2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

On that topic, does anything look wrong with this VIN - 1FAHP3J2XCL157xxx

And, what day are cars scheduled?

Cars are usually scheduled Wednesday night and show up on the Vehicle Visibility on Thursday morning. Some updates are available on Monday.

PM me your whole VIN and I can tell you if something is wrong with it and give you any scheduling updates.

I spoke to a Ford Cust. Service rep. 3 days ago about our new SE on order...

Focus (C346N) VIN Number: 1FAHP3F25CL134651

Order date: 3-16-11

Build date: 4-5-11

QA release for shipping: 4-8-11

ETA1: 4-17-11 (first official date they gave me, didn't show up)

ETA2: 4-27-11 (salesman called, taking it off truck)

ETA2.5: 4-27-11 (sorry wasn't your car, don't know when its coming)

Actual delivery: Who knows....

Called Ford Customer Service 5-2-11and inquired as to status. Gentleman told me he shows it still sitting in lot waiting to ship. He stated he was going to send a request up river to someone hopefully able to get me an answer in the next day or so. Higher up Rep. contacted me on 5-4-11 and told me that it is indeed still sitting in their holding lot waiting to be shipped. She also stated that it was taken back in by QA a few times for reasons unknown to her. She didn't show whether the unknown problems were taken care of and still no ship date. She also couldn't understand why they gave me ship dates and ETAs if there were problems with the car.... She offered to keep this inquiry open, checking it daily, and get back to me when the status changes. Good cust. service so far from them I think.

Wife and I were talking about it though and were wondering whether or not we shouldn't cancel this order and move on.....? If the car has this many problems leaving the factory lot on time, maybe it's not a car we want to own..... Its not a tech heavy car that would have been put on hold. If it's problematic now it may be a real nightmare owning it especially after the B2B warranty runs out.

I'm thinking I may call her tomorrow and ask her if she can elaborate on the problems or put me in touch with someone who can. If not we may elect to cancel the order and look for something close to that build in our local dealers stock. Was hoping to have a better experience with this car since we got a good slot and timely build date/info but I guess Murphy's law applies now...hehe.

Bricc, based on those dates and other stuff people have said here, it seems you may have been waiting for a SYNC update.

Additionally, looks like they are going over these babies with a fine-tooth comb (per my dealer), so I would be happy about the attention to quality (although obviously a little sad about having to wait).

If I were you, I would ask if it's been re-released in the past week with a new ETA. However, this time remember that ETA really is an estimate.

While I understand the desire to think it may be a bum car - a few things to consider.

Just because it failed QA, and needed rework, doesn't mean it isn't going to be just as good as one that rolls right of the line that way. They are very particular with the testing, and they spend hours doing it. As an example, each car runs around a test track with a special mic setup inside, if the mics pickup any noise that is outside of what is allowed, then it fails and is moved to rework to find and correct the problem.

Second, you have no way of knowing if the random car you find on a lot failed QA and got rework. It may have had significantly worse problems that were fixed - it's just impossible to say.

All I'm saying, is that it's totally random as to if you will get any better or worse of a car - and a car being held for QA doesn't mean it will be a lemon when you get it.

Another thing to consider is the information you receive from customer service. That is why I joined this forum. I was told at one point early in March that my car was in the yard, they had installed the wipers the day before and was ready to ship. Nothing could have been further from the truth.Then they told me they did not know when the car would arrive because there were issues with my ford touch. My build date ended up being April 26th. Last week, Cyberdman was kind enough to tell me my car had been shipped, and was on it's way. Then Pioneer went a step further in another post and I found out it was in Louisville, Ky. So on Monday, I called customer service just to see what they would tell me, and they told me the car was ready for shipment! So, if you want an honest answer, and no smoke screens, etc, come here. These guys will shoot you straight . So now, I am on pins and needles because Cyberdman found out the car is only 80 miles from my dealership. That was yesterday. So, thanks to you guys, and I for one, believe what I read here from you, and not what those people on the phone say. Bottom line is your car won't be a bum car. Ford knows the world is watching the release of this model,, and they are taking great pains to make sure they give the customer a quality product. I hope you hear something soon!

1FAHP3M29CL144988

Edited by Spooky

Thanks for the support guys!!

Yeah half of me wants to keep on waiting and get what we ordered.....

The other half wants some straight answers to the delay or go elsewhere.

I have to go to the doc's and have my broken wing checked out. Maybe when I get back I'll see about getting in contact with Pioneer or Cyberdman. Maybe one or both will happen through and lend a hand in the meantime. Any place on the forum preferable to contact them?

Thanks again guys!!

I was just about to post that my dealer finally received an allocation for my December order the first of this week, but was told that it would not be pulled for build until sometime in June when my dealer called and said it had been pulled and gave me the VIN. :happy feet:

Edited by timinac

Thanks for the support guys!!

Yeah half of me wants to keep on waiting and get what we ordered.....

The other half wants some straight answers to the delay or go elsewhere.

I have to go to the doc's and have my broken wing checked out. Maybe when I get back I'll see about getting in contact with Pioneer or Cyberdman. Maybe one or both will happen through and lend a hand in the meantime. Any place on the forum preferable to contact them?

Thanks again guys!!

You can PM me or just post your questions here in the general forum, but the only thing I am going to be able to tell you is what comes up when I run a Vehicle Visibility report off your VIN.

However, I can tell you, your vehicle will not leave the assembly plant until it is proporly fixed. A lot of vehicles get "fixed" before they leave the plant, it's just nobody knows about it because they are not following the progress of them like people here.

If you want me to run your VIN, I can. Post it here or PM it to me.

Incoming PM.....Thanks!!!

You can PM me or just post your questions here in the general forum, but the only thing I am going to be able to tell you is what comes up when I run a Vehicle Visibility report off your VIN.

However, I can tell you, your vehicle will not leave the assembly plant until it is proporly fixed. A lot of vehicles get "fixed" before they leave the plant, it's just nobody knows about it because they are not following the progress of them like people here.

If you want me to run your VIN, I can. Post it here or PM it to me.

Got my car today! Busy with house work, but I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Congratulations Emerrill!!!!!!

I got word that my car made it to Toronto, so it should be here and in my possession by next Saturday!

I'm interested in finding out how you guys are obtaining ETAs. I have a vin, a window sticker and etis is telling me my car was built on Thursday, 5/5. However, the sales manager at my dealership was not able to provide me with an ETA on Friday when I inquired.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, Pioneer, could you check on my VIN, please? I'm a bit baffled as to why it's not at the dealer yet. It was built 4/27, and I'm only about an hour-and-a-half from the plant. The VIN is 1FAHP3N29CL145329.

It just says your car is awaiting shipment at the plant. The ETA hasn't changed. It still says the ETA was the 3rd.