2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

FYI, for people who want to track this thing to death (like I do), I found this useful contact information from Focus Fanatics forums for people who already have their rail car number and want to know where the rail cars are and the schedule. I hope they don't mind if I share this to you guys as well.

[For Norfolk Southern,] Call 1-800-635-5768, select 1 for shipment tracing, then 'say' shipment tracing, then be prepared for follow their directions SLOWLY, BUT STEADILY for entering in the rail car number. Too fast, and their system misses letters/numbers, too slow and it says it can't understand you. Also holding the button down too long as you enter the number trips it up too. It's a very frustrating system.

I did, however, find this info as well, but haven't used it, therefore not confirmed it.

CSX

1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352

2. When prompted for location, press "1" on your phone for location.

3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX (whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)

4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in whatever your car number is

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific

1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123

2. Follow phone prompts for Trace

3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly.

4. Listen for your update

That being said, does the car ship with the same rail car number through out the delivery or does it get shuffled around? My rail car says that it's currently in Ohio but moving onto NC by tomorrow. I don't know if it's still heading towards Missisauga/Toronto given that my ETA is today.

Pioneer, would you be able to give an update on my VIN 1FAHP3F22CL180678. This'll be the last request. Hopefully the next time I post will be the pics. :) Thanks for all your help!

"In Production - Sent to Plant" means that the order has been submitted to the assembly plant. Orders are usually submitted to plants around a week before the vehicle is to be produced. It is not currently in production. When I usually help people out and look up orders I don't give them that line because of the confusion it gives the customer. I go one line down and give them their scheduled date to start production, and yours is still scheduled for the 24th.

Hey Pioneer, mine shows something similar for 1FAHP3J20CL182873 per the tracking thread, but my build date was marked as 06/18 (last Saturday). Does that "In Production" mean the build date is probably pushed back? Ouch.

FYI, for people who want to track this thing to death (like I do), I found this useful contact information from Focus Fanatics forums for people who already have their rail car number and want to know where the rail cars are and the schedule. I hope they don't mind if I share this to you guys as well.

I posted that on FF, and nope, I don't my if it's posted here. In fact, I'm glad you did!

Looks great :)

Question: Is that the Red Candy being phased out, or is that the "new" Red Candy?

Thanks!

That is the original Red Candy with code U6. I had heard the RZ paint was going to be used starting mid-May, but I still got U6. I don't know that I'd be able to tell the difference anyway.

Hello Pioneer,

First of all, thanks for your help for all these nice people here. I know they appreciate it, and I just think its really nice of you. I too am a 2012 focus order holder and am looking for help tracking my car. I have my window sticker and it said it was built (hopefully) on 6/16/2011. Do you think you could let me know if it's on a train yet? Vin is 1fahp3n25cl182684. It's going to have to travel all the way to Tampa, Florida. I am guessing an arrival date of 7/8/11 because of how far I am from Michigan and Independance Day weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Maureen

Your guess of an ETA was pretty close.

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Csx Transportation )Wayne, MIJun-21-2011, 20:17 ETA Jul-11-2011

Hey Pioneer, I got my build info on ETIS with VIN#1FAHP3F25CL183056. It shows an automatic..... we ordered a 5 speed. can you chk our info and let me know what the build sheet says? Thanks again Pioneer :)

In this case, ETIS is right. It's an automatic, not a 5-speed.

That being said, does the car ship with the same rail car number through out the delivery or does it get shuffled around? My rail car says that it's currently in Ohio but moving onto NC by tomorrow. I don't know if it's still heading towards Missisauga/Toronto given that my ETA is today.

Pioneer, would you be able to give an update on my VIN 1FAHP3F22CL180678. This'll be the last request. Hopefully the next time I post will be the pics. :) Thanks for all your help!

Better go check your dealer. It was delivered yesterday. :)

Delivered Final Delivered (Allied Systems Ltd )CB1282 - Erinwood Ford Sales Ltd Mississauga, ONJun-21-2011

Hey Pioneer, mine shows something similar for 1FAHP3J20CL182873 per the tracking thread, but my build date was marked as 06/18 (last Saturday). Does that "In Production" mean the build date is probably pushed back? Ouch.

Your order must have been pushed back because it was scheduled to be built on the 18th and it is not showing as being produced. The scheduled build date will not change on the vehicle visibility system, and will not give another projected build date.

