2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

Many thanks...might have something to do with the fact that I'm kind of out of the way in WV. I just hope it's not sitting outside the factory too long.

Interesting. It's been produced but there is no official ETA. It just says "TBD". I'm guessing that means To Be Determined.

Many thanks...might have something to do with the fact that I'm kind of out of the way in WV. I just hope it's not sitting outside the factory too long.

Pioneer,

Did you see my PM concerning my dealer number & incorrect VIN?

Fusion37

So there's apparently a 'stop shipment' on all the cars. Mine was built on the 27th, passed QA, and was due to arrive tomorrow....but it's apparently still sitting in michigan.

When did this latest "hold" go into effect? Lots of people have been receiving their cars in the last few days.

Yes...I am EXTREMELY interested in this as well.

yeah not too sure, dealer information is pretty thin, though they've been on the ball so far. He called mid last week, and it was 'awaiting shipment' by truck, so it would be somewhere in between then.

o, and vin# is 1FAHP3N2XCL144061 if anybody on here can do anything else with that

Edited by dan.the.man.

OK, so I'm new to ordering a custom-configured vehicle, and from what I've seen personally and from reading on the 'net, this whole dealer-doesn't-have-any-info scenario is surprisingly widespread.

Is this the new normal for custom-ordered cars? or is it just unique to "hot" items like the 2012 Focus? A friend of mine has had a custom-ordered 2011 Volkswagen TDI on order for nearly five months now and he's in the same kind of status black-hole as we who've ordered the Focus.

Edited by stevegee

Sounds like I'm in the same "limbo boat." My car was built 4/27. The status has been something along the lines of "waiting for loading onto truck/train with an ETA of May 3" for more than a week. I called my salesman, and he said that once it gets into that state, they have no way of finding anything more. It could arrive tomorrow or two weeks from now (or longer, God forbid). This is so frustrating.

So there's apparently a 'stop shipment' on all the cars.

Incorrect and potentially damaging misinformation.

Perhaps yours was re-released after a quality check, but not sure how you extrapolate to "all cars."

Mine was built April 28 and it is in my driveway.

Perhaps the Fiestas and Focuses are selling like hotcakes, perhaps they do transport in batches (why drive to Wyoming with one car?), perhaps this is how it goes with a brand new vehicle.

So there's apparently a 'stop shipment' on all the cars. Mine was built on the 27th, passed QA, and was due to arrive tomorrow....but it's apparently still sitting in michigan.

Mine was built April 27 and arrived at my dealership today.

Incorrect and potentially damaging misinformation.

Perhaps yours was re-released after a quality check, but not sure how you extrapolate to "all cars"

yeah there was no extrapolation on my part...I was simply quoting what my dealer had told me. He said he spoke to two different people, so that information came from ford. In any event, the car is now released for shipment.

What is the time frame some of you have experienced? I submitted my order for a titanium April 28th, and the dealer's communication with me has since been less than impressive. My trade in value is contingent on remaining under a certain mileage, and I have a private offer from Ford that expires at the end of June. Just curious if anyone that has ordered recently has any information on current timeframes.

It's always appreciated! The suspense is killing me!

What is the time frame some of you have experienced? I submitted my order for a titanium April 28th, and the dealer's communication with me has since been less than impressive. My trade in value is contingent on remaining under a certain mileage, and I have a private offer from Ford that expires at the end of June. Just curious if anyone that has ordered recently has any information on current timeframes.

It's always appreciated! The suspense is killing me!

This probably isn't what you want to hear but...

Ordered in early November. Have a VIN but no build date. Thinking my window sticker, with a build date will show up next week.

I'm anxious to get the car but on the other hand, I'm glad some of the problems with the early builds have been fixed - or at least I hope they've been fixed.

Ordered in Jan...built last Wed/Thurs...still waiting on an ETA. I'm sure everyone is different. It seems the steps from getting the VIN to the build date are fairly standard, but once the car is actually built, the time it takes to reach the dealer varies quite a bit...this probably due to a number of factors that influence transport (mode of transport, distance to dealer, location of dealer (rural vs. urban), etc.).

This probably isn't what you want to hear but...

Ordered in early November. Have a VIN but no build date. Thinking my window sticker, with a build date will show up next week.

I'm anxious to get the car but on the other hand, I'm glad some of the problems with the early builds have been fixed - or at least I hope they've been fixed.

I know some orders, especially those ordered prior to production were quite a bit delayed, but has anyone that placed their order within the past month or two have any status on progress of their order?

I know some orders, especially those ordered prior to production were quite a bit delayed, but has anyone that placed their order within the past month or two have any status on progress of their order?

Ordered last week in April, have not heard any word of progress yet. Getting kinda worried.