Milan Plastic Plant

The contract with the new owners of Milan Plastics Plant overwhelmingly passed yesterday. The fuel tanks will now be made by Inergy, the number 1 global fuel tank manufacturer.

Some of the current Ford employees will transition out slowly, especially those that have to train the Orange in jobs held by Ford that require some skill (Ford will subsidize their pay until October).

We have moved up on the flow back hierarchy list hoping something opens up soon.

I pray the transition is smooth and the Blue will welcome us wherever we end up.

The contract with the new owners of Milan Plastics Plant overwhelmingly passed yesterday. The fuel tanks will now be made by Inergy, the number 1 global fuel tank manufacturer.

Some of the current Ford employees will transition out slowly, especially those that have to train the Orange in jobs held by Ford that require some skill (Ford will subsidize their pay until October).

We have moved up on the flow back hierarchy list hoping something opens up soon.

I pray the transition is smooth and the Blue will welcome us wherever we end up.

WELCOME TO DTP!!!

You will be welcomed where ever you end up. The majority of Blue workers have been kicked around and transferred to so many different locations, that a new face in a plant is a daily occurance. If I were dark blue at Saline, however, I wouldnt be telling people that when I arrived at a new plant. Dont let everyone scare you either about Final assembly plants. Yes the work is harder than a parts plant, but you'll adjust and life will go on.

• Like 1

Please post the packages offered to those interested in staying and working for the new owner.

And that would be the biggest mistake they ever made, why would you give up working for ford?

Edited by SU-FI
  • Like 1

I wish you a smooth transition to whatever facility becomes your new home. Possible options could be DTP some temps left until Thursday, MAP still has temps and apperantly the Pilot Plant has as recent as this week had temps slated to go there. So looks like there should be some options within the SE Michigan area for you all choosing to stay Ford to move too.

I wish you all the best.

• Like 1