And can someone shed some light on why they're opting to request the dealer not to wax? (Sorry, I'm new :P )

:happy feet:

Most people here aren't a useful gage for order time. Most of us ordered before they began scheduling - so people who ordered in October are getting their cars about the same time as people who ordered in March.

Most people here aren't a useful gage for order time. Most of us ordered before they began scheduling - so people who ordered in October are getting their cars about the same time as people who ordered in March.

o

That must be the case. My order was submitted the first or second week the bank opened - late October or first week of November. Just got a VIN number about 10 days ago. Still no window sticker has shown up.

On that topic, does anything look wrong with this VIN - 1FAHP3J2XCL157xxx

And, what day are cars scheduled?

Edited by fusion37

o

That must be the case. My order was submitted the first or second week the bank opened - late October or first week of November. Just got a VIN number about 10 days ago. Still no window sticker has shown up.

On that topic, does anything look wrong with this VIN - 1FAHP3J2XCL157xxx

Yes, you should have 3 numbers instead of xxx, unless that's just to protect your privacy.

People typically ask the dealership not to prep (wash & wax) their car because it is not done properly. If you really want to protect your car and the paint pay to small cost and bring it to a professional detail shop. All the contaminants from manufacturing and shipping will be removed and the paint will be protected with a good sealant or wax. They can also provide you with some information regarding the proper methods to use for washing the car.

My car is now sitting on a rail car!!! Little by little it is on its way!