I have never heard of an order going 4 days past their scheduled build date. I wonder if something went down at the plant.

In this case, ETIS is right. It's an automatic, not a 5-speed.

I talked to the dealer and they said the order shows a 5speed, do I need to contact the dealer again to have them contact the factory? also Is there an ETA on the car? Full build sheet? Thanks so much Pioneer, you have been a great resource for all of us here. Edited by 74stang

I agree! Youre giving tons of piece of mind among us that are really impatient haha. Any way if I could see if mine made it on a truck yet? Thanks!

1FAHP3N26CL182354

In Transit Received - 08z (Allied Systems Ltd )Ramp 41, Newark, NJJun-21-2011, 15:09 ETA Jun-28-2011

Hey Pioneer I was wondering if you could check the status of my order VIN - 1FAHP3N24CL182210. ETIS said the build date was 6/14 so I assume its on a train now? Thank you for doing this!

Not on a train. It's at your dealer.

Delivered Final Delivered (United Road Service )F11040 - Bonnell Motors, Inc. Winchester, MAJun-21-2011

I talked to the dealer and they said the order shows a 5speed, do I need to contact the dealer again to have them contact the factory? also Is there an ETA on the car? Full build sheet? Thanks so much Pioneer, you have been a great resource for all of us here.

http://fordlabels.we...AHP3F25CL183056

The window sticker doesn't lie. Print it out and show them.

Contacting the factory is moot at this point because the unit is built. The dealer screwed up the order. Didn't you get a copy of your DORA when they placed the order?

Anyway, as I see it, your choices at this point are to purchase this one with a discount from the dealer for the auto trans, search for another one that has already been built, or complain to a zone manager that the dealer didn't order the vehicle you wanted and order another one with a higher priority. The problem with that is Race Red. I believe that paint has been discontinued and you would have to pick another color.

There is an ETA on the order but that was a couple of days ago. It's sitting at the plant waiting to be shipped.

Edited by Pioneer

Not on a train. It's at your dealer.

Delivered Final Delivered (United Road Service )F11040 - Bonnell Motors, Inc. Winchester, MAJun-21-2011

SWEET! I called my dealer they said it hadnt arrived yet but their system said it was delivered at 4pm. So hopefully the truck is just late. I'll post pics when I get it. Thank you again!!

Contacting the factory is moot at this point because the unit is built. The dealer screwed up the order. Didn't you get a copy of your DORA when they placed the order?

Anyway, as I see it, your choices at this point are to purchase this one with a discount from the dealer for the auto trans, search for another one that has already been built, or complain to a zone manager that the dealer didn't order the vehicle you wanted and order another one with a higher priority. The problem with that is Race Red. I believe that paint has been discontinued and you would have to pick another color.

There is an ETA on the order but that was a couple of days ago. It's sitting at the plant waiting to be shipped.

I called my salesman and he will contact the new car manager to find out WTH happened. Ill let ya know what happens :shrug:

Your order must have been pushed back because it was scheduled to be built on the 18th and it is not showing as being produced. The scheduled build date will not change on the vehicle visibility system, and will not give another projected build date.

I have never heard of an order going 4 days past their scheduled build date. I wonder if something went down at the plant.

I must have the worst luck in the world. Tomorrow will be exactly 8 weeks since initial order.

Hey Pioneer,

Isn't it just Candy Red that has the problem? I hadn't heard anything about Race Red. My understanding is it was the Siemens supplied pigment in the Kona Blue, Candy Red, and Tuxedo Black that was currently impacted by a supplier shortage. Unless something has changed in the last few weeks Race Red shouldn't be a problem.

Jeff

Edited by uberjeff

hey Pioneer,

A slightly impertinent request, the service you provide is much appreciate as buying a car is a slightly stressful experience, any degree of transparency helps a lot. I was wondering if you could extend some love to a new fiesta purchaser as well.

VIN is 3FADP4FJ8BM228421. I believe it was buit on or around 5.26.11. I've been told its in transit and should expect arrival at dealership before the 4th of July. Any further information would be appreciated.

Hi Pioneer! I was referred to you by a member of the Focus Fanatics forum. My VIN is 1FAHP3F21CL188917. Supposedly, it was built on Tuesday. The dealership is in Sterling Heights, so I can't imagine ETA would be more than a few days after that. Thanks!